Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

INAUGRAL MEETING OF THE COSTA ESURI RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION

INAUGRAL MEETING OF THE COSTA ESURI RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION

Old Apr 7th 2010, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: INAUGRAL MEETING OF THE COSTA ESURI RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION

¡hola! mis esurianos,

Re: BANK GUARANTEES.

This subject requires IMO it's own thread, because too many bits of information can be found throughout the different threads in the Ayamonte subforum. What say you?

Refer back to Spanish_Lawyer's post #504 on the EUC thread, and read onwards for a few pages to refresh your memories about what has been discussed.

(As a result of doing a search, the words "bank guarantee" appear highlighted in red ink.)
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...rantee&page=34

Hope this helps.
Carol
Old Apr 7th 2010, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

¡hola S_L!
I have taken a quick look at the 3 avales: Caixa de Ahorros de Galicia, Banco Popular, and Caja de Ahorros de Granada. (I don't know how I missed reading these the first time?) What was the outcome of this request by the PP at the Plenary Session in Ayamonte last December 2009?

I have a question:
Can the EUC board produce evidence that EUC funds have been used to maintain road surfaces? By "maintain" I mean to say "complete the work not carried out by MF".
John&Kath mentioned the paving of road surface near the roundabout. Was this a "completion" of work, and if so, who paid for it? I'm thinking that this should give weight to any discussion with the mayor to "call in the guarantee".

Saludos,
Carol
Old Apr 7th 2010, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Carol&John
¡hola! mis esurianos,

Re: BANK GUARANTEES.

This subject requires IMO it's own thread, because too many bits of information can be found throughout the different threads in the Ayamonte subforum. What say you?

Refer back to Spanish_Lawyer's post #504 on the EUC thread, and read onwards for a few pages to refresh your memories about what has been discussed.

(As a result of doing a search, the words "bank guarantee" appear highlighted in red ink.)
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...rantee&page=34

Hope this helps.
Carol
I agree with you. There are too many threads with the same subject.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

In blue:

¡hola S_L!
I have taken a quick look at the 3 avales: Caixa de Ahorros de Galicia, Banco Popular, and Caja de Ahorros de Granada. (I don't know how I missed reading these the first time?) What was the outcome of this request by the PP at the Plenary Session in Ayamonte last December 2009? PSOE and IU voted against.

I have a question:
Can the EUC board produce evidence that EUC funds have been used to maintain road surfaces? By "maintain" I mean to say "complete the work not carried out by MF". I think it is impossible.
John&Kath mentioned the paving of road surface near the roundabout. Was this a "completion" of work, and if so, who paid for it? I'm thinking that this should give weight to any discussion with the mayor to "call in the guarantee". I do not know who paid for the works. Martinsa Fadesa should pay it.
Saludos,
Carol
Old Apr 7th 2010, 6:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: INAUGRAL MEETING OF THE COSTA ESURI RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION

Originally Posted by spanish_lawyer
A project has various phases. The completion of each phase is guaranteed with a guarantee. I do not know exactly what works are guaranteeing each Bank guarantee. However, I know that works of CE have a long delay. Why?. MF is in bankrupt since June 2008. Since then, work in CE have been delayed (I think it has stopped). How is it possible that the phases of construction are completed if not working at CE?.

I do not live in CE, and do not know if they work or not. But I was there last Saturday and don´t saw no progress.

I think it is better to make a document to the Mayor signed by the members of the EUC want. That document will have to ask for information about: work to ensure each guarantee and if they have not completed, explain why not call the money. Legally it is better that the mayor reply in writing as to have a meeting with him.

Problem: The first guarantee expires in July. The Town Hall (Mayor) has 3 months to answer. We are in April so he can answer the first day guarantee expires.

Reptonian, I attached the guarantees in other thread but I attach it again!!!.
Hola SL good to see that you got down to CE for Easter was it as good as Sevilla last year? Did you pop into the new attraction Jags Bar? Things are moving forward but very slowly maybe 6 or so new villas under construction and Sea and Sun seems ready for occupation. So all is not lost. However the big things like the shopping centre and the Hotel loook desolate and have not moved at all for may be 2 years. The Tasa development right at the top at the back is also forlorn and deserted.

So its a mixed picture but all the things that might be called infrastructure are there it is just the quality that leaves a great deal to be desired. I would not think that the Hotel or the shopping center are part of the BG nor would I think anything built by Fadesa inside the barriers at the parcelas are part of the BG so it comes down in the main to infrastructure a lot of which we cannot see. I am not certain but the only presence of Fadesa is Paulo in the sales office at the shed.

So it may be we ought to meet the mayor and also send aletter.

Regards, John.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hola SL good to see that you got down to CE for Easter was it as good as Sevilla last year? Did you pop into the new attraction Jags Bar? Things are moving forward but very slowly maybe 6 or so new villas under construction and Sea and Sun seems ready for occupation. So all is not lost. However the big things like the shopping centre and the Hotel loook desolate and have not moved at all for may be 2 years. The Tasa development right at the top at the back is also forlorn and deserted.

So its a mixed picture but all the things that might be called infrastructure are there it is just the quality that leaves a great deal to be desired. I would not think that the Hotel or the shopping center are part of the BG nor would I think anything built by Fadesa inside the barriers at the parcelas are part of the BG so it comes down in the main to infrastructure a lot of which we cannot see. I am not certain but the only presence of Fadesa is Paulo in the sales office at the shed.

So it may be we ought to meet the mayor and also send aletter.

Regards, John.
I was in Seville, again. But on Saturday I spent a few hours in Huelva/Ayamonte. I love Easter. My understanding is that the proyecto de urbanización includes hotels, commercials centre, etc. A year ago I saw the proyecto de urbanización (it's huge). I posted about it: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=341

http://www.martinsafadesa.com/index....on&i=55&pais=3

MF sold plots to individuals and developers (Tasa, Prycolar –Sea & Sun, etc). The rest must build it.

I can write the letter but would need to know: 1) what would you have write (everyone has an opinion), 2) who will sign the letter (it is need an address for reply).

With regard to the Residents Association: Last 25th March, was signed a "acta fundacional" of the Association?, who shall be the President, Secretary, etc?. I wonder why if it has formed an association can be signed by the President (representing the Association). Problem: only members may request information from the EUC (not long term renters).
Old Apr 8th 2010, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

¡hola S_L!
Is there a copy to view of the "Plan Parcial...Puente Esuri" referred to in the copy of the Bank Guarantees? Is this "plan" divided into 3 stages of completion to coincide with the 3 bank guarantee expiry dates ranging from 2010 to 2011?
Has the Ayuntamiento received "in part" officially any of Puente Esuri?
What can a small group of people do to influence the mayor? What would you say to the mayor? How about for starters: "Please explain what is going on?"
Old Apr 8th 2010, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Carol, my reply in blue:

¡hola S_L!
Is there a copy to view of the "Plan Parcial...Puente Esuri" referred to in the copy of the Bank Guarantees? Ufff. It´s different. There are several rules: Normas Subsidiarias, Plan Parcial, Proyecto de urbanización…Is this "plan" divided into 3 stages of completion to coincide with the 3 bank guarantee expiry dates ranging from 2010 to 2011?
Has the Ayuntamiento received "in part" officially any of Puente Esuri?The Town Hall has received provisional (not definitive) some work.
What can a small group of people do to influence the mayor?. I do not know… but if they can vote… What would you say to the mayor? How about for starters: "Please explain what is going on?". If you ask it, he will talk about an hour and in the end you're going to think: what he said?. He is a politician.

Last edited by spanish_lawyer; Apr 8th 2010 at 11:53 am.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol, my reply in blue:

¡hola S_L!
Is there a copy to view of the "Plan Parcial...Puente Esuri" referred to in the copy of the Bank Guarantees? Ufff. It´s different. There are several rules: Normas Subsidiarias, Plan Parcial, Proyecto de urbanización…Is this "plan" divided into 3 stages of completion to coincide with the 3 bank guarantee expiry dates ranging from 2010 to 2011?
Has the Ayuntamiento received "in part" officially any of Puente Esuri?The Town Hall has received provisional (not definitive) some work.
What can a small group of people do to influence the mayor?. I do not know… but if they can vote… What would you say to the mayor? How about for starters: "Please explain what is going on?". If you ask it, he will talk about an hour and in the end you're going to think: what he said?. He is a politician.
I had to laugh at the last bit re: politicians. We have it here with the election on the 6th May.
With John's permission, I'll try to start a new thread about the 3 BGs (No, not the "Staying Alive" boys!)
So, please no one post on this thread unless it is to do with the original topic: the inaugural meeting of the RA.
Got it? ¿Estamos de acuerdo? Vaya tela...
Old Apr 8th 2010, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Carol&John;8481284]I had to laugh at the last bit re: politicians. We have it here with the election on the 6th May.
With John's permission, I'll try to start a new thread about the 3 BGs (No, not the "Staying Alive" boys!)
So, please no one post on this thread unless it is to do with the original topic: the inaugural meeting of the RA.
Got it? ¿Estamos de acuerdo? Vaya tela... QUOTE]

Ah!!- The next elections is on 21th May (last Sunday in May).

Last edited by spanish_lawyer; Apr 8th 2010 at 12:16 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Seville, again. But on Saturday I spent a few hours in Huelva/Ayamonte. I love Easter. My understanding is that the proyecto de urbanización includes hotels, commercials centre, etc. A year ago I saw the proyecto de urbanización (it's huge). I posted about it: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=341

http://www.martinsafadesa.com/index....on&i=55&pais=3

MF sold plots to individuals and developers (Tasa, Prycolar –Sea & Sun, etc). The rest must build it.

I can write the letter but would need to know: 1) what would you have write (everyone has an opinion), 2) who will sign the letter (it is need an address for reply).

With regard to the Residents Association: Last 25th March, was signed a "acta fundacional" of the Association?, who shall be the President, Secretary, etc?. I wonder why if it has formed an association can be signed by the President (representing the Association). Problem: only members may request information from the EUC (not long term renters).
I don't think Tasa were part of the original planning approval they were separate at the end.

You can use my address and I would be happy to sign and we could follow Carols advice and say what is going on why cannot you Mr Mayor claim the BG and can we meet to discuss this as civilised people do.

As regards the RA the decision was made to form the association but we did not elect officers on the night and we will hold a second meeting towards the end of April to do that and approve the statutes. It is strictly one man one vote so come along and support us you may even get elected President!

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Apr 8th 2010 at 12:24 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[quote=spanish_lawyer;8481289]
I had to laugh at the last bit re: politicians. We have it here with the election on the 6th May.
Got it? ¿Estamos de acuerdo? Vaya tela... QUOTE]

Ah!!- The next elections is on 21th May (last Sunday in May).
What are they for?
Old Apr 9th 2010, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

I don't think Tasa were part of the original planning approval they were separate at the end.

You can use my address and I would be happy to sign and we could follow Carols advice and say what is going on why cannot you Mr Mayor claim the BG and can we meet to discuss this as civilised people do.

As regards the RA the decision was made to form the association but we did not elect officers on the night and we will hold a second meeting towards the end of April to do that and approve the statutes. It is strictly one man one vote so come along and support us you may even get elected President!
John, that Carol will not be angry I write in reply to the new thread.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hola SL

Have been giving some thought as to why the Mayor would not want to act against MF to recover BG monies that the Ayuntamiento are entitled to and setting aside the obvious (stupidity or corruption) I began to wonder why there was not just one overall BG for the site. I know they cost money so it makes sense for MF to spread their cost and take them in phases so I concluded they may be tied to specific items such as roads, sewers, water supply or the viaduct into the urbanisation. To examine this latter item the viaduct was very late and scare stories said it had sunk by 1m during construction but of course it was all fine in the end and the recent rain has proved a) It was necessary and b) that it is a pretty good and looks well finished. so if that item is the one that the first to expire BG is set against there would be no claim.

How can we find out more?
Very good post John. I have been trying to ask this for a long time. What are the actual detailed terms of the BGs. A lot of heat has been generated over these BGs (even someone suggesting that the Mayor is kneecapped). As you say I cannot beleive that the Mayor is stupid or so overtly corrupt. This size of issue could not be incompetence or cock-up so there must be an underlying reason. You may have put your finger on it. It also shows the core reason why there is so much heat - poor communication from the EUC!. Why could someone not explain? I would have thought that Steve T should have a good view - are you in touch?
Old Apr 10th 2010, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Very good post John. I have been trying to ask this for a long time. What are the actual detailed terms of the BGs. A lot of heat has been generated over these BGs (even someone suggesting that the Mayor is kneecapped). As you say I cannot beleive that the Mayor is stupid or so overtly corrupt. This size of issue could not be incompetence or cock-up so there must be an underlying reason. You may have put your finger on it. It also shows the core reason why there is so much heat - poor communication from the EUC!. Why could someone not explain? I would have thought that Steve T should have a good view - are you in touch?
Sorry Mike but I have to slightly disagree the actions of the Mayor have been naive at best but definitly outside EU contracting laws and could have been corrupt. His use of his own company to run the administration of the EUC was in my view asking for trouble and he has had plenty from local and National press. Under EU law it should have been put out to tender and the lowest compliant returned tender accepted. I am certain that this was not done nor does it seem to be done for community or intercommunity contracts. It is this company that does not communicate nor does it comply with the statutes of the EUC and prepare published audited accounts and minutes of meetings.

Has anyone seen in either Spanish or English a copy of the minutes of the AGM I doubt it but we are paying L & G many tens of thousands of Euro to do these things.

Manwhile Steve has at his own cost in time and effort produced a resume of what was said in both English and Spanish and circulated it to those whose email address he has. A big thank is owed to both Steve and his wife for their efforts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.