Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Impresiones Gigantes!

Impresiones Gigantes!

Old Apr 8th 2012, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Impresiones Gigantes!

Hello all

Not dropped in here for some time. I'd like to tell you all about my latest art/charity fundraising project.

www.impresionesgigantes.com

Is an International collective of good people making huge lino cuts for prints to auction for charity (some we will sell for our own good causes). We need to find a few generous sponsors to get the ball rolling, but from there, much cash should go to very good homes.

We're planning an auction day for the printing event in Granada. Dates to be confirmed. I'll post further details here as and when. In the meantime, you can follow the blog

Despite crisis, Spain is still working for this scruffshyster artist. Hope all is good for everyone else.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 5:57 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Impresiones Gigantes!

Always good to hear from the LostPhotographer!
You put some of us to shame with your constant work for charities - well myself at least.
If you need help in publicising this eg on Twitter, just give us the word and relevant links..
Old Apr 8th 2012, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Always good to hear from the LostPhotographer!
You put some of us to shame with your constant work for charities - well myself at least.
If you need help in publicising this eg on Twitter, just give us the word and relevant links..
Obviously, the more people who know the better.

The charity thing helps us artists also. Few of us would be able to claim our work sells at such good prices if the buyers weren't paying charity! It's good for everyone.

Web links will be good. I'm presenting to a local company on Tuesday for a bit of help to cover the €3,000 we need to make it happen properly. Good publicity guaranteed in papers and TV

So far we have artists representing England, Ireland, Argentina, Germany, Italy, Romania and Spain. Nice mix!
Old May 25th 2012, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Thread resurrection!

Saturday, June 2nd - all day from 9am. Paseo del Salon, Granada.

We're all go. Fantastic local support and lots of interest. We are all nervous about how it will go, but it all looks good. The head of Art & Culture here loves it and has been very helpful. We have been given a road roller for free for the day.

17 international artists cutting and printing giant lino prints. Some of the work is already looking amazing. Very varied. Anybody can come along on the day and get involved, place a blind bid, or simply view the resulting prints which will be exhibited in the bandstand.

Anyone who is interested, but can't make it can follow progress and place bids on the website http://www.impresionesgigantes.com

I'm spending next week trying to generate publicity. If anyone here has contacts with expat press please let me know. Four of the people involved are ex UK residents.

We're rasing money for a local organisation that collects and distributes free food. They're helping us on the day in return for all that the auction raises.

Anyone can call me on 689 744 929 if they can help publicise and want more info'.

I'm having real fun with this project. It's very nice work. Shame nobody is paying me

Last edited by TheLostPhotographer; May 25th 2012 at 2:35 am.
Old May 25th 2012, 7:24 am
RQM
Forum Regular

RQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really nice

Not sure what to expect when I clicked the link but these are magnificent, such talented people
Old May 26th 2012, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pearls
Not sure what to expect when I clicked the link but these are magnificent, such talented people
Highly talented indeed, and a very lovely bunch with it.

This looks to be a very unique event in Spain. Hopefully it will raise good money for a good cause also. It could go further. Granada is apparently the printing capital of Spain with more presses than any other city.

Brian (who is maintaining the blog) is pretty much the captain and instigator. He's put in a huge effort. We all have. It's going to be fun!

17 artists V 1 roadroller
Old Apr 18th 2013, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

An update for anyone interested, or living in the Granada area.

Impresiones Gigantes Nº2 is well underway. Last years event was a great success. This year should be better.

Keep an eye on the blog for latest details www.impresionesgigantes.com

An exhibition of prints from last year will take place from May 7th at Colegio de Arcitectos, Plaza San Augustin, Granada. The prints from last years event will be sold for charity (a local food bank). There will also be prints from a collective of international artists offered for sale.

This years printing event will take place May 25th on Paseo de Salon, Granada. We're hiring a road roller for the day again. Local support once again has been fantastic. A fun day where anyone can get involved. More money being raised for good causes.

Any help on the publicity front will be greatly appreciated. If you happen to be in Granada for the exhibition please drop by. If you can visit us the 25th of May for the main printing event, even better. Please help spread the news.

Thanks.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

This is my print from last year. 2 Meters x 1 Meter approx'. One of only 3 to be offered for sale. The exhibition print is on linen. All money to go to the local food bank. Hopefully online offers will be enabled somehow also.