Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

importing a car from spain to portugal

importing a car from spain to portugal

Old Feb 4th 2010, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold
Default importing a car from spain to portugal

A British friend of mine is trying to import his car from Spain to Portugal. He previously was a resident in Spain and now lives here in Portugal. He is having problems arranging a document to prove he has given up permanently his residency in Spain.

Does anyone know where he should get this from.... better still does anyone have a draft of what this letter/document should look like??

Any help greatly appreciated, Ged

p.s the idea is not to pay the I.A (imposto automovel
Old Feb 4th 2010, 3:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: importing a car from spain to portugal

Originally Posted by gedscottish
A British friend of mine is trying to import his car from Spain to Portugal. He previously was a resident in Spain and now lives here in Portugal. He is having problems arranging a document to prove he has given up permanently his residency in Spain.

Does anyone know where he should get this from.... better still does anyone have a draft of what this letter/document should look like??

Any help greatly appreciated, Ged

p.s the idea is not to pay the I.A (imposto automovel
Ged have a look at post 12 on the Sending Irish money through the post thread, it may help.

Last edited by jdr; Feb 4th 2010 at 3:58 pm.