Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Important - Advanced Passenger Information

Important - Advanced Passenger Information

Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Important - Advanced Passenger Information

Spain have been the first to implement the new European Directive for Advanced Passenger Information (API). As from tomorrow - 19th September - anyone travelling to Spain or it's islands needs to submit DOB and passport information in order to be allowed fly. This can be done online or by phone but is bound to cause hold-ups at check-in.

When booking in future this data will be requested with the booking, but anyone already booked will need to supply it before they fly.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Important - Advanced Passenger Information

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
Spain have been the first to implement the new European Directive for Advanced Passenger Information (API). As from tomorrow - 19th September - anyone travelling to Spain or it's islands needs to submit DOB and passport information in order to be allowed fly. This can be done online or by phone but is bound to cause hold-ups at check-in.

When booking in future this data will be requested with the booking, but anyone already booked will need to supply it before they fly.
Yes Ive had to fill that in allready, flying out on Thurs AM, If there is hold Ups, Ill post back, Gutted really I have a Advance ticket and my partner has a bag to check in but on the same manifest so I ahve to quewe (misspelt) aswell,

Its gone completely from my head how to spell that ???
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Gutted really I have a Advance ticket and my partner has a bag to check in but on the same manifest so I ahve to quewe (misspelt) aswell,

Its gone completely from my head how to spell that ???
Same with us, we're flying tomorrow with no luggage.

... it's queue by the way.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

turtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really nice

Monarch have been "swiping" passports at check-in since 19 June - is this what you mean ?
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by turtlez
Monarch have been "swiping" passports at check-in since 19 June - is this what you mean ?
Possibly, but I think it only comes into force from tomorrow. I just got an email from Ryanair asking me to supply the info online. Thought it was a scam at first.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

About 3 weeks ago, I booked a flight for my Mum on Easyjet - to travel from the UK to Spain.
She had to supply her passport info there and then, so maybe Easyjet were a bit ahead or something?

When this was introduced for flights to the UK (in ? December last year) the airlines sent e-mails to all passengers, requesting this passport info in advance.
I didn't experience any delays with the checking-in process at that time, so hopefully it will all run smoothly for you peeps too
Old Sep 18th 2007, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

I booked flights to Seville a couple of weeks ago to flt on 30 Sep thru Ryanair and no mention of API when going thru booking process online.I have not recieved an email as yet from Ryanair asking for info ,so prompted by
Ragomuffins thread ,I went back in Ryanair website and and clicked on API
icon and filled in details online. Think Ryanair should include this when doing booking process.
And thanks to Ragomuffin for info ,probably saved me from a full body search,
(rubber glove etc) at airport.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
About 3 weeks ago, I booked a flight for my Mum on Easyjet - to travel from the UK to Spain.
She had to supply her passport info there and then, so maybe Easyjet were a bit ahead or something?

When this was introduced for flights to the UK (in ? December last year) the airlines sent e-mails to all passengers, requesting this passport info in advance.
I didn't experience any delays with the checking-in process at that time, so hopefully it will all run smoothly for you peeps too
Easyjet brought it in June - had to do the necessary when my Mum came to visit.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Same here, had to enter extra passport info for friends and family coming out during summer with easyjet
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:54 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

It's old news. It came into force 3 months ago.

Look here http://tinyurl.com/33hodm
Old Sep 19th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fred James

May be old news Fred. But is seems quite a few people, including myself, were unaware of it.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

bick40 is on a distinguished road

Any idea what happens if you fly into Gibraltar and then cross over to La Linea? Is it purely for flights and not for those arriving by foot or car?
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bick40
Any idea what happens if you fly into Gibraltar and then cross over to La Linea? Is it purely for flights and not for those arriving by foot or car?
Who ever issues you the ticket will tell you what they need.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:44 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James

Ryanair are only just now asking for it, they must have waited till it actually came in, there is a notice on thier website, and we have had to let family know as some are coming out in October.