Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Immigration into Spain, attempt no 2

Immigration into Spain, attempt no 2

Old Apr 18th 2010, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of
Default Re: Immigration into Spain, attempt no 2

[QUOTE=TheLostPhotographer;8505244]My emial inbox was littered this morning

For all of you moaning about East Europeans, South Americans etc...

Who sold you your house that is now worth about 50% of what you paid? Who put you in touch with all the people you needed to pay?

I'll bet that in 90% of cases you all trusted English agents. Now you blame anyone else for your own stupidity.

If you were stupid enough to immigrate and buy without learning the language, then it is your own fault. You can't blame other immigrants for your own idiocity.

Wrong I bought directly from Spanish no agents or lawyers and my house is worth 4 times what I paid for it and I am not selling it. It pays to learn the language and I love immigrants after all I'm one myself
Old Apr 18th 2010, 5:29 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

I know quite a few Estonians. The Russians I've not really mixed with. The Estonians are really cool. They all had funny names and strangely enough not one of them was their real name. They're quite hard, blunt and nice. (As long as they like you and you don't piss them off). They liked me and I never did annoy them.

EDIT: I actually don't know any Russians I don't think.. Can't say I've met one over here.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
It is quite simple really, everyone gravitates to what the know, so that is why Brits, Germans etc, seek out their own for business and pleasure.

There is no language barrier, and they should share a "mindset" for the most part.

I am sure that Russians have been shafted by other Russians, Norwegians, by other Norwegian, and so on.
I dont know why you are so het up about it.
See post Number 1.

The thing that sickens me is that immigrants from the UK don't appreciate that they actually immigrants. They apply a label to anyone they see as 'foreign' without understanding that they are actually foriegn also.

Simple as that really.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elspeth sinclair

Wrong I bought directly from Spanish no agents or lawyers and my house is worth 4 times what I paid for it and I am not selling it. It pays to learn the language and I love immigrants after all I'm one myself

So, I'm right then?
Old Apr 18th 2010, 5:33 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

If everyone had to learn the language before moving to, and buying a property in a foreign country, the world would come to a stop.

We moved to a new country with not a word of the language between us, we did not get ripped off by either Spanish or British people.

Maybe you or someone you know has just been unlucky.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TheLostPhotographer
So, I'm right then?
Of course you are. Your not Scottish by any chance?
Old Apr 18th 2010, 5:35 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

See post Number 1.

The thing that sickens me is that immigrants from the UK don't appreciate that they actually immigrants. They apply a label to anyone they see as 'foreign' without understanding that they are actually foriegn also.

Simple as that really.
All the Brits I associate with, know they are in a foreign country, I dont see your point.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 5:36 pm
Banned

Of course you are. Your not Scottish by any chance?
Elspeth, you seem like a fiery Celt, you could start the "Immigration to Spain attempt no 3" after this one gets closed down......
Old Apr 18th 2010, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

All the Brits I associate with, know they are in a foreign country, I dont see your point.
Of course you don't. You never will. You're a little bit dumb
Old Apr 18th 2010, 5:38 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

See post Number 1.

Simple as that really.
Why does it sicken you? You are labeling people now.. That sickens me. You're labeling us all as stupid immigrants. Tut tut..

Would I buy a house off you?
Old Apr 18th 2010, 5:38 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
I know quite a few Estonians. The Russians I've not really mixed with. The Estonians are really cool. They all had funny names and strangely enough not one of them was their real name. They're quite hard, blunt and nice. (As long as they like you and you don't piss them off). They liked me and I never did annoy them.

EDIT: I actually don't know any Russians I don't think.. Can't say I've met one over here.
They are easy to spot, all called IVAN.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Only when they can't see 'Coronation Street' and can't get their English grub.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 5:40 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
Why does it sicken you? You are labeling people now.. That sickens me. You're labeling us all as stupid immigrants. Tut tut..

Would I buy a house off you?
Is he selling one?, maybe thats it, he is an estate agent, and HONEST ONE.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 5:42 pm
Banned

Only when they can't see 'Coronation Street' and can't get their English grub.
My wife will not consider a life without Corrieor the others Holby etc, and I would be in a deep pit of depression if I could not get my fix of English grub when needed.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 5:44 pm
HOODIE

Is he selling one?, maybe thats it, he is an estate agent, and HONEST ONE.
Oh, how wonderful. I've never met an honest one before. The only ones I know are British.

(Joke)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.