Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Immigrants pay €50 per month to live in a chicken shed!

Immigrants pay €50 per month to live in a chicken shed!

Old Jun 11th 2013, 5:27 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Immigrants pay €50 per month to live in a chicken shed!

Illegal immigrants charged €50 per month to live in an ex-chicken shed where toxic products were stored. No water etc.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2013/0...370950517.html
Old Jun 11th 2013, 6:02 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigrants pay €50 per month to live in a chicken shed!

That's cheap. Chicken sheds here go for €75 or more.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Illegal immigrants charged €50 per month to live in an ex-chicken shed where toxic products were stored. No water etc.

Nothing new unfortunately, the conditions that the immigrants working in the plastic tunnels live in is as bad, if not worse. Old packing cases, cardboard boxes, I don't know how they get away with it.
http://periodismohumano.com/migracio...espanol-i.html
Old Jun 11th 2013, 11:00 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

as others say - nothing new

regrettably I was families living in packing cases, drinking out of a baked bean can when I was a teenager on my first Far East tour.

it hasnt changed

now what was all fuss about WFA and a mother living in a 6 bedroom house getting £32,000 a year in benefits
Old Jun 12th 2013, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo

This is very sad indeed.
As Gandhi said "Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed."
Old Jun 12th 2013, 12:53 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
as others say - nothing new

regrettably I was families living in packing cases, drinking out of a baked bean can when I was a teenager on my first Far East tour.

it hasnt changed

now what was all fuss about WFA and a mother living in a 6 bedroom house getting £32,000 a year in benefits
Exactly the point of my usual rants. We are so spoiled rotten, yet we complain incessantly about what we don't get. Our expensive so-called "welfare" system benefits us far more than it benefits those who actually need it..

And we wonder why...

Last edited by amideislas; Jun 12th 2013 at 1:19 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 3:27 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Exactly the point of my usual rants. We are so spoiled rotten, yet we complain incessantly about what we don't get. Our expensive so-called "welfare" system benefits us far more than it benefits those who actually need it..

And we wonder why...
I know what you are saying - but the majority of people actually don't get a penny in benefits, rebates, etc etc. All they have to look forward to is a BOGOFF down the supermarket.

There are those who really do need the benefits due to infirmity/disability - and I am more than aware that isn't just physical disability.
As there are those who act as carers for those above for little or no payment and think it is wrong to take money "out of the system".

But there are those who desperately need the help and don't get a look in - especially if they got less than 15 points on the 28 page form they are told to fill in. I know, I filled it in and found that it is impossible to get 15 points even if you are in a wheel chair but have taught yourself to be self sufficient.
The only way to get 15+ points is to be mentally retarded and have no limbs or movement of limbs. But they knock off points if you have a relative to call in and see you a couple of times a day.

Illegal immigrants go to better off countries out of desperation, they also blur the picture by destroying their documents and claiming they come from a third country that may lead to them being better thought of. But there is (nearly always) someone somewhere who will take advantage of their situation, better to be living in a wooden crate in the UK than a cardboard box back home.

Meanwhile the UK's hospital waiting lists get longer because of immigrants that were not factored into the staffing requirements. And housing lists get longer because of having to provide homes that are not due to be built for another 5/10 years according to the population growth plan.

Yes at times benefits seem to be given to the wrong people, but when it is a "universal" benefit/credit then it becomes difficult to draw a line, even a very grey or wobbly line.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by amideislas

And we wonder why...
Agreed. (i love your posts, but it wont let me rep you) That's why they should do away with things like WFA for those that don't need it, ie everybody who isn't on benefits.

They can invest anything left over to police the benefits system a bit more to make sure recipients are genuinely in need.

You sound really prejudiced against immigrants (how do you know they are illegal?) in the UK Dom, is that why you immigrated to Spain ? Immigration is part of globalisation it happens everywhere.

Last edited by jennieJ; Jun 12th 2013 at 4:58 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by jennieJ
Agreed. (i love your posts, but it wont let me rep you) That's why they should do away with things like WFA for those that don't need it, ie everybody who isn't on benefits.

They can invest anything left over to police the benefits system a bit more to make sure recipients are genuinely in need.

You sound really prejudiced against immigrants (how do you know they are illegal?) in the UK Dom, is that why you immigrated to Spain ? Immigration is part of globalisation it happens everywhere.
Jennie, I have been "planning Spain" for 10+ years so nothing to do with immigrants. And as to being an immigrant myself (as I emigrated from the UK) - I am totally self dependent and don't expect (or receive) a cent from the Spanish system, whilst spending my money for the benefit of Spain.

And yes Immigration is part of "globalisation" and yes it does happen everywhere. Usually at more sedate rates than the high levels seen in the UK.
And I have lived in a city that has a high immigrant population, the name of which is written down on pieces of paper held by illegals that are regularly found in lorries or being dropped off just outside the city.