Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Im going to make it work if it kills me

Im going to make it work if it kills me

Old Dec 30th 2008, 12:25 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Im going to make it work if it kills me

Originally Posted by crispy

do you think we might get in trouble for just posting smilies?
Old Dec 30th 2008, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of

Good luck.

We have been here 10 years now and unfortunately we are ready to move back to the UK.
You have a trade so it could come in useful for you if you have a bit of financial backup to perhaps start up and small business,(not easy mind!!) plus an added bonus is that you are renting cheap.
I do know people who do the same type of work as you however they are not flushed with a lot of business and I know they do work extremely hard for little return however if you build up some good feedback then you could do ok.A lot of the ones I know are only getting scraps of work and Iam living in Benidorm so up here there are a lot of brits.

You do have a great attitude with wanting to learn spanish which helps a lot of course and if you are gonna do everything you can to make it work then thats a bonus too because over here if you do want the best things in life and not live on the breadline then that is what you are going to have to do.

Word of advise though. Dont come here thinking it will be the easy life because it aint. You have the weather as an advantage but dont take anything else for granted especially when you see expats on tv(place in the sun etc) loving it over here. I know many many people who have packed up and gone back to the uk within a few years when the novilty wears off and they have taken their rose tinted specs off, usually with less money then what they came out here with. For what the uk is, the pay over in Blightly is much better and things over in Spain are not cheap anymore.

My advise is to hold on til things globally definately picks up.

Last edited by spainboy; Dec 30th 2008 at 2:37 pm.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
<snip> any resulting story could be so much garbage.....
Originally Posted by bluenose27
whats wrong with that fionamw? thats what sells, maybe we could be on to something- what do you do now if you dont mind me asking?

What I do now is childcare, gardening, mum taxi-ing, flight booking, OH management, posting on BE.....in fact it's apparent to all who know me well I've either got advanced alzheimer's or I need to get back to work! An indication is that it took at least six miliseconds of taking offence before I twigged....

Back to your post, though - some valuable suggestions, and of course if you have various skillsets you're definitely better off. Good luck either way, and keep me in mind for La Papeleria!
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to all

great responses far better than i thought thankyou , i thought everyone would be slating the idea,oh well just goes to show not everyone is a rugbymatt ;-)
Old Dec 30th 2008, 6:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

great responses far better than i thought thankyou , i thought everyone would be slating the idea,oh well just goes to show not everyone is a rugbymatt ;-)
You shouldn`t slag him off, as I am sure he could give you valuable info on living in Spain. ;.)
Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to all

no your right im sure he could ,no slagging intended, i like constructive criticism thats all
Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

no your right im sure he could ,no slagging intended, i like constructive criticism thats all
Fair enough, but have a look at his contribution in the Free Beer thread at the top of the page. ;-)
Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:46 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

What I do now is posting on BE.....in fact it's apparent to all who know me well I've either got advanced alzheimer's or I need to get back to work! An indication is that it took at least six miliseconds of taking offence before I twigged....

Back to your post, though - some valuable suggestions, and of course if you have various skillsets you're definitely better off. Good luck either way, and keep me in mind for La Papeleria!
Originally Posted by lynnxa
she keeps her hand in by posting on here
Originally Posted by crispy
meow

see - told you so
Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:07 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Can you tell me exactly what I did towards you? I haven't even 'spoken" to you once.

Why don't you stop being a sheep and try using the brain that god gave you....
Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

i thought you would be here sooner? nothing you have done nothing, i admit i did put a few remarks but it means nothing ,im just putting my opinion out there as i have read many posts on this forum on how bloody hard it is to go make a life for ones self? baa baa
Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of

and back to the topic....................................
Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:27 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

i thought you would be here sooner? nothing you have done nothing, i admit i did put a few remarks but it means nothing ,im just putting my opinion out there as i have read many posts on this forum on how bloody hard it is to go make a life for ones self? baa baa
Of course I will be here, IF you have read any of my posts where I have a pop at people its because they assume that all I do on here is slag people off. I have lived in Spain and I know a little about the Spanish mind, but all people want to do is try and show me that they are going to "put me in my place".

Now since you are relatively new on here I will offer you the benefit of the doubt, but don't assume that all I have done is slag people off and attack people, and if you want my opinion there are some people on here who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, but for some reason people believe them.... just like the idiot who said that gardening would be a brilliant idea to make big bucks in Spain!
Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:28 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by spainboy
and back to the topic....................................
What exactly is the topic?
Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
see - told you so
Hhmm.......ooh Lynn and I thought it was only subs who had the power to misquote after a journo had produced accurate copy......
Old Dec 31st 2008, 4:24 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Hhmm.......ooh Lynn and I thought it was only subs who had the power to misquote after a journo had produced accurate copy......

see - you learn something every day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.