Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Im getting ripped off with wages. Legal advice

Im getting ripped off with wages. Legal advice

Old Feb 4th 2010, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of
Default Im getting ripped off with wages. Legal advice

I work in a hotel. Im getting ripped off at work big time at the moment. My contract was renewed in Jan and they paid me my finiquito but apparently forgot to add on my unused holidays so that was 600 euros short. Secondly the finiquito hasnt even gone into my bank because apparently they missed it so everyone got theirs about the 24th Jan, I still havent got anything.
Today I went onto my online banking and my normal monthly wage is 250 short of what it should be so not only do they owe me this finiquito they have paid me short this month.!!!!
There is a woman at work whos in the reception who is in the 'syndicato' whatever that is? Is that some sort of union?
What do I do with subtle steps to threaten them and what can receptionist in the syndicato do?
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Im getting ripped off with wages. Legal advice

The sindicato is the union.

Perhaps the woman in reception can get you advice from the union but unless you are a member they won't represent you, you need a lawyer.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of

Really? So your saying unless IM a member then the receptionist cannot help me? Are you sure? I thought the Union was a representitive for the work place!!!
Definately correct on that are you?
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainboy
Really? So your saying unless IM a member then the receptionist cannot help me? Are you sure? I thought the Union was a representitive for the work place!!!
That's how all unions work. You pay a small fee out of your wage packet each month to be a member. Its something you opt into.

Yes you need a lawyer or to go and denounce them.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:14 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cricketman
That's how all unions work. You pay a small fee out of your wage packet each month to be a member. Its something you opt into.

Yes you need a lawyer or to go and denounce them.
You have to be an individual member. I joined the U.G.T. last year. Not very expensive but handy if you ever need their lawers.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

SO how would I go about doing that? Is this something I can do now for stuff thats owed to me from last month? Can the receptionist get me to join.? I knew one girl ages ago that paid something like 7 euros a month.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

If your worklace has a Comité de Empresa, then the union will offer you advice, but no, they will not represent you. Yes I am sure of that. That is why people pay union fees.

You can sign up for either of the big unions online. Google UGT or CCOO. However it may be that they will require a mimimum membership period before they will offer free legal representation. That is to prevent people signing up purely to make use of their lawyers and then leaving again.

You may be better to engage the services of a lawyer yourself.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

SO how would I go about doing that? Is this something I can do now for stuff thats owed to me from last month? Can the receptionist get me to join.? I knew one girl ages ago that paid something like 7 euros a month.
Ask your work colleagues
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

HOw much roughly would a lawyer cost to sort all this out?
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

HOw much roughly would a lawyer cost to sort all this out?
I have no idea. Perhaps you should ask one. Many offer free first consultation.

On the other hand, if this woman in reception is actually the staff representative on the Comité, she can ask the union for advice on you behalf before you decide whether to proceed.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:33 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rachelk
I have no idea. Perhaps you should ask one. Many offer free first consultation.

On the other hand, if this woman in reception is actually the staff representative on the Comité, she can ask the union for advice on you behalf before you decide whether to proceed.
You are looking at about 1,000 euros before any lawer will take you on.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 4:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CBANDY
You are looking at about 1,000 euros before any lawer will take you on.
Don't they do "no win, no fee" there?
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Don't they do "no win, no fee" there?
That concept is unheard of here!
Old Feb 5th 2010, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

reggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud of

I work in a hotel. Im getting ripped off at work big time at the moment. My contract was renewed in Jan and they paid me my finiquito but apparently forgot to add on my unused holidays so that was 600 euros short. Secondly the finiquito hasnt even gone into my bank because apparently they missed it so everyone got theirs about the 24th Jan, I still havent got anything.
Today I went onto my online banking and my normal monthly wage is 250 short of what it should be so not only do they owe me this finiquito they have paid me short this month.!!!!
There is a woman at work whos in the reception who is in the 'syndicato' whatever that is? Is that some sort of union?
What do I do with subtle steps to threaten them and what can receptionist in the syndicato do?
Have you approached the management and asked them for an explanation?
Old Feb 5th 2010, 5:50 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Go to the court house and put an official denouncia, maybe when they recieve it they´ll sort things out quickly or you´ll just have to sit back and wait for the court. Have all your info ready when you go and ask advice from the courts official lawyers as to if you´ll be entitled to apply for a free lawyer, if you´re unemployed or on a low wage you´ll be able to apply for (and probably get) one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.