Reload this Page >

im a bit concerned

im a bit concerned

Old Apr 11th 2007, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

BigD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: im a bit concerned

Originally Posted by patch72
ivan and his rantings about how 'the bubbles going to burst ' in spain with property prices etc..

now i wanted to buy to rent as i think i could fill it the majority of the year.

so whats the crack should i hold out , are prices going up or down ?

im going to javea in july so i can see my 2 weeks are going to be filled up with 'patch's fact finding mission'
I don't think the bubble is going to burst.
We have been here since June 2004 and our property has increased about
12 % per year.
The only thing I will say is , there are a lot of new builds for rent. As long as this is not your only source of income then you have nothing to loose.
Off course this is only my opinion, but Javea is on the up and up , quite honestly I would doubt very much if property here in Javea,
(unlike some areas) would go down the way.
Good Luck
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:33 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigD
12 % per year.
The only thing I will say is , there are a lot of new builds for rent. As long as this is not your only source of income then you have nothing to loose.
Off course this is only my opinion, but Javea is on the up and up , quite honestly I would doubt very much if property here in Javea,
Good Luck
A Tough one this i think as was said location is the key !!

Did you watch "Selling Houses Abroad" yesterday ? Sounds to me some areas with that land grab happening is gonna be tough ?

So right location no problems, but certain areas well sooner you than me ..

I would look very closely at all the threads on here and research ...
Old Apr 12th 2007, 5:49 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigD
12 % per year.
Good Luck
Your property value has only increased if you want to sell & someone is willing to pay it..............there are properties still on the market since we've been here (2003), not getting sold, & yet the owners still increase the asking price every now & again because they have been told that is what it's 'worth'.

One urbanisation in Javea has only one couple actually living there.........all the rest are either used as holiday homes by the owners, or are used for holiday rental..............I am told the 'holiday rental' ones are empty except for maybe 6 weeks a year, if the owners are lucky!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 6:36 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
Your property value has only increased if you want to sell & someone is willing to pay it..............there are properties still on the market since we've been here (2003), not getting sold, & yet the owners still increase the asking price every now & again because they have been told that is what it's 'worth'.

One urbanisation in Javea has only one couple actually living there.........all the rest are either used as holiday homes by the owners, or are used for holiday rental..............I am told the 'holiday rental' ones are empty except for maybe 6 weeks a year, if the owners are lucky!
Exactly the same thing in the Malaga area also, they cant even make enough on the rentals to cover the mortgage.
There is sooo much competition on sales and rental, and right location is so important.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 7:01 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Exactly the same thing in the Malaga area also, they cant even make enough on the rentals to cover the mortgage.
There is sooo much competition on sales and rental, and right location is so important.
the urbanisation is one of the very best, within walking distance of the pueblo, puerto & the sandy beach
Old Apr 12th 2007, 7:34 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
the urbanisation is one of the very best, within walking distance of the pueblo, puerto & the sandy beach
Wow, I would of thought it would of been ok there then.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:49 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by jdr
Wow, I would of thought it would of been ok there then.
precisely...........so if it's a problem there, imagine what the urbanisation with views of mercadona's car park is like!

where I live, which is reputedly the 'best' urbanisation of it's kind in Javea (I rent, so no I'm not too biased!) there are at least 7 empty houses looking for long term rentals, and quite a few that have been on the market for at least the 15/16 months that we've been on te urb., one, despite the price being dropped several times!

I think they are just overpriced
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:58 am
Just Joined

gemmaholly is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jdr
It's been like that for 20 years though since we first moved to the Costa Del Sol. The rental market has always been sparse as so many people think it is an easy money ride. People think they will use it during the peak season as a holiday home and rent it out the rest of the year. Point being if you don't want it then then why would anyone else?

We've been being told the bottom would drop out of the market since before we bought our house. It never has. I honestly don't see it happening. There will always be expats willing to take a chance on the dream.

It is down to location though. Our family have no intention of selling our house and it hasn't been on the market since we bought. We get offers three or four times a year for more than we have had it valued at from people who just ring our doorbell. Why? Because it is in a good location with views that can't be ruined by building.

Don't buy for the sake of buying and honestly I wouldn't buy as an investment either. Buy because you love it and you want a home and you can't go wrong. If it just so happens you make some money out of it then it is a lovely bonus.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Hey jdr,
what If I was to buy a holiday home for cash in the area and rented it out at a lower than average price, would I make money or be wasting my time please?
Old Apr 20th 2007, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

culchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really nice

I read somewhere recently that the average time for the sale of a resale property is 3 years. I think, but couldn't swear, that the article was referring to the Costa Del Sol
Old Apr 20th 2007, 12:20 am
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by culchie
I read somewhere recently that the average time for the sale of a resale property is 3 years. I think, but couldn't swear, that the article was referring to the Costa Del Sol
3 years

Hmmmmm dont think thats right surely ?
Old Apr 20th 2007, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

culchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really nice

I know! I was gobsmacked which is why it stuck in my brain!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:15 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by culchie
I know! I was gobsmacked which is why it stuck in my brain!
I wouldn`t say the average, but I know people`s places been up for a couple of years, and some near us are still up for sale that were up for sale when we moved to this urbanization over 4 years ago.
In that time thousands more built and thousands still for sale, new and old.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:18 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

If you paid cash and rented at a reasonable rate you would make a decent living and still have a place at the end.
I will be your tenant, send over the money and I will get us somewhere nice. ;-)
Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:32 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
If you paid cash and rented at a reasonable rate you would make a decent living and still have a place at the end.
I will be your tenant, send over the money and I will get us somewhere nice. ;-)
nice try!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.