Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Illegal Immigration

Illegal Immigration

Old Apr 12th 2014, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute
Default Illegal Immigration

The leader of the Italian centre right party has said this week that there are between 300,000 and 600,000 individuals waiting on the N.African to enter EU by any means. Should we provide ferries for them so that there is no further loss of lives. 15K have already come to Italy this year, or should we tow the boats back to Libia or wherever and sink them as they beach?
M
Old Apr 12th 2014, 7:34 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Illegal Immigration

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
The leader of the Italian centre right party has said this week that there are between 300,000 and 600,000 individuals waiting on the N.African to enter EU by any means. Should we provide ferries for them so that there is no further loss of lives. 15K have already come to Italy this year, or should we tow the boats back to Libia or wherever and sink them as they beach?
M
Isn't this thread more appropriate to the Italian section?
Old Apr 12th 2014, 7:49 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Where's "Libia"?
Old Apr 12th 2014, 7:53 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Where's "Libia"?
Maybe the first 'i' should have been an 'a'
Old Apr 12th 2014, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe but with what is happening in Melilla and Ceuta, Certainly Italy gets the Syrian/Somali immigrants but the bulk is Sub Saharan and East African. This is a European problem that isn't going away and with the forced softening of the Spanish attitude there will be a shift here especially as the distances/risks involved are much smaller.
M

Rugbymatt
So I got a letter wrong should there be an "a" or a "y" ?
Old Apr 12th 2014, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Crossed in the post...
Old Apr 12th 2014, 7:57 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
Maybe but with what is happening in Melilla and Ceuta, Certainly Italy gets the Syrian/Somali immigrants but the bulk is Sub Saharan and East African. This is a European problem that isn't going away and with the forced softening of the Spanish attitude there will be a shift here especially as the distances/risks involved are much smaller.
M

Rugbymatt
So I got a letter wrong should there be an "a" or a "y" ?
Spain can accept as many as it likes, but please stop the bas*ards then coimg here to the UK. Moat countries would say the same, NIMBY.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 7:57 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I still wouldn't know where that was..... Ahem.....
Old Apr 12th 2014, 9:05 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Spain can accept as many as it likes, but please stop the bas*ards then coimg here to the UK. Moat countries would say the same, NIMBY.
thats the problem - you can't stop them going to the UK once they have been allowed to land on mainland Europe.

last year there were really emotive pictures of young (20-40) men (no women, no children) with placards demanding that Cameron let them in. This was at Lampedusa and Sangatte, which shows their intent.

The Channel managed to keep the Germans at bay, just not so sure at these people who will travel all the way across the Med and Europe to claim Asylum when arriving in the UK.
The UK needs to start reading on the measures that have been put in place by other EU countries which are effective.

But remember, that at the other end of the world Australia has its own similar problems. They put all their EyeEye's onto an island for processing, causing all sorts of problems with the fluffy bunnies and their Human Rights twaddle.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
thats the problem - you can't stop them going to the UK once they have been allowed to land on mainland Europe.

last year there were really emotive pictures of young (20-40) men (no women, no children) with placards demanding that Cameron let them in. This was at Lampedusa and Sangatte, which shows their intent.

The Channel managed to keep the Germans at bay, just not so sure at these people who will travel all the way across the Med and Europe to claim Asylum when arriving in the UK.
The UK needs to start reading on the measures that have been put in place by other EU countries which are effective.

But remember, that at the other end of the world Australia has its own similar problems. They put all their EyeEye's onto an island for processing, causing all sorts of problems with the fluffy bunnies and their Human Rights twaddle.
I always chuckle at the UK's pathetic attempt to act macho at ports and airports. You know, the big UK BORDER signs and warnings that no doubt send shivers down the spine of any potential wrongdoer.

The fact remains - the UK is an attractive proposition for anyone planning to claim benefits, immigrants and Brits alike. How stupid for the EU to allow freedom of residence before ensuring that all countries welfare systems are in sync.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 12:36 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Hey how did you get away with this

Some of us had a visit from the 3 stooges for milder posts than that....and I don't mean the Mods!

Last edited by jackytoo; Apr 12th 2014 at 12:44 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
[/B]

Some of us had a visit from the 3 stooges for milder posts than that.
I think the three stooges has increased in numbers the last year, must be five or six now surely!
They probably worry you as much as they do me, not that I read many of them.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 12:50 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I did think of another 2 as I clicked
Old Apr 12th 2014, 12:51 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

It is a serious issue, with 100, thousands of refugees from Syria, other conflicts and famines in Africa desperate to get into Europe.
Honestly unless the EU uses the miltary to close its borders in Southern Europe there is abolutley nothing anyone can do to prevent it.
Popularist politicians can rage against those in power but should even they be elected they will be just as helpless.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 12:53 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by jackytoo
[/B]

Some of us had a visit from the 3 stooges for milder posts than that....and I don't mean the Mods!
You're not the brightest bulb in the box are you Jacky?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.