Illegal House.

Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:25 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Illegal House.

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Out of interest - why is there no comeback on the lawyers that oversaw the purchase?

I take it they took a fee, I presume there is a burden of responsibility?

OK, so that is the funniest thing ever.

Can you imaging the problems involved in taking a lawyer to court?

The corruption is legalised in the UK.

Try getting planning permission now for a piece of land. The planners have the absolute right to mess you about, lie to you and waste your time and money hand over fist.

Then in some areas of the UK now the Valencian landgrab is now enforced whereby the planners get to take half your land, you get to pay for services to that part and the rest of your land is devalued as a result.

To be honest, if you buy in Spain you just have to accept that there is a risk. It ain't fair, and it ain't just, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if there was a bias against foreigners. That's the way things are anywhere.

The Spanish practice of 10% down and lose it if you pull out is brilliant compared to the UK system.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a press note for a meeting in Mojácar about illegal urbanisations.

Are you worried about the recent troubles in the Spanish property scene as they apply to northern Europeans? Are you concerned about those 'illegal' homes, demolitions, expropriations, 'land grabs', scams, frauds, illegal commissions, third-party mortgages and other property questions that have recently brought notoriety to Spain’s reputation? Does the apparent lack of justice, the total inertia in the judicial system and the evident disinterest of the government make you feel impotent?
In short, do we have any champions?
Charles Svoboda, ex diplomat, board member of Ciudadanos Europeos and spokesman, founder (together with his wife Lisa) and Vice-President for the influential Abusos Urbanisticos – No, is to give a talk at the Hotel Oasis Tropical (Marina de la Torre, Mojácar Playa) on Saturday 3rd May at 12 noon.
The introduction to Mr Svoboda will be made by Angel Medina, Vice mayor of Mojácar and President of the Ciudadanos Europeos de Mojácar, followed by Bob Preston, Secretary of AUAN, the Abusos Urbanisticos Almanzora – No and Helen Prior, owner of the property in Vera demolished unjustly by the Junta de Andalucía in January 2008. Lenox Napier will make the introductions and translations where necessary.
All are welcome to attend.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 4:55 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Damn straight.

I can promise you this, that if people with these problems don't stick together, act together and fight together, then you will assuredly all go under, one by one.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:39 am
Account Closed

CarolineW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bil

Try getting planning permission now for a piece of land. The planners have the absolute right to mess you about, lie to you and waste your time and money hand over fist.

Then in some areas of the UK now the Valencian landgrab is now enforced whereby the planners get to take half your land, you get to pay for services to that part and the rest of your land is devalued as a result.

The Spanish practice of 10% down and lose it if you pull out is brilliant compared to the UK system.

Evidence? Planners taking half someone's land?

Inceidentally something that is legal isn't corrupt.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:55 am
bil
Banned

Well, as it is happening to me at the moment, I'd say that would do.

I consider it corrupt in that this rule applies to only a small area of the country and not to everyone.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 12:30 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

To be honest, if you buy in Spain you just have to accept that there is a risk. It ain't fair, and it ain't just, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if there was a bias against foreigners. That's the way things are anywhere.

Huh? I used to work in Planning in the UK and haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Any minor anomalies thre might be in the British system pale into insignifucance compared to what is happening to our friends here
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:09 pm
bil
Banned

As I said, it applies to south cambs and a couple more areas only. It may be a minor anomaly to you, but it is pretty damn big to me, as that was my pension fund to enable me to retire early and help my kids a bit towards a deposit each.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:28 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what has happened to you - I wasn't referring to your particular case when I used the phrase a 'minor anomoly'.

Whatever it is I hope it gets sorted soon for you.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:39 pm
bil
Banned

Thanks for that. By rights I should have been in Spain a year ago, money in my pocket, the kids helped and not a care in the world.

As it is I will be here for at least another year, maybe two. Of course, if I don't get enough out, I will be stuck here for the next ten years till I can retire.

No government, UK or Spanish, should be able to strip away your assets when you are the legal owner, or have bought in good faith.
Old May 5th 2008, 1:00 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

I now know why you and john smiths are so different...........
Old May 5th 2008, 4:14 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I now know why you and john smiths are so different...........
Like that sentence makes sense.
Old May 5th 2008, 10:00 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Like that sentence makes sense.
but it does make sense, John Smiths isn't bitter.
Old May 5th 2008, 10:44 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
but it does make sense, John Smiths isn't bitter.
Either that should read

John Smith's isn't (a) bitter,

or

John Smiths aren't bitter.

It's all in the apostrophe. Proper English prevents misunderstandings!
Old May 5th 2008, 10:48 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by bil
Either that should read

John Smith's isn't (a) bitter,

or

John Smiths aren't bitter.

It's all in the apostrophe. Proper English prevents misunderstandings!
you are seriously hard work you know.
Old May 5th 2008, 11:03 pm
bil
Banned

I do my best!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.