Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Illegal British cars in Malaga.

Illegal British cars in Malaga.

Old Aug 13th 2012, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Illegal British cars in Malaga.

I had to fly back to the UK from Malaga a few weeeks ago. Having time to spare I had a look at the cars parked in the departure drop off area. There were 6 with UK plates. 5 had either no tax disc, or one which was out of date and only one was road legal. One of the cars with no tax disc was parked in the disabled area, but it was showing a current "blue" badge.
I thought that the traffico were getting tough with illegal cars?
Old Aug 13th 2012, 9:24 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Illegal British cars in Malaga.

Only if you believe the forums

Many of those UK cars seem to have been abandoned.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Only if you believe the forums

Many of those UK cars seem to have been abandoned.
Probably the people that have handed in the keys of their property (someone will tell me you can't do that!), dumped the motor and gone back to UK.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I donĀ“t think anyone gives a toss. Too many Brit cars around.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

dorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond repute

My friend came to pick me up at Alicante Airport, she was in the drop off zone for less than five minutes just to give me a shout, I had my disabled badge with me ,,, but she still got a fine.. the officer wasn't interested, a proper jobsworth.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 9:14 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dorishaslop
My friend came to pick me up at Alicante Airport, she was in the drop off zone for less than five minutes just to give me a shout, I had my disabled badge with me ,,, but she still got a fine.. the officer wasn't interested, a proper jobsworth.
I can understand the motivation.
how much is the fine?
Multiply that by say, 10000. How much money is that?
Easy peasy...
Old Aug 15th 2012, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
I can understand the motivation.
how much is the fine?
Multiply that by say, 10000. How much money is that?
Easy peasy...
No different to the UK. If you stop your car at the side of the road in Glasgow and keep the engine running you can be fined for polluting!