Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

If they knock them all down Marbella will be half empty.

If they knock them all down Marbella will be half empty.

Old Apr 5th 2009, 2:08 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default If they knock them all down Marbella will be half empty.

Looking for something else but found this HERE
Old Apr 5th 2009, 6:02 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice
Default Re: If they knock them all down Marbella will be half empty.

If only they would knock them down.

Then the C Del Sol could return to the beauty it once was.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 7:01 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, just had a read, only three are scheduled for demolition, out of about 30,000. The Junta says there should be 11, big deal. Have to say though even with all the illegals looks much better than the likes of Calahonda and Fuengirola. How does Benalmadena get away with building that ugly City on the wrong side of the Motorway, and who is daft enough to buy them!

Last edited by jackytoo; Apr 5th 2009 at 7:04 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 1:09 am
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

keep builder in work ....
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:47 am
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

Originally Posted by jackytoo
and who is daft enough to buy them!
That region has the highest expat community found anywhere in the world and is predominantly British.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:11 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livit
That region has the highest expat community found anywhere in the world and is predominantly British.
I don`t think so, dated information there, more than half the Brits have gone back to the U K like you.
There are just as many if not more Moros, Scandies, Dutch, German, East Euroean, Portugeezers, Chinese, Selengolese, etc, you name them and they are here.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:54 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Or half full, try and stay positive mate.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 10:23 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Official figure 30% foreigners. This includes Moroccans, Germans etc.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 2:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
I don`t think so, dated information there, more than half the Brits have gone back to the U K like you.
Britain is a foreign country for me.

I haven`t returned home for many years.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 2:41 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Britain is a foreign country for me.

I haven`t returned home for many years.
Home is where you hang your hat. ;-))
Where are you from then ?
Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:05 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Asking prices could fall by up to 40%

Asking prices could fall by as much as 40% for certain types of resale property argues a new report from the Network of Property Experts (Red de Expertos Inmobiliarios) . A fall in sales activity to “historic lows” of an average of 9,000 resale properties per month lies behind the downward pressure on prices . “Buyers have disappeared from the market,” says the report . “That pushes vendors into dropping their asking prices ; if in the past this was done with reductions of 2% to 3% , now the drop is around 30% to 40% .” the full report is on Mark Stucklin pages , reports off The number of Europeans buying second homes has dropped by 83 percent in two years in Alicante . loss of confidence in buying in the Valencia region with reports in the UK press on land law abuse and investigations by the European Parliament . The Alicante newspaper , Diario Información , quotes last year’s figure for Spain as a whole as 22% higher than those for the Costa Blanca .
report on Spanish Financial News by Jurdy
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:37 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
Home is where you hang your hat. ;-))
Where are you from then ?
Not sure

Born in Germany, parents worked for UK military.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:29 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Not sure

Born in Germany, parents worked for UK military.
If one or both of your parents are British then you are British by descent. ;-)
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
If one or both of your parents are British then you are British by descent. ;-)
Not quite right.
I'm the same as livit, although didn't see uk till I was 6.
My brother was born in Malaya, and couldn't get a passport from either country UK or MAlaya.
Took his M.P. to stand up and ask in H.O.P to get it sorted.....40 years after he (my brother that is ) was born!

Last edited by TheArmChairDetective; Apr 7th 2009 at 4:54 pm. Reason: speelling
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:15 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
Not quite right.
I'm the same as livit, although didn't see uk till I was 6.
My brother was born in Malaya, and couldn't get a passport from either country UK or MAlaya.
Took his M.P. to stand up and ask in H.O.P to get it sorted.....40 years after he (my brother that is ) was born!
So how come my grandkids born in Spain can get UK passports ?

Your brother was too old. HERE ;-))

Last edited by jdr; Apr 7th 2009 at 6:22 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.