Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ibiza ferry (car) information/url needed?

Ibiza ferry (car) information/url needed?

Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:14 am
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ibiza ferry (car) information/url needed?

Google has failed me miserably ;(

Got a 'rush job' on and need to in theory deliver a Lambo Gallardo to Ibiza by Sunday possibly Tuesday at the latest.

But I can't find any info about the Ferry system, what times, if it's running at all or on 'skeleton' times due to it being out of season?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: the shortest hop ferry from the mainland as possible as it will be quicker to drive than be stuck on a boat.

Last edited by zel; Apr 11th 2008 at 9:17 am.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:36 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ibiza ferry (car) information/url needed?

http://www.directferries.co.uk/denia_ibiza_ferry.htm
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:49 am
zel

Thanks mate, Tim Msn'ed me and just helped out..

Bloody expensive tho compared to Dover/Calais but i suppose they have bigger capacity and more sailings to make the money.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

buenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to all

My OH has asked me to mention that you will not get a Lambo Gallardo on the fast ferry from Denia because the ramp is too steep.
He says you may get it on the freighter but he wouldn't risk a car like that on the freighter. Assuming that you are going to drive it, of course.
Hope this helps.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by buenavista
My OH has asked me to mention that you will not get a Lambo Gallardo on the fast ferry from Denia because the ramp is too steep.
He says you may get it on the freighter but he wouldn't risk a car like that on the freighter. Assuming that you are going to drive it, of course.
Hope this helps.
Told him about that, he said that it would be ok, and is on his way for the boat tomorrow night!
May be worth a "you've been framed moment" with the camera!
Tim
Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

buenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to all

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Told him about that, he said that it would be ok, and is on his way for the boat tomorrow night!
May be worth a "you've been framed moment" with the camera!
Tim
Let us know when!!!!! We will be there camera in hand and will post on here so you can see it.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:09 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Let us know when!!!!! We will be there camera in hand and will post on here so you can see it.
He`s got a few scaffold boards tied on the top.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
He`s got a few scaffold boards tied on the top.
From what he said earlier, don't think you are far off!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

From what he said earlier, don't think you are far off!
He done it on the other one he took. ;-))
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:04 am
zel

Originally Posted by jdr
He done it on the other one he took. ;-))
Greetings from the car!

I took a leisurely pace and just near the borders of Spain, sitting in the car after having some breakfast, refueling and replying to some emails!

Weather is looking a bit dodgy at the moment, blackish sky so that doesn't look good! hope the crossing isn't cancelled, but alas I have a backup plan involving Tim and a pub!

Thanks for the warning with the Ferry but since I've got stuck before I'm a proper boy scout and have some bits of wood with me, that and the Gallardo thankfully has adjustable suspension I should be ok! (Famous last words!)

Didn't even need the wood to get on/off the Dover ferry which was a bonus I wasn't expecting!

Last edited by zel; Apr 12th 2008 at 9:06 am.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by zel
Greetings from the car!

I took a leisurely pace and just near the borders of Spain, sitting in the car after having some breakfast, refueling and replying to some emails!

Weather is looking a bit dodgy at the moment, blackish sky so that doesn't look good! hope the crossing isn't cancelled, but alas I have a backup plan involving Tim and a pub!

Thanks for the warning with the Ferry but since I've got stuck before I'm a proper boy scout and have some bits of wood with me, that and the Gallardo thankfully has adjustable suspension I should be ok! (Famous last words!)

Didn't even need the wood to get on/off the Dover ferry which was a bonus I wasn't expecting!
Should be ok, forecast says "slight sea"!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Should be ok, forecast says "slight sea"!
According to the BBC, it will be 23 and sunny today in Denia. I wish I was there.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by montgomail
According to the BBC, it will be 23 and sunny today in Denia. I wish I was there.
Beautiful, clear, blue skies today and nice and sunny
Old Apr 12th 2008, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful, clear, blue skies today and nice and sunny
Lucky lucky you. The sun's out here in the UK but it's a bit fresh; I had my scarf on when I walked the dog at 8 oclock this morning.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 6:12 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

how did the trip over go zel?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.