British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   IBI Urban/TRSU/Cuota de Conservacion ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/ibi-urban-trsu-cuota-de-conservacion-932194/)

Ken and Tina Apr 13th 2020 1:11 pm

IBI Urban/TRSU/Cuota de Conservacion ?

Just contacted the wonderful Servicio de Gestion Tributaria office in Ayamonte, to just enquire if I had any outstanding invoices to pay......BIG mistake !!.
Seems I have a string of outstanding - IBI Urban/TRSU/Cuota de Conservacion bills i haven't paid, dating back to late 2016 :ohmy:.
I've got no problem paying what I owe, and am happy to do so, but do others have these same bills to pay on a bi-annual/annual basis........and do you pay them?.

Many thanks all, and stay safe.

keithBT Apr 13th 2020 7:48 pm

Re: IBI Urban/TRSU/Cuota de Conservacion ?

Wait a minute !! I think I'm right in saying that the IBI is like UK council tax ? What is TRSU ???? and what is Cuota de conservation ???? I'm fairly sure we pay another tax on Esuri twice yearly because it's unadopted by the council. Where does it end ???

guesswork Apr 14th 2020 6:52 am

Originally Posted by keithBT (Post 12838188)
Wait a minute !! I think I'm right in saying that the IBI is like UK council tax ? What is TRSU ???? and what is Cuota de conservation ???? I'm fairly sure we pay another tax on Esuri twice yearly because it's unadopted by the council. Where does it end ???

IBI is like UK Council Tax Annual. Pay by end September but the bills go out in June

:Cuota de Conservation is the EUC. Biannual

TRSU. Sorry never heard of it

My understanding is that if you dont pay ontime they add a penalty percentage

Ex Adeladie Apr 14th 2020 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Ken and Tina (Post 12838002)
Just contacted the wonderful Servicio de Gestion Tributaria office in Ayamonte, to just enquire if I had any outstanding invoices to pay......BIG mistake !!.
Seems I have a string of outstanding - IBI Urban/TRSU/Cuota de Conservacion bills i haven't paid, dating back to late 2016 :ohmy:.
I've got no problem paying what I owe, and am happy to do so, but do others have these same bills to pay on a bi-annual/annual basis........and do you pay them?.

Many thanks all, and stay safe.

IBI is council tax, Cuota/EUC is the Esuri specific additional council tax. TRSU is the charge for rubbish collection.

Yes, everyone pays these, if you don't pay as they become due you'll pay when you sell the property. It's worth noting that a 5% fine is applied even if you're a day late paying and the fines AND surcharges continue to be added to your balance.

I hope this helps.

Teed Up Apr 14th 2020 11:38 am

Yes pay the IBI yearly online-September normally.
Then the EUC twice a year also online-normally June-November.
Think the TRSU should be Tasa?,which is part of the IBI for the waste,

Not sure if everyone pays it but they should be?.

Ken.

Ken and Tina Apr 14th 2020 1:39 pm

Many thanks for the replies, I understand fully now.
As I said, i'm happy to pay these, but the frustrating part is, during a visit to the Ayamonte Tributaria office some time ago, the gentleman we spoke to there said he had set these up for a direct debit/standing order payment for us, but....clearly this hasn't happened, or my bank has stopped paying them, which wouldn't surprise me, as the bank stopped paying one of my standing orders before, which resulted in our water being cut off!!.
A lesson learned here and I will keep an eye on these payments and get them paid on time.

Dxf Apr 14th 2020 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by keithBT (Post 12838188)
Wait a minute !! I'm fairly sure we pay another tax on Esuri twice yearly because it's unadopted by the council. Where does it end ???

Hola

All new urbanisations pay a fee to be adopted by the Ayuntamiento; usually it is paid piecemeal until the completed urbanisation is at least ten years old whereupon it can apply to be adopted. It then pays a sum of money to the Ayuntamiento equal to the maintenance costs for the next ten years. It calculates this from meticulously kept records of what has needed to happen over the last ten years.

The above is theoretical as in practice, the Ayuntamiento can say "NO" for as long as they like (as I understand it). There can also be "variations on a theme" - best way is to submit enough people to form a political party, take over the Ayuntamiento and look favourably on your urbanisation. - Well that is one Spanish method LOL

Davexf

MikeJ Apr 15th 2020 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Dxf (Post 12838663)
Hola

All new urbanisations pay a fee to be adopted by the Ayuntamiento; usually it is paid piecemeal until the completed urbanisation is at least ten years old whereupon it can apply to be adopted. It then pays a sum of money to the Ayuntamiento equal to the maintenance costs for the next ten years. It calculates this from meticulously kept records of what has needed to happen over the last ten years.

The above is theoretical as in practice, the Ayuntamiento can say "NO" for as long as they like (as I understand it). There can also be "variations on a theme" - best way is to submit enough people to form a political party, take over the Ayuntamiento and look favourably on your urbanisation. - Well that is one Spanish method LOL

Davexf

In the case of Costa Esuri of course the developer went into administration before completion. Therefore the ayuntamiento was under no obligation adopt the urbanisation. Accordingly the Town Hall proposed to set up the Entity for Urbanisation Conservation (EUC) ie Maintenance company, to take responsibility for the maintenance of Costa Esuri. A meeting was convened and the officers of the board were (self) appointed which included representatives of the Town Hall (The Mayor) and the developer (Martinsa Fedesa) and 1 residents representative. Unfortunately this organisation, whilst legal, did not behave in an open and transparent fashion. This engendered mistrust and opposition from many residents - which seems to continue. It has taken a very long time and many arguments which is a characteristic of local negotiations :rofl:.to get where we are now. The EUC have appointed a management company which is attempting to collect all the debts and pay their sub-contractors who carry out the general maintenance of Costa Esuri.

Jon-Bxl Apr 17th 2020 7:07 am

Originally Posted by MikeJ (Post 12839033)
In the case of Costa Esuri of course the developer went into administration before completion. Therefore the ayuntamiento was under no obligation adopt the urbanisation. Accordingly the Town Hall proposed to set up the Entity for Urbanisation Conservation (EUC) ie Maintenance company, to take responsibility for the maintenance of Costa Esuri. A meeting was convened and the officers of the board were (self) appointed which included representatives of the Town Hall (The Mayor) and the developer (Martinsa Fedesa) and 1 residents representative. Unfortunately this organisation, whilst legal, did not behave in an open and transparent fashion. This engendered mistrust and opposition from many residents - which seems to continue. It has taken a very long time and many arguments which is a characteristic of local negotiations :rofl:.to get where we are now. The EUC have appointed a management company which is attempting to collect all the debts and pay their sub-contractors who carry out the general maintenance of Costa Esuri.

:goodpost:
There was also a large fund of money some millions that the developer had to pay. I forgot the amount about €4m... perhaps. This money has to be used for CE only, but of course the town hall control that. As they controlled the EUC from the start. It's a lot of money that they wanted to control!!

Does anybody know if that is being monitored and if it is being spent properly please? I'm sure the Residents Association are doing their best here, but curious about the latest status of that money, and if there is proper reporting of the amounts already spent.

Jon

guesswork Apr 17th 2020 7:46 am

Hi John
That is what has paid for the road repairs and tree removal and replanting. My understanding is that it can only be spent on Roads, Green areas and Improving water treatment. Whatever it all means

Jon-Bxl Apr 17th 2020 9:21 am

Originally Posted by guesswork (Post 12839929)
Hi John
That is what has paid for the road repairs and tree removal and replanting. My understanding is that it can only be spent on Roads, Green areas and Improving water treatment. Whatever it all means

Thanks GW, like you, I don't know what that means either! BTW are you saying that it's all been spent?

I'm curious about the transparency for past usage of the money, and the current state of the funds remaining (if any). Maybe asking for too much here!!

Jon

guesswork Apr 17th 2020 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl (Post 12839961)
Thanks GW, like you, I don't know what that means either! BTW are you saying that it's all been spent?

I'm curious about the transparency for past usage of the money, and the current state of the funds remaining (if any). Maybe asking for too much here!!

Jon

I don’t think it was all spent

Jon-Bxl Apr 18th 2020 12:42 am

Originally Posted by guesswork (Post 12839964)
I don’t think it was all spent

Like you, I don't think so either, I certainly hope not!

Since neither of us know about the usage, reporting or status of this really important fund, as per the original question, I'm hoping someone 'in the know' can explain.

Jon