Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

IBI ( council tax) collection

IBI ( council tax) collection

Old Oct 5th 2020, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IBI ( council tax) collection

I usually find that the IBI direct debit goes out of the bank account at the end of September each year. So far nothing taken this year ? Anyone else noticed the same or has the town hall collected yours ? Don't want to get penalised or hassled for non payment !! I am not aware of being able to check anything with the town hall online.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future
Default Re: IBI ( council tax) collection

Originally Posted by keithBT View Post
I usually find that the IBI direct debit goes out of the bank account at the end of September each year. So far nothing taken this year ? Anyone else noticed the same or has the town hall collected yours ? Don't want to get penalised or hassled for non payment !! I am not aware of being able to check anything with the town hall online.
Evening Keith
Have a look @ the Council Tax thread , one of the replies suggests the tax wont be taken until the end of November , ours hasn't been taken either
Chris
Old Oct 5th 2020, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Muchos gracias Chris !! I missed that one about November. looks good then. Thanks.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

magnus44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just the same for me.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

del.Almendro will become famous soon enoughdel.Almendro will become famous soon enough

The paper bills for IBI and tasas issued in Huelva both show payment due 20th November 2020, two months later than usual. I suspect the direct debits will also go out two months later than usual. I pay my bills online using a UK credit card, so have another two months to wait for a decent exchange rate to decide when to pay. Since 2006, when we started this lark, the GBP/EUR exchange rate can normally be relied upon to rocket in the days following payment!

Barrie
Taunton & sometimes El Almendro