Iberswitch

Old Jan 30th 2017, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Iberswitch

Anyone any experience of using the above company's service and if so what is your view?
I contacted them and provided electricity consumption information and received a response stating I could potentially save between 17% & 20% on my current bill.
Being a cynic I wonder what financial interest they may have in advising me to switch. Do they get commission from the other provider if I switch?
If so, I wonder if whatever information I provided I would always have been told I can save money if I switch because it's to their advantage for me to do so.
Thanks.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 3:35 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iberswitch

Don't go near them - it's a con. Prices are government controlled so all the companies charge more or less the same unless you are a large user. Most of their savings are made by switching you over to an off peak option which does save money with any of the companies, but you can do that yourself easily.

There was a previous thread here

http://britishexpats.com/forum/spain...switch-719442/
Old Jan 30th 2017, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fred James
Don't go near them - it's a con. Prices are government controlled so all the companies charge more or less the same unless you are a large user. Most of their savings are made by switching you over to an off peak option which does save money with any of the companies, but you can do that yourself easily.

There was a previous thread here

http://britishexpats.com/forum/spain...switch-719442/
Thanks Fred, much obliged.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

marcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the rough

This is interesting, Fred. I have recently noted a claim for a 20% saving by using totally green energy produced by a major solar resource organisation. The local company is EuropaEnergy based in Javea, which is probably just a distributor of the resource producer.
Would they be equally bound by national rates?
Old Jan 30th 2017, 9:16 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

All electricity in the controlled market is heavily subsidised by the government to keep the price down, just as they do with consumer gas bombonas.

About the only flexibility the companies have is on the monthly charges rather than the unit consumption price. They do offer some limited time reductions just to get new business. Iberswitch often use these initial discounts, together with changing you over to off peak tariffs to appear to give a discount, off which they take a big share.

Often the deals that the electricity companies offer is a percentage reduction off the normal charges but they fail to point out that the base price they use for the saving is significantly greater that the current price meaning that the saving doesn't really exist.

If you want to compare the various prices from different companies try this site.

https://comparadorofertasenergia.cnm...x.cfm?js=1&e=N

If you find a decent deal then change over yourself, you don't need a company to do it for you and take a large chunk of any savings.

I am in a different situation as I am a heavy user and cannot get the controlled rates, so I have to use the free market. The deals there are good, but overall prices are higher than the controlled market. I had no problem changing from Endesa to Iberdrola, just a few forms to sign.