Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

iberia airlines

iberia airlines

Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

MichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to all
Default iberia airlines

Without advertising the airline, i just wanted to ask a little question. Does anyone else know anything about the 50% residence card holders reduction that people get on flights within the spain area.

I was looking to fly from Malaga to Ibiza for one weekend ( once i had settled in malaga, got all my paperwork together, most importantly my residence card)

When i was looking at flight prices it said do you hold a spanish residence card.

When i ticked yes it deducted 50%

Anyone else used this xx
:
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iberia airlines

Originally Posted by MichaelandDawn
Without advertising the airline, i just wanted to ask a little question. Does anyone else know anything about the 50% residence card holders reduction that people get on flights within the spain area.

I was looking to fly from Malaga to Ibiza for one weekend ( once i had settled in malaga, got all my paperwork together, most importantly my residence card)

When i was looking at flight prices it said do you hold a spanish residence card.

When i ticked yes it deducted 50%

Anyone else used this xx
:
I have never heard of this before, what airline was it? don't see anything on Iberia.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:54 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

We fly a few times a year internally and have never heard of this. Can you point us to the place where you have read this, please?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

MichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to all

Go to the iberia website, and start "booking" a flight,from say malaga to somewhere else in te spanish islands ( ibiza, palma etc ) then when the prices come up on the second page, scroll right down to the bottom and you should see a tick box like this:-

[ ] I am a resident of the Balearic and I have a right to the resident's subsidy

remember the price it would have been b4

click this, and you get a 50% discount

xx
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

yep...just tried it again and it work ...half price come on !!!!

this is their T&C:-

What is the residency subsidy?

This is a 50% (from january 1st, 2007) discount on the cost of the regular air transport services, granted by the Spanish government. These discounts will be applied to Spanish citizens and citizens of other member states of the European Union or other States that are members of the European Economic Area, who can prove that they are resident in the Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, Ceuta or Melilla and who are travelling between their place of residency and any other part of Spanish national territory.
Those people that match the above definition will have to prove that they are residents by PRESENTING a Spanish I.D. Card (D.N.I.) or residency card for citizens of the European Union or of the European Economic Area, so long as it has not expired and bears the address that entitles them to the subsidy. Residents whose Spanish I.D. Card (D.N.I.). does not bear an address that entitles them to the subsidy, or minors that don't have an I.D. card, will need to present a current residency certificate from their local council.
Iberia is obliged to verify the identity of the beneficiary whose name figures on the ticket before boarding at check-in, using their personal documentation. This applies to each and every passenger with a subsidized ticket. Therefore it is essential that all beneficiaries that travel with a discount flight ticket bring with them a document that proves their identity, whether this is a Spanish identity card or residency card and, where necessary, the accreditative certification mentioned above
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

This discount is for residents of the islands, not the mainland.
It also applies to ferry services.
Tim

Last edited by valenciatim; Mar 19th 2008 at 9:08 am. Reason: added
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

oh balls!!

never mind xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

oh balls!!

When we first moved here, we fully intended to do the odd weekend trip from Valencia to Palma on the ferry. With the car, it worked out at something silly like £800 a time.!!! We haven't done it yet!
The flights though can be had very cheap as there are so many of them, many people commute daily from the islands for work!
Tim
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:48 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

oh balls!!

Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by valenciatim

When we first moved here, we fully intended to do the odd weekend trip from Valencia to Palma on the ferry. With the car, it worked out at something silly like £800 a time.!!! We haven't done it yet!
The flights though can be had very cheap as there are so many of them, many people commute daily from the islands for work!
Tim
iscomar from denia is meant to be a lot cheaper to the islands. i'd checked too a few years back and decided i'd rather go to mexico for the money they were asking