British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Iberdrola billing (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/iberdrola-billing-733496/)

Mitzyboy Sep 24th 2011 4:23 pm

Iberdrola billing

This must have passed me by at some point, but I was told yesterday that Iberdrola are only billing people for electricity here every 6 months. So all we get every month is a service charge bill, and we will get banged with a big bill after the 6 months instead of it being spread out

snikpoh Sep 24th 2011 4:42 pm

Re: Iberdrola billing

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 9639918)
This must have passed me by at some point, but I was told yesterday that Iberdrola are only billing people for electricity here every 6 months. So all we get every month is a service charge bill, and we will get banged with a big bill after the 6 months instead of it being spread out

I'm not far away from you and, for me, this is not the case.

I thought that by law, they had to bill every month? Iberdrola (in this area) have chosen to bill with one month being estimated or actual and the other month being 'sin consumo'?

Fred James Sep 24th 2011 4:50 pm

That does sound odd but one option you have with Iberdrola is to have an agreement where you pay a fixed amount every month based on your previous annual consumption. At the end of the period, if you owe them money, it is added into next years payments and if they owe you money it is deducted.

Mitzyboy Sep 24th 2011 6:40 pm

They have always billed us every other month. Looking at the last two bills, they are both for service charge ... the meter reading is being left as it was in early august.

Seems there have been a few people complaining and getting onto the site to do monthly readings.

Just tried logging on and it keeps telling me my passowrd and email address dont match ... it's having none of it! :lol:

I guess I will have to ring them on Monday and suss out what its all about. Reciieving a €600 bill in one hit is ridiculous. I'l have spent it on Wine by then!

VFR Sep 24th 2011 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 9640043)
They have always billed us every other month. Looking at the last two bills, they are both for service charge ... the meter reading is being left as it was in early august.

Seems there have been a few people complaining and getting onto the site to do monthly readings.

Just tried logging on and it keeps telling me my passowrd and email address dont match ... it's having none of it! :lol:

I guess I will have to ring them on Monday and suss out what its all about. Reciieving a €600 bill in one hit is ridiculous. I'l have spent it on Wine by then!

Mitz tell them you want a paper bill & not an online jobbie as I believe is your right. As far as I know this will cure this issue.

EsuriJohn Sep 24th 2011 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 9639918)

I thought the new law on deregulation said that under 9kw bill every 2mths and estimate intermediate month. Over 9kw bill every 2 mths

Mitzyboy Sep 24th 2011 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by playamonte (Post 9640151)
Mitz tell them you want a paper bill & not an online jobbie as I believe is your right. As far as I know this will cure this issue.

I do get a paper bill. Trouble is, its only for £13 a month

Originally Posted by John & Kath (Post 9640164)
I thought the new law on deregulation said that under 9kw bill every 2mths and estimate intermediate month. Over 9kw bill every 2 mths

Do you know where thats listed or quoted?

adra04778 Sep 24th 2011 10:12 pm

Reciieving a €600 bill in one hit is ridiculous. I'l have spent it on Wine by then!

How irresponsible :eek: ::rofl::rofl:

johnnyone Sep 25th 2011 6:08 am

It seems a bit odd to me just from the effect it would have on Iberdrolas cash flow as a business and extending credit to customers. Not sensible in this current economic climate.
I don't actually receive a bill just a slip from the bank showing the DD taken. I shall keep my eye on them.

snikpoh Sep 25th 2011 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 9640201)

After reading your first post, I rang them to give them all my readings but also to ask about 6-monthly billing. I was told that this was not possible 'due to the new law', and that they had to bill at least every other month.

EsuriJohn Sep 25th 2011 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 9640201)

No but it was what the fantastic bloke from Endesa told us when he sorted out the mess they had made of our billing. Fine for about 6 mths then back to the old unpredictability. What he advised me was to try heavens hard to get a consistent run of 12 monthly readings that were taken & recorded by either party and then the computer would be able to estimate accurately if any readings were missed.

EsuriJohn Sep 25th 2011 9:42 am

Originally Posted by adra04778 (Post 9640258)
Reciieving a €600 bill in one hit is ridiculous. I'l have spent it on Wine by then!

How irresponsible :eek: ::rofl::rofl:

Thats what we got €650 after 12 months of €60 every 2 mths. Turns out they had only been charging the standing charge and then estimated the use over 12 mths in one hit in January at the new higher rate. He sorted that as well and had the bill split into 6 with 5 at the old rate!

Mitzyboy Sep 25th 2011 11:47 am

Originally Posted by snikpoh (Post 9640711)
After reading your first post, I rang them to give them all my readings but also to ask about 6-monthly billing. I was told that this was not possible 'due to the new law', and that they had to bill at least every other month.

I'm at a loss then ..... maybe they are getting around it by issueing standing charge bills and telling us that it hasnt been possible to read the meter. Thats how people are getting around it, by putting their readings on the web site

Originally Posted by John & Kath (Post 9640775)
Thats what we got €650 after 12 months of €60 every 2 mths. Turns out they had only been charging the standing charge and then estimated the use over 12 mths in one hit in January at the new higher rate. He sorted that as well and had the bill split into 6 with 5 at the old rate!

Oh, OK ... so it does seem to be happening