Iberdrola

Old Mar 31st 2013, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Iberdrola

Iberdrola regularly come in for 'stick' for a number of reasons. I have been trying unsuccessfully to access their online system for a week - thinking their traffic must be so high (unhappy customers?) that the connection would not work.

However today I tried it using IE (I normally use Firefox) and voila!

So obviously some compatibility problem with Iberdrola site and latest Firefox version although I am not having problems accessing other sites.

Maybe Iberdrola not culpable this time.
Old Mar 31st 2013, 9:27 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iberdrola

Originally Posted by spainrico
Iberdrola regularly come in for 'stick' for a number of reasons. I have been trying unsuccessfully to access their online system for a week - thinking their traffic must be so high (unhappy customers?) that the connection would not work.

However today I tried it using IE (I normally use Firefox) and voila!

So obviously some compatibility problem with Iberdrola site and latest Firefox version although I am not having problems accessing other sites.

Maybe Iberdrola not culpable this time.
Until recently Endesa also supported only certain versions of Internet explorer. They've now installed a patch that enables other browsers to use their system. But it's still pretty archaic.

In this day and age, there are web development platforms that inherently support all kinds of browsers (an mobiles too), without having to "patch" anything. I just don't understand how companies with €5 Billion in annual profits are unable to hire a professional web development firm using modern tools to establish and maintain their primary link to their customers.

In contrast, the banks sure seem to do a pretty good job of building online account portals, but on the other hand, I reckon the banks are faced with competition, and therefore view their customers in a bit different way than utilities operating as a virtual monopoly under strict governmental regulation.

Just a difference in priorities, I reckon. You have a choice with banks (and can choose another bank), you have little choice with utilities. The prices and services are basically all the same.
Old Mar 31st 2013, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I was using Firefox to access Iberdrola without any problems until recently - but now Firefox seem to send a new version nearly every week I guess something somewhere has upset Iberdrola's site which is cumbersome to say the least but at least they have attempted to provide an option in English.

But yes I do find it surprising that successful access can depend on the browser (OK there are security settings etc)
Old Mar 31st 2013, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's the same problem as on the other thread - all internet connections are slow at the moment because of this anti-spamming thing.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...70&postcount=8
Old Mar 31st 2013, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

I've been accessing their online office for about 5 years, with Chrome, and I've never had any problems. I stopped using IE a long time ago.