Iberdrola

Old Apr 11th 2012, 11:08 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Iberdrola

Iberdrola are currently going house to house to encourage people to change from monthly to two monthly bills. If you sign up to this they are giving 10% discount until 2014. They are doing this to try to stop people from changing to other suppliers.

Rosemary
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:06 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iberdrola

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Iberdrola are currently going house to house to encourage people to change from monthly to two monthly bills. If you sign up to this they are giving 10% discount until 2014. They are doing this to try to stop people from changing to other suppliers.

Rosemary
You will probably find that the discount only applies to the monthly standing charge - not to the units consumed.

Also their fixed prices can probably be changed if the government approves a basic increase.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:30 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
You will probably find that the discount only applies to the monthly standing charge - not to the units consumed.

Also their fixed prices can probably be changed if the government approves a basic increase.
Actually, the 10% discount is on the contracted potencia (in my case 5.3kw so a discount of about 43cents every month!)

The prices are all FIXED 'till some time in 2014
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:43 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Actually, the 10% discount is on the contracted potencia (in my case 5.3kw so a discount of about 43cents every month!)

The prices are all FIXED 'till some time in 2014
That much!!!!!! When are you going out to celebrate in style?????

The bloke who called on me said that it was to counteract the fact that Endesa are trying to get people to change over to them by offering 10% discount. I told him that we had been thinking that it was about time that Iberdrola offered their existing customers something for staying with them but I did not tell him that there was no way we would go with Endesa due to everything that people on here say about them.

Rosemary
Old Apr 11th 2012, 4:11 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I said. The monthly charge is the potencia charge.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 5:29 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I said. The monthly charge is the potencia charge.
With respect - you said "on monthly charge" and it's not on the rental of the meter. Only on contracted potencia.

But even still, people should not be conned into thinking that it's going to be very much!

What I do think is a good deal, is the freezing of prices for 2 years.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 10:06 am

What I do think is a good deal, is the freezing of prices for 2 years.
If you check the current tariff and the one they will freeze you will find that they are probably not the same. last time I checked the frozen tariff was a lot higher than the current tariff.

So you probably end up paying the same and you are locked in.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 10:20 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Iberdrola were recently fined in the UK for using dubious calling practices and giving incorrect info'
Old Apr 12th 2012, 12:00 pm
Retired and loving it!

If you check the current tariff and the one they will freeze you will find that they are probably not the same. last time I checked the frozen tariff was a lot higher than the current tariff.

So you probably end up paying the same and you are locked in.
Your correct, mine went from 0.152 to 0.159 with the new (locked in) rate. But then prices will inevitably rise over the next 2 years. So who knows, I might win yet.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 9:15 pm

Your correct, mine went from 0.152 to 0.159 with the new (locked in) rate. But then prices will inevitably rise over the next 2 years. So who knows, I might win yet.
I was on a 12 month fixed rate with Iberdrola last year - it didn't stop them increasing the prices before the end of the contract!