Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Iberdola- overestimated electricity bill

Iberdola- overestimated electricity bill

Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:18 pm
Banned

bokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Iberdola- overestimated electricity bill

Originally Posted by andyrich666
I beleive [...] you deliberatley chose what to quote and what not to
Man, you really are living in a deluded fantasy if you believe that. Try smoking a joint or something; it'll help you to calm down.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bokeh
Man, you really are living in a deluded fantasy if you believe that. Try smoking a joint or something; it'll help you to calm down.
Im calm, I just get riled when people ask a question like you did, then get a answer / reason for why people do direct debit, then you go completley avoid replying to that by changing the subject and banging on about something else.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:26 pm
Banned

bokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the rough

ask a question
Here's a question for you: have you ever thought of studying English grammar or spelling?
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bokeh
Here's a question for you: have you ever thought of studying English grammar or spelling?
No I havent I get on well enough in life without it and without drugs

You want to look at your own grammar without criticising others ^^^

good night
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:36 pm
Banned

You want to look at your own grammar
Example...
Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

Still, imakes a change from childish sniping..........
Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

No Not Hijacked as its still on topic, one thing baffles me if you was that bothered about it why you did not ring them yourself ???

I would not email any firm when it comes to money, I would be straight on the phone to the bank, CC or Utility people, I would not be able to sit there patientley waiting for a reply, you ask what are peoples experience of customer service, they only know because they phoned themselves... so..why couldnt you, if its a language difficulty then fair enough and maybe you should have pointed that out ?

Id have lost a load of dosh like that id be fuming !!
I am going to ring them but I thought my experience might be of interest to other. Unfortunately this forum seems to attract contributors whose main aim is to criticise rather than help.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 8:40 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by petew
Thanks poshnbucks thats really helpful, I will go and see my bank. I didn't actually realise that I could ask the bank to return the money taken. I guess I've been lucky - this is the first time I have had this sort of problem.

The difficulty is that the meter is inside the house which is unoccupied. Previous estimated bills had been reasonable. I did in fact e mail them pointing out the true reading and the extent of the overestimate but I was too late to stop them debiting my account. I have now registered for e mail bills and for the service where they (supposedly?) notify you by e mail if they haven't been able to read the meter and give the amount of the forthcoming bill - so at least I will get more warning if it happens again. I do use internet banking and check my account frequently but it didn't help me this time.

Ps would you say my post has been hi-jacked??

What makes me smile is the hi-jackers don't even live in Spain So have not to deal with the everyday running of their affairs within the Spanish community/System.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
What makes me smile is the hi-jackers don't even live in Spain So have not to deal with the everyday running of their affairs within the Spanish community/System.
lol, I lived in Spain for so far a total of 5 years on and off, although I have never owned a property there I have had more experiences than most, not only that I know what is going on in front of my very eyes unlike some who never venture out of there own town.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:02 am

Andy

I think most people on the whole who live in Spain ask rather simple questions hereon because they want a feeling of belonging and in touch with their fellow brits which was the purpose of the site in the first place.I doubt if they give a monkeys what the reply is as more often than not common sense will find an answer. However You are right to a certain extent in respect of going out and doing the chasing yourself but here in Spain you have a different culture and form filling way of life. I wish I knew a lot of things I know now about the Spanish system I didn't know when I first arrived.
So in short if I can short circuit someones problem and point them to the correct form or Dept to save queuing or having your forms rejected because they were not filled out correctly, Then I will do so on this forum. I try to do it with a sense of humor which is not to everyones taste, But if I can save somebody sometime or money then I shall carry on. So lets try and be civil The hot weather is here for at least the next 5 days its 80 now at 12noon so to get back on thread.......... Saving Lots of Electricity
Old Jun 18th 2008, 1:15 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

poshnbucks can i plug in to you system need poer for the AC , will you saving power there

and how say 700 euros for a power bill , need to unplug from there lol
jurdy

next month the power bill gose up 6 %
Old Jun 18th 2008, 1:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jurdyr
I just changed from two 500 watt security lamps to light the garden, to seven 15 watt energy savers. Saves about 10 cents per hour (about 25€ off every bill) and the lighting is so much nicer. Last year I put up 5 ceiling fans to use instead of the two air conditioning units. This saved nearly 100€ off of each of my two summer bills. In the winter we started burning wood and stopped all electric heating. That saved a fortune on the winter electric bill too.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by jurdyr
poshnbucks can i plug in to you system need poer for the AC , will you saving power there

and how say 700 euros for a power bill , need to unplug from there lol
jurdy

Hi Jurdy

I have orange groves that take water pumped from my well to water them its only about 4 acres but in the summer it has to be done almost on a daily basis so the pump which is quiet a few metres underground uses mains electricity,The bill for the house and orange groves and pool is only about 200 euros per two months. The main cost is lighting for my heliport and berth for my speedboat as one has to have the right mode of transport to deliver those chocolates to those deserving ladies after all The Lady loves Milk Tray.

Last edited by poshnbucks; Jun 18th 2008 at 3:34 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 4:06 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

poshnbucks you need to used them energy saving lightbulbs , as in your heliport and berth for my speedboat need to used the new LED lighting many save few more Euros ,
speedboat hope that has sails ? (any need few 12 volts fans there )
and i got make few extra Euros if you ship in few CUBAN CIGARS if you know what i mean

pumps get out the cows and get them on the turn stile that pump few liters
put fish farm in to the pool and that now make you lots off cash

poshnbucks again you have me roleing on the floor
jurdy
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

dizzyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
just found all of you byaccident after I Googled 'Iberdrola'
Think I may have a problem shortly With the switch over of my supply from 'Builders' to our own .So after coming across this forum ,am wondering does any one know a local office for Iberdrola in my area. I have a place in Algorfa -close to Almoradi and Guardamar, and La Finca Golf. I 'm coming over on Tues,and suspect I may not electricity .I thought I had some one on the case for me, but I want to be prepared (and I wasn't even a boy scout !) for all eventualities. My spanish is not good enough for a phone call. What are their English speakers like?Tho I do have their phone number.
Can any one give me any info?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.