Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I WILL move to Spain :)

I WILL move to Spain :)

Old Oct 24th 2016, 12:00 am
Just Joined

douggerman has a brilliant futuredouggerman has a brilliant futuredouggerman has a brilliant futuredouggerman has a brilliant futuredouggerman has a brilliant futuredouggerman has a brilliant futuredouggerman has a brilliant futuredouggerman has a brilliant future
Default Re: I WILL move to Spain :)

Originally Posted by Maur-Ross
But is the property good prices compared with Spain?
Leaving Portugal aside for a second, I've just done a search on long term rentals in Ayamonte - nothing, on several websites. And nothing anywhere near. Must be hugely popular
Old Oct 24th 2016, 8:13 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by douggerman
Leaving Portugal aside for a second, I've just done a search on long term rentals in Ayamonte - nothing, on several websites. And nothing anywhere near. Must be hugely popular
Thanks for the astro info.

You are welcome to post on the Ayamonte club and <snip>ask for a list of agencies that rent. The property management companies also have places

We have Ayamonte town. Isla Canela on the coast, but pretty empty in low season. We live a few mins north in Costa Esuri (golf) CE where there is a large community of both Brits and Spanish... And lots to sell as well.

In CE you will find a choice of rentals. In Ayamonte the estate agents will help. CE doesn't have a lot to offer socially except an active golf club/resto open to all (we were dancing on the terrace with a bunch of people yesterday) and a very popular shop/bar where a big bottle of beer 1litre is 2.75 and the G&T's are big! Tonight is 'Monday Club' so we will have a crowd.

A taxi to from town is only 10eur split eg 4ways is ok, especially if you are having a drink.... And there you have lots of choice. There is a bus but it doesn't go at night. We also taxi across to Portugal when having a drink, and its 10eur again to the closest village with the resto and bar I mentioned. The food & drink prices easily pay the shared taxi. There are several choices there all for a similar price.

Sorry I don't know more as we don't rent out our place.

Good luck
Jon

Re price comparison I think with the supply we have here you will get a cheaper place but Portugal was also hit by the crisis.... And then the tax calculation might make a big difference. But here Google is your friend to compare sales prices.

Last edited by Rosemary; Oct 24th 2016 at 8:35 am. Reason: Against the rules so removed. If you change this again the whole post will be deleted.
Old Oct 24th 2016, 9:31 am
Just Joined

douggerman has a brilliant futuredouggerman has a brilliant futuredouggerman has a brilliant futuredouggerman has a brilliant futuredouggerman has a brilliant futuredouggerman has a brilliant futuredouggerman has a brilliant futuredouggerman has a brilliant future

Thanks Jon
Old Oct 27th 2016, 2:28 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Hello and welcome, divert to the other side :-) over Ayamonte way. Lots of nationalities here and the sea plus fabulous skies and all the beaches you could want in Portugal :-) not mention great choice of food and affordable accommodation.

Don't be telling everyone woman hahahahahaha xxxxx
Old Oct 28th 2016, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

hehehehe karma sent your way...... are you around Easter next year ? xx
Old Dec 20th 2016, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

"3 beds would be nice, just in case any of my family ever visit me,"

I hope they do, but I was recently talking to a single retired friend of mine who is on a fixed budget and lives in southern Spain. Initially he long term rented a three bed place for that same reason. Two years later he realised that though family had visited he was paying a lot for the extra bedroom or two 'just in case' they did.
He worked out it was cheaper and a better budget thing for him to downsize and when family visited they'd hang around at his place but sleep at a nearby hotel/hostal - which he'd pay for.
After all, the visitors spent little time hanging around a house anyway, they usually came to see things, go to the beach, have long lunches or dinners etc etc.

It works for him and his family and the odd friend or two are quite happy about it. They don't feel as though they are imposing and also have their own space and actually then stay longer.
I'm not saying this would work for you, but it is just a permutation of what might be suitable.
Old Dec 20th 2016, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mark604
He worked out it was cheaper and a better budget thing for him to downsize and when family visited they'd hang around at his place but sleep at a nearby hotel/hostal - which he'd pay for
Very good point Mark. Thanks for that 😊