Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I think an online newspaper has been reading this forum

I think an online newspaper has been reading this forum

Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:46 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default I think an online newspaper has been reading this forum

Spanish drivers and roundabouts.
http://www.spanishnews.es/20091224-r...we-go/id=1873/
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:54 am
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of
Default Re: I think an online newspaper has been reading this forum

It would be folish to assume the media does not read this site.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

warren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud of

Case 1. We continue straight (the second exit)
Case 2. We take the first exit off the roundabout (right) 

Case 3. We leave the third exit from the roundabout (left) 

Case 4. We go all the way around to the left to make a U-turn.

Case 1. You should be in the right hand lane to continue through the roundabout.
Case 2. You should be in the right hand lane and take the first exit.
Case 3. You should be in the left hand lane when you reach the roundabout, indicate left and after passing the second exit (straight ahead) indicate right and exit.
Case 4. As turning left except you indicate right after the third exit.
I have read that the left hand lane is only to be used for overtaking and that even when taking the 3rd exit you are supposed to stay in the right lane all the time. I have seen both ways described on websites and with diagrams. Here on Ibiza most people use the right hand lane for everything. It was only because I noticed that, that I looked on the internet to find out if I had been tackling roundabouts incorrectly but I ended up none the wiser because of all the contradictory information.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
This newspaper actually posted this story on another forum and regularly post stories in the current affairs section of that forum. The stories are posted as a small piece and have a link to the full story.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 5:42 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

There is another way. In the UK, if there are two lanes to choose from when going straight over, then on the approach road you use the L lane if going straight on in the L lane, and the R lane for straight ahead in the R lane.

I have seen a notice at a roundabout in Chiclana (with that setup) that says as much in diagrams. So it appears it's the same here as in the UK.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 6:02 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

The roundabouts here are a "free for all" Tractors and lorries sometimes deliberately go in the outside lane to allow the cars behind to overtake (when they`re not feeling beligerent and awkward that is lol), Its not uncommon to see people parking on them and as for which lane for where - who knows LOL!!??? But you can usually tell if the driver is a brit!!

Jo xxx
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

The idea that some older Spanish drivers passed their tests without ever seeing a roundabout is a little farcical.

These older Spaniards were tested on Donkeys and the Donkeys had a better sense of self preservation
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by warren d
I have read that the left hand lane is only to be used for overtaking and that even when taking the 3rd exit you are supposed to stay in the right lane all the time. I have seen both ways described on websites and with diagrams. Here on Ibiza most people use the right hand lane for everything. It was only because I noticed that, that I looked on the internet to find out if I had been tackling roundabouts incorrectly but I ended up none the wiser because of all the contradictory information.
Yes, that is right. If you take a driving lesson here that is what you are taught. But it is very dangerous!
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 7:09 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

If you enter a roundabout in the left lane then you spend the rest of your life going round and round. lol
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 10:31 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

I think you've all completely missed the point!
  • The right-hand lane is for parking to go the shops/banks.
  • The left-hand lane is for the workers to park their vehicles whilst tending the plants on the roundabouts.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 1:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I think you've all completely missed the point!
  • The right-hand lane is for parking to go the shops/banks.
  • The left-hand lane is for the workers to park their vehicles whilst tending the plants on the roundabouts.
There were so many parked on the roundabout the other day the police had to park on the zebra crossing while they got their coffee.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 2:23 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
There were so many parked on the roundabout the other day the police had to park on the zebra crossing while they got their coffee.
Coffee? now you are just making that up!
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 3:26 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Coffee? http://bestsmileys.com/nono/2.gif now you are just making that up!
it probably had brandy in it
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 3:31 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Coffee? http://bestsmileys.com/nono/2.gif now you are just making that up!
Originally Posted by lynnxa
it probably had brandy in it
Or Anis.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 1:18 am
Just Joined

slimming is an unknown quantity at this point

It has certainly been enlightening for a newbie like me to read it