Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I need a Scottish Bagpiper for my wedding in Spain. Does anyone know anyone? or any g

I need a Scottish Bagpiper for my wedding in Spain. Does anyone know anyone? or any g

Old May 29th 2007, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Reme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really nice
Default I need a Scottish Bagpiper for my wedding in Spain. Does anyone know anyone? or any g

I am looking for a Scottish piper to play at my wedding in Alicante (Elche) in October. Scottish bagpipes have a very strong sound, unlike the 'Gaita' pipes which are the Spanish traditional sort and are more reedy.
Does anyone know of any news groups or ex pat places i could go to? I have done lots of googling and only found spanish gaita players, or scottish pipe players in the UK.

While a Scottish pipe player is fine, it would be a lot easier to fine someone who already lived in Spain.

Thanks in advance

Torquil and Reme
Old May 29th 2007, 8:14 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I need a Scottish Bagpiper for my wedding in Spain. Does anyone know anyone? or a

I had a piper at my wedding here (san sebastian) in October. He gives bagpipe lessons to people in Barcelona and is over quite a lot - tracked him down through a scottish country dancing club they have there. He tied in some lessons in Barcelona and we managed to make it work to both our benefit. He was absolutely fantastic and is a really nice guy - he even learned the hymn of san sebastian to play when he was here which went down a bomb. His web address is www.fergusmuirhead.com. He's played with Carlos Nunoz (to give you an idea of quality). When is your wedding - I've asked him over for a pintxo crawl I'm organising in san sebastian in mid-October and he said he was going to try and come across - may be another excuse!
Old May 29th 2007, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Reme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really nice
Default Re: I need a Scottish Bagpiper for my wedding in Spain. Does anyone know anyone? or a

Originally Posted by Lochy
I had a piper at my wedding here (san sebastian) in October. He gives bagpipe lessons to people in Barcelona and is over quite a lot - tracked him down through a scottish country dancing club they have there. He tied in some lessons in Barcelona and we managed to make it work to both our benefit. He was absolutely fantastic and is a really nice guy - he even learned the hymn of san sebastian to play when he was here which went down a bomb. His web address is www.fergusmuirhead.com. He's played with Carlos Nunoz (to give you an idea of quality). When is your wedding - I've asked him over for a pintxo crawl I'm organising in san sebastian in mid-October and he said he was going to try and come across - may be another excuse!
Hello Lochy,
Thank you very much for your prompt reply, we have already checked the website and have emailed him. Our wedding is on the 20th of October. Many thanks, Reme
Old May 29th 2007, 9:26 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

The week after my Pintxo crawl - may work out. Good luck with it all and let me know how you get on.
Old May 29th 2007, 9:29 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reme
I am looking for a Scottish piper to play at my wedding in Alicante (Elche) in October. Scottish bagpipes have a very strong sound, unlike the 'Gaita' pipes which are the Spanish traditional sort and are more reedy.
Does anyone know of any news groups or ex pat places i could go to? I have done lots of googling and only found spanish gaita players, or scottish pipe players in the UK.

While a Scottish pipe player is fine, it would be a lot easier to fine someone who already lived in Spain.

Thanks in advance

Torquil and Reme

You caouldn't find some one to say...just scratch their fingernails on a chalkboard or something equally annoying?
Old May 29th 2007, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ironporer
You caouldn't find some one to say...just scratch their fingernails on a chalkboard or something equally annoying?
Blow me!!
Old May 29th 2007, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Thanks in advance

Torquil and Reme
Would a Irish or Welsh one do?
Old May 29th 2007, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by vox populia
Would a Irish or Welsh one do?
What's important to us is the sound that you get from Scottish pipes; compared with Spanish pipes they are a lot different. I am unsure if there is a great difference with the Welsh or Irish? If they are close to Alicante, it would certainly be an option.
Old May 29th 2007, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

What's important to us is the sound that you get from Scottish pipes; compared with Spanish pipes they are a lot different. I am unsure if there is a great difference with the Welsh or Irish? If they are close to Alicante, it would certainly be an option.
Unfortunately we are not YET, all the best any way,
Old May 30th 2007, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by vox populia
Unfortunately we are not YET, all the best any way,
Thanks anyway.
Old May 30th 2007, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

cmorgy has a spectacular aura aboutcmorgy has a spectacular aura aboutcmorgy has a spectacular aura about

There is a young lad in Quesada (bout 20 mins from Elche) who plays the bagpipes complete with attire. We went to an opening for a restaurant and he was playing.

If you go into Mr Singh's Indian Restaurant by Quesada golf and ask for Malcolm (the owner), he may be able put you in touch.
Old May 30th 2007, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cmorgy
There is a young lad in Quesada (bout 20 mins from Elche) who plays the bagpipes complete with attire. We went to an opening for a restaurant and he was playing.

If you go into Mr Singh's Indian Restaurant by Quesada golf and ask for Malcolm (the owner), he may be able put you in touch.
Thank you :-] do you know if they are spanish gaita type pipes or not?
Old May 30th 2007, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

cmorgy has a spectacular aura aboutcmorgy has a spectacular aura aboutcmorgy has a spectacular aura about

Haven't a clue, sounded like normal bagipes to me
Old May 30th 2007, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cmorgy
Haven't a clue, sounded like normal bagipes to me
Hi,

Was this La Marquesa Golf club? Many thanks,
Old May 31st 2007, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Hi Reme

Yes, near the club house there are some bars and restaurants, the Indian restaurant is on the corner. Have a chat with Malcolm as he is also Scottish.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.