Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I love David Bowie music ... but

I love David Bowie music ... but

Old May 24th 2008, 11:21 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default I love David Bowie music ... but

What was he on when he wrote this????

It's a god-awful small affair
To the girl with the mousy hair
But her mummy is yelling "No"
And her daddy has told her to go
But her friend is nowhere to be seen
Now she walks through her sunken dream
To the seat with the clearest view
And she's hooked to the silver screen
But the film is a saddening bore
For she's lived it ten times or more
She could spit in the eyes of fools
As they ask her to focus on

Sailors fighting in the dance hall
Oh man! Look at those cavemen go
It's the freakiest show
Take a look at the Lawman
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
He's in the best selling show
Is there life on Mars?

It's on Amerikas tortured brow
That Mickey Mouse has grown up a cow
Now the workers have struck for fame
'Cause Lennon's on sale again
See the mice in their million hordes
From Ibeza to the Norfolk Broads
Rule Britannia is out of bounds
To my mother, my dog, and clowns
But the film is a saddening bore
'Cause I wrote it ten times or more
It's about to be writ again
As I ask you to focus on

Sailors fighting in the dance hall
Oh man! Look at those cavemen go
It's the freakiest show
Take a look at the Lawman
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
He's in the best selling show
Is there life on Mars?
Old May 24th 2008, 11:33 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I love David Bowie music ... but

a little early to start on the gin and angel dust innit?
Old May 24th 2008, 11:37 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
a little early to start on the gin and angel dust innit?
Can you make any sense out of it then??
Old May 24th 2008, 11:45 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You can make sense of anything after a drink
Old May 24th 2008, 12:08 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

wasn't it Bowies attack on losing out on the money for My way?
That may be an urban myth though......
Old May 24th 2008, 5:57 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Mitzy

What Bowie used to do is write the song in the normal way and then cut up the sheet of paper and re assemble the words as per your lyrics. I love bowie way ahead of his time ohhhhhhhhh don't you hate all that hair the way he has transformed it over the years. He had an accident when he was a small boy and was hit in the eye hence the odd coloured eyes which I think only adds to his fantastic persona which resulted in the various characters he has portrayed throughout his career. He still looks good for a guy born in 1947. Still what the hell has this to do with Spain
Old May 24th 2008, 6:11 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Mitzy

Still what the hell has this to do with Spain
Nothing really .... this is siesta time
Old May 24th 2008, 6:47 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

David Bowie is a boring old fart!!
Old May 24th 2008, 6:51 pm

Nothing really .... this is siesta time
Sorry you are right Avram Grant has been sacked I was in shock so unexpected
Old May 24th 2008, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Same Difference

You should cut yourself a key darlin and get out more
Old May 24th 2008, 7:02 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

And what about Young Americans with Luther Vandross as a backing singer. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat......
Old May 24th 2008, 7:03 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by me me
And what about Young Americans with Luther Vandross as a backing singer. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat......
Oh yeh Luther Vandross is goooooooooooooooooood
Old May 24th 2008, 7:12 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Same Difference

Maybe now, but never in the 70's
Old May 24th 2008, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

David Bowie wasn`t really anything to look at, in a hunky, dishy, teen-sexual-awakening way, but depends on what you like I suppose.. but his voice... was very very good. Maybe some of his later stuff wasnt too good.
Who is Luther Van Dross.... was he in the Superman films?
Old May 24th 2008, 7:20 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by DebsyW
David Bowie wasn`t really anything to look at, in a hunky, dishy, teen-sexual-awakening way, but depends on what you like I suppose.. but his voice... was very very good.
I guess you have to have a reasonable voice when your lyrics make no sense whatsoever

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.