Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I have negotiated intrest only mortgage

I have negotiated intrest only mortgage

Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

dilly dally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I have negotiated intrest only mortgage

I hope this might help some people on Costa Esuri.My mortgage repayments had risen from the original 425 euros to over 700 euros per month. which affectedly meant over 700 Pounds per month. This juring these tough times was very difficult to find. I have negotiated with Caja Sur for a interest only mortgage for 18 months at 250 euros per month.
I heard that a lot of people that bought on Rago 1 are understandably very disappointed with the lack of landscaping and gardens. I have it on very good authority from a high ranking person at Fadasa who was present at a meeting, when Fadasa decided to save one and half million euros by not carrying out this work.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of
Default Re: I have negotiated intrest only mortgage

Originally Posted by dilly dally
I hope this might help some people on Costa Esuri.My mortgage repayments had risen from the original 425 euros to over 700 euros per month. which affectedly meant over 700 Pounds per month. This juring these tough times was very difficult to find. I have negotiated with Caja Sur for a interest only mortgage for 18 months at 250 euros per month.
I heard that a lot of people that bought on Rago 1 are understandably very disappointed with the lack of landscaping and gardens. I have it on very good authority from a high ranking person at Fadasa who was present at a meeting, when Fadasa decided to save one and half million euros by not carrying out this work.
How interesting it is to get confirmation of what many of us believed - but how outrageous and of course we have no grounds as this level of detail was not on contracts. We were taken in by Rago 2 which continues to look lovely. It is scandalous that those who have purchased will have to find the cash at their own expense to do what Fadesa should have.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Great news... How easy was changing terms of your mortgage? after they had agreed it?
Old Jul 26th 2009, 10:44 am
Just Joined

mickkkt is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent news re your mortgage, could you please explain how you did it, the more info the better!
Old Jul 28th 2009, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

dilly dally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mickkkt
Excellent news re your mortgage, could you please explain how you did it, the more info the better!
we tried to negotiate ourselves with the Bank but they would not answer our letters or emails, we spent 2 days on the 'phone with no success. Eventually we went through our solicitor which cost us a fee but no other option was available and we were running out of time.We were told that a number of repossesions had already taken place at Costa Esuri,and no time was being given they were simply repossessing. Don't know if this was scaremongering.We explained that we were fully aware of our commitment and we were simply asking for a payment that we could afford.They came back with an offer,for 18 months and not 24 that we had asked for .Renegotiation can only take place if all arrears, if any, are paid.So, in the end not too difficult. We understand that there has been a directive for all Banks to negotiate and not to repossess from the Spanish government.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

mickkkt is an unknown quantity at this point

we tried to negotiate ourselves with the Bank but they would not answer our letters or emails, we spent 2 days on the 'phone with no success. Eventually we went through our solicitor which cost us a fee but no other option was available and we were running out of time.We were told that a number of repossesions had already taken place at Costa Esuri,and no time was being given they were simply repossessing. Don't know if this was scaremongering.We explained that we were fully aware of our commitment and we were simply asking for a payment that we could afford.They came back with an offer,for 18 months and not 24 that we had asked for .Renegotiation can only take place if all arrears, if any, are paid.So, in the end not too difficult. We understand that there has been a directive for all Banks to negotiate and not to repossess from the Spanish government.
thank you, your reply is most helpful, however I do have one other question, but I am reluctant to ask on the open forum, and I see you do not have the private message facility.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Originally Posted by mickkkt
thank you, your reply is most helpful, however I do have one other question, but I am reluctant to ask on the open forum, and I see you do not have the private message facility.
Just becareful when arranging the mortgage, it is not as simple as it seems as it needs to be re-signed at the notary and they will charge you comission changing the terms of the mortgage... and any costs involved...