Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I HAVE HAD A TERRIBLE INFECTION

I HAVE HAD A TERRIBLE INFECTION

Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:37 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry I HAVE HAD A TERRIBLE INFECTION

Hi everyone ,some of you may have noticed I have not been around much of late, I have been having awful trouble with the puter,it has been doing all sorts of weird things and has been a pain in the backside for a week or so now :curse::curse: it all came to light on Sunday night when after experiencing yet another problem I phoned the tech guys for some support ,so he asked me to enter the control panel and select internet options WELL it was not there along with some others that had dissapeared seems more than likely I have had a trojan or some other nasty infection on here causing all sorts of damage :curse: so there was only one course of action to take and that was to wipe the hard disc clean and reinstall windows.So Sunday night I wiped the hard drive,by this time it was late so I left it until yesterday morning to reinstall windows,I just managed to reinstall and send a greeting to JDR before we went out for my birthday,anyway I have spent today rebuilding all the programs ,task bars,reinstalling MSN and even putting the desk tops back has they were and its all up and running and back to normal and even if I say it myself I have done great job and am quite satisfied that all is well again, the only problem is because I have reinstalled I have Norton back on for 60 days but I will remove that in due course using the norton removel tool.

I do hope everyone is well ,have I missed anything ???

So I am back again ,look forward to catching up yet again
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I HAVE HAD A TERRIBLE INFECTION

Oh my goodness Jean..............................you had me really worried with the title of this thread!
I thought you'd been really poorly or something!!

I know you're very attached to the old lappy, but I must say I'd far rather hear that you've had a bit of a technical hitch, than to know you've gone down with bubonic plague or something

Anyway, its really good to have you back

I haven't been around much either, cos my lovely Mum was here until last Tuesday - and then ever since she went, I've either been depressed or a bit poorly!
I've been reading the threads and giving out some karma; I just haven't been posting......................but watch out, cos I'm back now, and feeling "normal" again!!

Anyway, what did you do to celebrate your birthday yesterday?
Hope you had a really lovely day?

Love and hugs to you,
Sam xx

PS You're a bit of a clever bunny with all this PC stuff now, aren't you!?
Old Oct 16th 2007, 4:11 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Hi jean, so glad it was the computer and not you. You have been busy re inmstalling etc, it isn't too hard a job it is just so time comsuming to get them back how you want them. I have been off school since friday and am thinking i should be ok to go back tomorrow, but want to make sure i am perfectly ok for flying off to Competa on friday evening. Just really fogged up with shushy ears now, so i suppose tomorrow I could save my voice and not speak to anyone and as i can't hear very well they wouldn't bother speaking to me!! I don't think that would work very well in a school do you?
Glad to hear from you, take care, oh and what did you do for yur birthday, hope it was a good one!
Luv Eve
xx
Old Oct 16th 2007, 4:19 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
Anyway, what did you do to celebrate your birthday yesterday?
Hope you had a really lovely day?

Love and hugs to you,
Sam xx

PS You're a bit of a clever bunny with all this PC stuff now, aren't you!?
Hi Sam,

Sorry to hear that you have been feeling a bit low of late,nice to hear your on the mend,it must of been lovely to have your Mum staying with you for a while though ,I bet you have had some really good times with her and some precious memories to hold.

Well after I had reinstalled windows and reset the ISP time was getting on,we had a drive up to the Derbyshire Dales intending to have lunch,by the time we arrived the pub we usually use was about to close at three and re-open at 5 ,so we had a drive to a little village and bought some coffee and snacks and sat by the river at the picnic tables,well George was so funny,Andy was offering him some biscuits and he was not having them ,just threw them on the floor , would you believe he cottoned on to the fact I was dunking mine in the coffee and when I offered him biscuits took them willingly,so then Andy dunked a biscuit in his coffee and he was happy to eat them then

After our snack we drove around the country-side and visited the dam's and George had a good run around, the scenery looks so beautiful at this time of the year with all the different Autum shades and it was still very mild to be walking around.

We arrived back at the pub for an early dinner at six and then afterwards headed back home, so at least we had a few hours out in the end

I recieved a few cards and flowers and I went and treated myself to an external hard drive thingy last Sat,so I had made a back-up of photo's and stuff , just has well

Well Im sure we will be in more contact now,the winter months are drawing in along with the dark nights

Nice to hear from you

Love and best wishes and take care of yourself
Old Oct 16th 2007, 4:29 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by Eve

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so terrible,I do hope you feel a lot better to fly on Friday,I wish it was us heading out again ,put your feet up and take it easy
Old Oct 16th 2007, 4:30 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:41 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Don`t forget the viruses could come in the photo files etc that you download..........
So be careful that your security is up to date.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:48 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by jdr
Don`t forget the viruses could come in the photo files etc that you download..........
So be careful that your security is up to date.

Iv got Norton on for 60 days again,and then when that runs out I will put a good one on any idea's I had AVG free addition and Zone alarm,I think I will opt for the AVG paid one next time
Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:49 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jandy44
Iv got Norton on for 60 days again,and then when that runs out I will put a good one on any idea's I had AVG free addition and Zone alarm,I think I will opt for the AVG paid one next time
The free one is just as good, the paid one is more for business use.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:52 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

You dont need to go for the paid edition of AVG honest, although I can imagine why you feel you should. I know tons of people who have used AVG free for years and not been infected .... I can only assume you must have been very unlucky.

Personally, I avoid downloading anything to my computer unless its really necessary .... like JDR says you can bring something in with a picture.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:00 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You dont need to go for the paid edition of AVG honest, although I can imagine why you feel you should. I know tons of people who have used AVG free for years and not been infected .... I can only assume you must have been very unlucky.

Personally, I avoid downloading anything to my computer unless its really necessary .... like JDR says you can bring something in with a picture.
What I think may have bought it in was I recieved an e-mail a few days ago and I was stupid to open it because it was someone after my bank details ,I was not stupid enough to go into the link sent with it though,it just seems a coincidence that I have been having massive problems since then,it had even removed stuff of the puter so it was nasty bloody begger the only downloads I have done are explorer 7 from microsoft and firefox ,and I downloaded various anti spyware etc . Oh well Im back to normal now
Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

What I think may have bought it in was I recieved an e-mail a few days ago and I was stupid to open it because it was someone after my bank details ,I was not stupid enough to go into the link sent with it though,it just seems a coincidence that I have been having massive problems since then,it had even removed stuff of the puter so it was nasty bloody begger the only downloads I have done are explorer 7 from microsoft and firefox ,and I downloaded various anti spyware etc . Oh well Im back to normal now
Yeah, dont need me to tell you now but NEVER open attachments on emails that you are not sure of the origin. It seems a bit of a coincidence doesn't it.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:06 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Oh good, it can't have caught my cold!!
xxxxxxx
Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:07 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

I've been sending a few emails out lately asking for bank details, with viruses attached, anyone know how I've got on?
Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:19 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

AVG is cack! End of story!

Virusbulletin.com is the world's leading authority on virus control and software analysis.

The major players are NOD32, Kaspersky, and Norton.

Avoid Norton like the plague cos it's bloatware that will bugger up your PC and draw all your system resources.

So that leaves NOD32 and Kaspersky.....my recommendation based on 23 years industry experience, not 2 minutes hobbyist experience is NOD32.

NOD32 has the highest scores throughout the last ten years and has never failed to find a virus in the wild. No other producy can deliver this level of consistency.

And here's the clincher.....what do Microsoft use to safeguard their servers? NOD32. 'nuff said.

You can trial it for a month from HERE!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.