Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I found this quite amazing!

I found this quite amazing!

Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:36 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I found this quite amazing!

I flew back to Faro with Thomson fly this morning and everything went very smoothly during the flight. In fact it ws the perfect flight because the stewardess asked me if I could move to an exit seat with extra legroom and it turned out I had the whole row to myself So it all wENt smoothly as I said until the landing As we went down and hit the tarmac we went with such a crash, it was as though the wheels werent down. Everyone flew up from their seats and people screamed, if they hadnt had seat belts on there could have been a few injuries.

But this is what I cannot believe. The captain came on do do his little talk about the temperature and time zone etc. But, before he started on that his first words were DONT WORRY, WE DID LAND THEN, WE WERENT SHOT DOWN!!!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:50 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I found this quite amazing!

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
I flew back to Faro with Thomson fly this morning and everything went very smoothly during the flight. In fact it ws the perfect flight because the stewardess asked me if I could move to an exit seat with extra legroom and it turned out I had the whole row to myself So it all wENt smoothly as I said until the landing As we went down and hit the tarmac we went with such a crash, it was as though the wheels werent down. Everyone flew up from their seats and people screamed, if they hadnt had seat belts on there could have been a few injuries.

But this is what I cannot believe. The captain came on do do his little talk about the temperature and time zone etc. But, before he started on that his first words were DONT WORRY, WE DID LAND THEN, WE WERENT SHOT DOWN!!!

Excellent!!!!! Great that he acknowledged that he had shaken you all up and made a joke about it, most would have just ignored it and pretended that it had not happened.

Rosemary
Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:53 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

We flew to Thesoloniki Greece one year when they were having a barny about Mercadonia and had two fighters fly alongside us, you could even see the pilots in them they were so close.
When we landed there were tanks and all other army stuff on the airport, very scary.....

(maybe spelt wrong, why don`t US spellchecks include foreign cities ?)
Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:57 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
We flew to Thesoloniki Greece one year when they were having a barny about Mercadonia and had two fighters fly alongside us, you could even see the pilots in them they were so close.
When we landed there were tanks and all other army stuff on the airport, very scary.....

(maybe spelt wrong, why don`t US spellchecks include foreign cities ?)
Thessaloniki

&

Macedonia

You weren't far off on the spelling!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 4:05 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
Thessaloniki

&

Macedonia

You weren't far off on the spelling!
Thank you, looks like I`ve been to Mercadona too much, lol ;-))

Are they still fighting over the Macedonia name ?
Old Aug 20th 2007, 4:13 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Thank you, looks like I`ve been to Mercadona too much, lol ;-))

Are they still fighting over the Macedonia name ?
My pleasure!

Thessaloniki is where I'm from

It seems that the US have resolved the problem by placing the former Yugoslav Republic with the name Macedonia on all their maps! Sort of re-writing history in a way. In a few decades the history books will be saying that Alexander the Great was Yugoslav! The European maps have named it Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, ie FYROM.....so that's that I guess.....sad really when history is rewritten.

PS....did we just hijack (no pun intended) Sam's thread?

Last edited by MnM; Aug 20th 2007 at 4:16 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Excellent!!!!! Great that he acknowledged that he had shaken you all up and made a joke about it, most would have just ignored it and pretended that it had not happened.

Rosemary
I agree with you Rosemary, and when he said it everyone did burst out laughing.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 5:55 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you Rosemary, and when he said it everyone did burst out laughing.
I bet that if he had not used humour people would have got off the plane in a mood, frightened or angry so he was right to comment and lighten the atmosphere. Nothing like a laugh to make you feel lighter and more relaxed.

Rosemary
Old Aug 20th 2007, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by The Oddities
I bet that if he had not used humour people would have got off the plane in a mood, frightened or angry so he was right to comment and lighten the atmosphere. Nothing like a laugh to make you feel lighter and more relaxed.

Rosemary
Even though I found it very funny, it just surprised me that he said it. What with all the terroism and security checks going on in the Uk`s airports etc. I suppose lots of the people on the plane will be telling that tale for quite a while
Old Aug 20th 2007, 7:04 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by MnM
My pleasure!

Thessaloniki is where I'm from

It seems that the US have resolved the problem by placing the former Yugoslav Republic with the name Macedonia on all their maps! Sort of re-writing history in a way. In a few decades the history books will be saying that Alexander the Great was Yugoslav! The European maps have named it Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, ie FYROM.....so that's that I guess.....sad really when history is rewritten.

PS....did we just hijack (no pun intended) Sam's thread?
Its unusual for us to hijack one of Sams

She still has blanked the guy who asked about his blank answer
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
Its unusual for us to hijack one of Sams

She still has blanked the guy who asked about his blank answer
Hey matey, I had forgotten about that lol
Old Aug 20th 2007, 10:41 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

NOOOOO!! Well see what happens when you don't fly B.A??I bet he'll get his knuckles rapped big time for saying that!!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silverchick
NOOOOO!! Well see what happens when you don't fly B.A??I bet he'll get his knuckles rapped big time for saying that!!
You mean there are OTHER airlines...how quaint...won't catch on though..
Old Aug 20th 2007, 10:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

There was another one that said something along the lines of

On a particularly windy and bumpy day. During the final approach the Captain was really having to fight it. After an extremely hard landing, the Flight Attendant came on the PA and announced, "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Amarillo. Please remain in your seats with your seatbelts fastened while the Captain taxis what's left of our airplane to the gate!"
Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:03 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

This was even more amazing, however did they all escape....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.