Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I dont believe it

I dont believe it

Old Apr 13th 2010, 9:42 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I dont believe it

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Lord forbid!

Regarding your previous post,maybe we'd all be much happier and content if we took no notice and simply buried our heads in the sand, because all the whinging and bellyaching in the World never seems to make a ha'peth of difference to how those guys go about there dirty business.
Um. Yeah. I have to admit to the fact that once I took the news and current events seriously. I read the Guardian, took Private eye, and actually gave a damn.

Then gradually I realised that I was worrying more than was healthy, that it did no good, and to actually read about the nastiness that was going on behind the scenes was profoundly depressing. So I stopped reading the news, cancelled my subscription to Private eye, and did my damndest to avoid the news wherever possible.

Result, improved happiness and less depression. A bit like pulling the blankets over your head. It may not be very grownup, but then I stopped caring a long time ago.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 12:48 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Article HERE

Strangest and most sobering bit....
Attached Thumbnails I dont believe it-daily-mail-article.jpg  
Old Apr 14th 2010, 2:50 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Article HERE

Strangest and most sobering bit....

And people wonder why I hate them all. I have always told my children. Never under any circumstances work for government in any way shape or form. They will use you and discard you like a soiled kleenex.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 9:55 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

This may not be the most appropriate place, but we live in comparative freedom, and I would like to point out that there are only three points between them.

That grumpy Jock could well set a new record, four consecutive Labour victories. The shiny plastics will have failed wondering why the great British public don’t like plastics.

I won’t be dancing in the street, I want the pound to go up, but I don’t like plastics either.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:36 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by HBG
This may not be the most appropriate place, but we live in comparative freedom, and I would like to point out that there are only three points between them.

That grumpy Jock could well set a new record, four consecutive Labour victories. The shiny plastics will have failed wondering why the great British public don’t like plastics.

I won’t be dancing in the street, I want the pound to go up, but I don’t like plastics either.

That's a good post. If the tories fail, it will be proof positive that the public hasn't forgotten what they are like at the core.

It may be hard for those of us that believed that Labour were honest etc (stop laughing at the back there), or at least not so bad, but the sad fact is that believing in politics/politicians is like trusting to 'Chicken Sandwich Luck'

(CSL is having the ability to reach into an Arab toilet and pull out a chicken sandwich.)

I'll still support Labour on the basis that they are the lesser of the two evils.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 12:05 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Last nights "meeting" was interesting though ... Cameloon came out bottom, Clegg Top!
Old Apr 16th 2010, 1:09 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Last nights "meeting" was interesting though ... Cameloon came out bottom, Clegg Top!
Must of been bad, he struggles to put four words together.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 3:04 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Depends which poll you looked at.
One I saw put Cameron way ahead of Brown and out,.. on the night.
Ah well,statistics,statistics,........

Should just give them a pair of boxing gloves each, and chuck em in the ring together,........would save a lot of time and expense,..make good TV,..spare us all this election cr@p,......and soon sort out the sheep from the goats.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 3:32 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Depends which poll you looked at.
One I saw put Cameron way ahead of Brown and out,.. on the night.
Ah well,statistics,statistics,........

Should just give them a pair of boxing gloves each, and chuck em in the ring together,........would save a lot of time and expense,..make good TV,..spare us all this election cr@p,......and soon sort out the sheep from the goats.
Well I guess it depends where your feelings are ... I thought Camerloony looked .. uncomfortable
Old Apr 16th 2010, 3:58 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Well I guess it depends where your feelings are ... I thought Camerloony looked .. uncomfortable
Seems Brown leaning on Cleggs shoulder backfired.
Another session like that could see Labour back in third place
Old Apr 16th 2010, 4:00 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to say that I’m ashamed that I watched quite a bit of it, but why should I be? I’m a citizen of the UK, wherever I may live, and one or more of those three people I watched last night will have a profound effect on my life for the next five years.

I want the pound to go up and I still have a social conscience left (not much though), so straight away I have a problem. The pound would go up with Cameron, Brown would take it down but satisfy my social conscience and Clegg . . .? I only remember him talking about not needing to keep Trident because we no longer want to bomb St Petersburg. That makes sense too.

But there must be something wrong with me anyway, because I don’t agree with the rest of the UK viewers who put Clegg that far ahead of the other two last night. I put him level with Brown and Cameron a smidgeon below.

My wife had the right idea, she didn’t let me watch the first half-hour because she was watching something far more important – Corrie.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

SHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud of

I am not sure about the outcome in general but when the curtains went down, Shergar asked me to take him to hospital. He is still there "under observation". At least he is not back in intensive care.

I am NOT allowing him to watch any more of those programs if that is the effect they have on him!

Ex-pat
Old Apr 16th 2010, 10:41 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

So do I and I am a Conservative voter.... Clegg definitely came out on top, he actually engaged with the cameras and answered the questions well, he was less in a hurry to highlight the others mistakes and more keen to say what the Lib Dems will do.... and he kept referring to the others as "these two"... like scalding naughty boys. Very clever.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 12:44 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I was going to say that I’m ashamed that I watched quite a bit of it, but why should I be? I’m a citizen of the UK, wherever I may live, and one or more of those three people I watched last night will have a profound effect on my life for the next five years.

I want the pound to go up and I still have a social conscience left (not much though), so straight away I have a problem. The pound would go up with Cameron, Brown would take it down but satisfy my social conscience and Clegg . . .? I only remember him talking about not needing to keep Trident because we no longer want to bomb St Petersburg. That makes sense too.

But there must be something wrong with me anyway, because I don’t agree with the rest of the UK viewers who put Clegg that far ahead of the other two last night. I put him level with Brown and Cameron a smidgeon below.

My wife had the right idea, she didn’t let me watch the first half-hour because she was watching something far more important – Corrie.
I heard a conversaiton the other day between 3 British men. They live in Sapin but will be voting Labour, because they want the pound to go down.

They have successful bussiness in Spain, so they are making hay while the sun shines and moving money back to the UK with their relatives, and transferring from euro into pounds.

As this is likely to continue for a long time, they are hoping Brown gets in and confidence is lost, the lower the pound falls, the better as far as they are concerned.

They dont know or care what the policies of the parties are, their vote is based on this one fact.

Talk about "selling out".
Old Apr 17th 2010, 12:53 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
I heard a conversaiton the other day between 3 British men. They live in Sapin but will be voting Labour, because they want the pound to go down.

They have successful bussiness in Spain, so they are making hay while the sun shines and moving money back to the UK with their relatives, and transferring from euro into pounds.

As this is likely to continue for a long time, they are hoping Brown gets in and confidence is lost, the lower the pound falls, the better as far as they are concerned.

They dont know or care what the policies of the parties are, their vote is based on this one fact.

Talk about "selling out".
I'm not so sure that the election result will change the value of the pound in the long run. I remember the early 80s when the stock exchange used to surge whenever the Tories won an election, but then slumped again a few weeks later when it became apparent the economy was still struggling.

Edit: the next government (even if it's Conservative) may try to keep the pound at a low level to help the economy. All those tourists flying over (volcanoes permitting) to shop in London may stop doing so if the exchange rate suddenly changes

Last edited by steviedeluxe; Apr 17th 2010 at 12:55 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.