Reload this Page >

I can´t get Filmon to work, can anyone help me, thank you x

I can´t get Filmon to work, can anyone help me, thank you x

Old Dec 14th 2014, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

JustGabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I can´t get Filmon to work, can anyone help me, thank you x

Hi,

I am living in Costa Del Silencio and can get good internet from the Alborada Beach Club but Filmon freezes from time to time and a lot more in the evenings, although my internet speed is still fast at the time it starts freezing up. Facebook and Youtube are fine, no problem at all. Has anyone got an alternative? I am getting very frustrated!! A friend in Las Galletas has a landline and uses British TV Anywhere | Watch UK TV Abroad but I am not sure how to set this thing up, so I am looking for something that I can just click and use, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Gabby x.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I can´t get Filmon to work, can anyone help me, thank you x

The link you have on the message is aVPN or DNS service. You dont need this for Filmon, you only need a VPN or DNS if you want to use the various Iplayers

You will need a lot more speed for any online TV than for Facebook or Youtube

I use Filmon and sometimes it does stall in the evening particularly on popular programmes.

I put this down to the demand on Filmon's systems

You could try the link below It connects to Filmon but through a different company

Camposat.Tv
Old Dec 14th 2014, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Here is another link that may work?
TV Listings at TV Guide UK - The UK's No 1 TV Listing site for Freeview, Sky, Virgin Media, Freesat & BT Vision
Old Dec 14th 2014, 7:28 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
I put this down to the demand on Filmon's systems
I think you are probably right.

I have heard so many bad reports about Filmon reception from people with fast Internet connections that it does seem that the problem is with Filmon especially bearing in mind that their picture quality is pretty poor which means it does not need a fast connection.

Other access options might seem better but they all end up trying to access the same servers.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Use it most nights and seldom have a problem, been watching BBC2 and now 1 all evening. Could do with higher sound levels at times.

Suggest you keep Flash player at latest release levels and I use Firefox maybe that is better that IE.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

With regard to Browsers Ive just changed from Safari to Chrome and this works much better
Old Dec 15th 2014, 10:42 am
Just Joined

JustGabby is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the advice. I have setup the British TV Anywhere finally because last night was the final straw with Filmon, it has been driving me crazy! I spoke to a guy called Simon from the company and he was brill, got me set up and it wasnt as hard as I first thought. The picture quality on BBC Iplayer is amazing compared to Filmon but the big test will be tonight, so please keep your fingers crossed and I will let you know how I get on x