Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I am doing a project

I am doing a project

Old Apr 26th 2011, 7:55 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am doing a project

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Good point jdr, could the poster not team up with a student doing a similar project in GB it would save a lot of work.

Graham
You mean swap work done, good suggestion, more time to sit in the sun, or be in the pub.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:42 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in the Costa Brava

Originally Posted by The Beast
What on Earth has it got to do with you??

Safe!

Steady now!

You are on a public forum ... if you make comments people are going to ask about them
Old Apr 27th 2011, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

roxy94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
If you have been here for ten years then surely you know the cost of living in Spain, you really need to ask a UK site about the cost of living in the UK and then compare them ?
There are a few posters on here that do live in the UK again now, so they may be able to help.
ands where can I find these posters?
Old Apr 27th 2011, 3:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxy94
Afraid you will just have to wait till they log on to the forum.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
So, why are you still living there if it is as bad as you say..
Where did I say it was a bad place to live???? I stated that the catalans are one of the most arrogant and racist people I have come across......

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Apr 27th 2011 at 5:49 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 5:04 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Where did I say it was a bad place to live???? I stated that the catalans are one of the most arrogant and racist people I have come across......

seems like you fit in well there then.. (sorry Mitzy, but it's also my last post on the subject)
Old Apr 27th 2011, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry....Are you implying that I am arrogant and racist from reading two obscure posts on an internet forum???

Perhaps it is best that it is your last post on the thread.

Roxy girl.....If you are contemplating moving to Spain....I would seriously think about considering alternative countries outside of the EU.....It is a busted flush...

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Apr 27th 2011 at 5:49 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 5:45 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I am doing a project comparing the cost of living in the UK with the cost of living in Spain (Costa Brava). I will be writing about the differences in the cost of living but any ideas on what other topic I could write about in this project?
Explain exactly what you want, I have homes in both countries
Old Apr 27th 2011, 5:48 pm
Senior Moment

[B]I'm sorry....Are you implying that I am arrogant and racist from reading two obscure posts on an internet forum???

Perhaps it is best that it is your last post on the thread.

Roxy girl.....If you are contemplating moving to Spain....I would seriously think about considering alternative countries outside of the EU.....It is a busted flush.... /B]
The OP already lives in Spain I think you'll find, and is doing research for college work.

Living in Spain I guess is down to the individual, some like it ... some don't

Move to any area of Spain without the language and you will run into difficulties, and I'm guessing the Costa Brava (apart from the tourist traps) will be no different
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

When youve finished your project please post it on this forum, I`m sure most of us will find it very interesting and my bet is there wont be a great deal of difference for the overall cost of living and remember most people only earn 1/2 to 2/3rds of a UK salary in Spain.

Good Luck
Old Apr 28th 2011, 11:44 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

If it's a college project surely they would want more substantial evidence than nameless posters on a forum Anyway the op should be capable of doing a search on here there are lots of threads!
Old Apr 28th 2011, 11:46 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
The OP already lives in Spain I think you'll find, and is doing research for college work.

Living in Spain I guess is down to the individual, some like it ... some don't

Move to any area of Spain without the language and you will run into difficulties, and I'm guessing the Costa Brava (apart from the tourist traps) will be no different
We found travelling around the Costa Brava that most menus were in Catalan and when offered in another language they preferred to give us a menu in English rather than one in Castallano.

Mitzy as the poster has two similar threads that may become misleading could they be amalgamated into one. It might help their research.

Rosemary
Old Apr 29th 2011, 8:14 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Mitzy as the poster has two similar threads that may become misleading could they be amalgamated into one. It might help their research.

Rosemary
Might be a bit confusing at first, but done