Hoyo 19

Old Aug 7th 2018, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

neil77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hoyo 19

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
The way the town hall operate through the Tributaria office is that they delegate all “Tax” collection to this quasi public body which has wide ranging powers to force the collection of monies due for which the town hall pays a large fee. In doing this work however they will become privy to which bank you pay from even if you don’t use DD. In addition the Town Hall has recently contracted a large legal practise to chase bad debtors. They do this because they were left a €44m debt by the last Mayor and were not allowed by the last Government to set a budget to do any thing different only repeat the spending as previously budgeted. This is the first year that the embargo has been lifted.

The net result is that the Tributaria are in a very powerful position they can freeze your bank account(s) if any tax or fee goes unpaid. That is a desperate situation to be in if you pay your utilities or mortgage from one of your accounts. The gas, water, electricity, internet will cut you off in an instant if you do not pay and the cost and delay of reconnection you just do not want.

i know this to be the facts because I mounted my own embargoe on the EUC fees some time ago and having not paid one 1/2 year payment within weeks they were threatening by registered letter to freeze my account.

In addition but quite separately one electricity bill in ten years went unpaid for one month due to an error by the bank, within days we had a registered letter on a Monday threatening disconnection and they would have cut us off on Thursday morning if we did not pay in cash at their bank between 9 & 11 am. It was a dam close run thing but we just made it and remained connected but we did not know except we could switch the lights on on Thursday night.
That sounds harsh, but did know the taxman [inland revenue equivalent] can go into your bank account and take what they think they're owed. Must be the same with tributaria. Ok, so maybe my idea was a 'non starter'! Must be something we can do to make them listen though ?

Last edited by Rosemary; Aug 8th 2018 at 5:19 am. Reason: removed bold
Old Aug 8th 2018, 6:49 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Although we are going off topic of 19h... For what its worth, I don't think CERA should post on this forum. I am just a member and not on the management of CERA, but they already have communications vehicles - with the website and newsletters/mails etc. If I was in the management I would continue to post here- but just as an individual.

These conversations can often go 'off piste' and blossom out of control, and I think the CERA team have enough on their plates managing all the things they do, voluntarily. Someone once said 'you cant please all the people all the time' - but I for one am very grateful for all they do. For example, can you imagine the frustration of dealing with the town hall for example, and then find that we are being let down (yet again). The meetings are documented and published... as are all their activities.

We are not permanent residents, we come at all times of the year, but aren't always there in any certain month. So in order not to miss out on our payments, a couple of months ago we set up an annual standing order to pay the CERA membership fees

Jon
Old Aug 8th 2018, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

bitmanev is on a distinguished road

i don't want to be funny but HM Revenue & Customs has the same powers; they can even arrest you at the airport if needed to get their monies
Old Aug 8th 2018, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Fiberite is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok so not paying our taxes is a non-starter and declaring ourselves an autonomous state ( passport to Pimlico style) likewise. Would it be possible then that through CERA we conduct a campaign through the local /regional press, radio ,television and internet. Maybe CERA could consider hiring a media expert to plan the campaign to best effect? Perhaps a constant drip of bad press would bring the council to the table. Just another thought.
Fiberite
Old Aug 8th 2018, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
With no news coming re 19h and a 'successful' denuncia campaign to completely shut it down..... I fear that it is well and truly closed. I also fear that it wont reopen.

After three failed attempts, the last dead after just a couple of weeks, I personally am giving up on this prospect for CE. 16 people are happy, hundreds are upset.

I truly hope that I am wrong here. I would like nothing more than to have the 19h up and running as it was recently.

Jon
It is odd though that the portacabin opposite the commercial center is allowed to continue when just the same rules should apply there as to Hoya 19. In addition all the apartments in Vista and a house in Lomas which operate as commercial premises with little apparent disruption. It seems the town hall reacts to some and not to others. Maybe it is or was brown envelopes or “enchufe” that makes the difference. Perhaps the Town Hall should do some house cleaning visit Esuri with their eyes open and close all non-approved commercial operations until the Communidad makes a decision. Perhaps the long term future of Esuri would be best served by withdrawing the application to the Communidad since Esuri already has an over provision of built commercial units not occupied (as does Ayamonte itself).

Also they might just think a little more long term if the commercial centre is to open in my lifetime it would need these small enterprises to be in there as seed corn if it is to survive. It would also need a loss leader such as an Aldi to attract a wider area than Esuri and they would have to think long as well.

it is so lopsided the shop (and we love Amalia to bits) somehow survives and grows when a new venture with the support of at least 500 “long stayers” and the promise to grow more desperately needed ventures such as bike hire and beach days for the “short stayers” is summarily closed. It just increases the feeling that all is not as it should be .
Old Aug 8th 2018, 4:00 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn

It is odd though that the portacabin opposite the commercial center is allowed to continue when just the same rules should apply there as to Hoya 19. In addition all the apartments in Vista and a house in Lomas which operate as commercial premises with little apparent disruption. It seems the town hall reacts to some and not to others. Maybe it is or was brown envelopes or “enchufe” that makes the difference. Perhaps the Town Hall should do some house cleaning visit Esuri with their eyes open and close all non-approved commercial operations until the Communidad makes a decision. Perhaps the long term future of Esuri would be best served by withdrawing the application to the Communidad since Esuri already has an over provision of built commercial units not occupied (as does Ayamonte itself).

Also they might just think a little more long term if the commercial centre is to open in my lifetime it would need these small enterprises to be in there as seed corn if it is to survive. It would also need a loss leader such as an Aldi to attract a wider area than Esuri and they would have to think long as well.

it is so lopsided the shop (and we love Amalia to bits) somehow survives and grows when a new venture with the support of at least 500 “long stayers” and the promise to grow more desperately needed ventures such as bike hire and beach days for the “short stayers” is summarily closed. It just increases the feeling that all is not as it should be .
Hi John

I agree this is fishy, there are a lot of questions and I know we will discuss all this in time. Its a mess!

There is only one thing I disagree with. I don't think we should close anything in CE. As much as I fume over the town hall, and we've discussed all this many times, in this case I think faced with legal denuncias, they had no choice but to kill 19h. No 'blind eyes' could be 'turned' here.

As long as the other businesses aren't causing a problem to their neighbours, to create denuncias... I say let them carry on (IMO). They will go anyway if someone complains.

We've heard that the new resto wont open either, lacking the correct licence, having already missed the July opening plan. So whichever way we look we are scre*ed as a community. As mentioned on this thread the back taxes on the other commercial units also make them a non-viable project. We could see very little change to this community for a long time (sadly). The hotel remains uncertain - so everything is in the same quagmire. And the 'powers that be' have no interest in us, but of course want our money, which they of course demand more of than others outside CE. Nor do they seem to want any plan to help us.

What a shame - we've been living with this for years... looks like it continues... maybe for years too. I really hope not.

Looking forward to seeing you both next time

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Aug 8th 2018 at 4:03 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi John

I agree this is fishy, there are a lot of questions and I know we will discuss all this in time. Its a mess!

There is only one thing I disagree with. I don't think we should close anything in CE. As much as I fume over the town hall, and we've discussed all this many times, in this case I think faced with legal denuncias, they had no choice but to kill 19h. No 'blind eyes' could be 'turned' here.

As long as the other businesses aren't causing a problem to their neighbours, to create denuncias... I say let them carry on (IMO). They will go anyway if someone complains.

We've heard that the new resto wont open either, lacking the correct licence, having already missed the July opening plan. So whichever way we look we are scre*ed as a community. As mentioned on this thread the back taxes on the other commercial units also make them a non-viable project. We could see very little change to this community for a long time (sadly). The hotel remains uncertain - so everything is in the same quagmire. And the 'powers that be' have no interest in us, but of course want our money, which they of course demand more of than others outside CE. Nor do they seem to want any plan to help us.

What a shame - we've been living with this for years... looks like it continues... maybe for years too. I really hope not.

Looking forward to seeing you both next time

Jon
we will just have to keep going to Monte Fransico to our nearest 5 restaurants! At a loss to Ayamonte!