British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   hows the christmas spirit ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/hows-christmas-spirit-580088/)

helenba Dec 24th 2008 12:45 pm

hows the christmas spirit ?

I am in england till january then out to spain . the christmas spirit here is not nice people loosing jobs now just before christmas .they dont know if they have jobs after christmas its such a shame its very depressing.

lynnxa Dec 24th 2008 2:09 pm

Re: hows the christmas spirit ?

much the same here

Same Difference Dec 24th 2008 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by lynnxa (Post 7097106)
much the same here

What she said!

Ray51 Dec 24th 2008 3:57 pm

NIL Crimbo spirit here , gov't fell 2 nights' ago , banks are folding , desperation rules in the Capital of EUrope ....

Lionda Dec 24th 2008 6:14 pm

Well everyone seems really jolly here. Just left the local bar which was full (mostly Spanish) all having a great time, the bar closed at 8 then they go to the church and then home for a huge family get together and their Christmas meal. The local priest was in the bar kissing everyone and shaking hands wishing Feliz Navidad to us all then he sprinted over to the church to prepare for the service later. In the nearby town this afternoon there were lots of people wandering round from bar to bar shouting Feliz Navidad. Off out now as my daughters fiance has a singing gig tonight so another late night for me :beer::D

genegenie Dec 24th 2008 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by helenba (Post 7096940)
I am in england till january then out to spain . the christmas spirit here is not nice people loosing jobs now just before christmas .they dont know if they have jobs after christmas its such a shame its very depressing.

Plenty of Christmas spirit here in Lancs. Shops are busy and pubs are bouncing. :thumbsup:

Sam Greenfield Dec 24th 2008 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by genegenie (Post 7097670)
Plenty of Christmas spirit here in Lancs. Shops are busy and pubs are bouncing. :thumbsup:

Yeh its very busy in all the shops here too - not much of a pub person to be honest but they seem very busy
Went into Woolies today - i was so shocked - empty shelves everywhere - everything even the fixtures and fittings for sale :ohmy: - the staff seemed in really good spirits - i was nearly crying when i came out of there - such a shame for them all - we have a big massive warehouse here that was Woolies - thats been completely emptied this week so im presuming the staff there have finished now as well - heres hoping they all have better luck in 2009 and manage to find some work :)

Fuzzlepop Dec 25th 2008 6:10 am

I'm not really in the mood but probably to do with the gas bottle running out and me freezing the entire night not being able to sleep :frown: