Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How you fineding work now adays

How you fineding work now adays

Old May 22nd 2010, 8:40 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light
Default How you fineding work now adays

as its say hows work if you have a job and any pay cuts ? tell more please

Jurdy
Old May 24th 2010, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How you fineding work now adays

Originally Posted by jurdyr

Jurdy
No one has a job in Spain Many people have had cuts , I`m autonomo , proberly down 20% on income compared to two years ago
Old May 24th 2010, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jurdyr

Jurdy
I'm autonoma and doing OK. In fact I'm one of the lucky few who has been positively affected by the crisis.

My OH on the other hand is a funcionario and he is expecting a pay cut sooner or later.
Old May 24th 2010, 9:12 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

I'm autonoma and doing OK. In fact I'm one of the lucky few who has been positively affected by the crisis.
There may be 20% unemployment, but those in work are probably being worked harder than ever - happening in the UK too (and won't get any better now the government's sacking 300-700,000 employees). I know my contacts in Spain (Valencia and Madrid) are telling me they've got tons of work, probably because their employer's won't take on extra staff until they're confident, and who's going to kick up a fuss about too much work in these times?. I think part-timers are probably hit the worst and are the first to be laid off - I know someone in Cantabria whose (part-time) hours have been hit. The choice for many will be a life of leisure (but no money and no prospects) or hard work (with little money). Still those bankers' bonuses have to be paid for somehow...
Old May 24th 2010, 9:52 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Unemployment is 27% in andalucia
Old May 24th 2010, 10:01 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

I've still got my job. Probably working just as hard as I did and get paid just the same. If they cut my pay I'd leave.. I'm too important to be let go, so when they asked me to please come back I'd make them give me a pay rise.
Sunny over here..
Old May 24th 2010, 10:33 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

We're very, very quiet at work lately but I'm not worried. I'm there to replace a guy that's going into retirement so it doesn't cost my employer anything to have me there.
Old May 25th 2010, 3:21 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Im guess I'm lucky enough to have found something in Gibraltar. All my friends down here have as well. Yes its a drag having to come to an English place. Theres so many days where the rest of the costa is enjoying 25c sunshine and we're under a grey levanter cloud with gale force winds. But still at least theres still good solid work here. Its also a drag crossing the border every day and getting back down the coast.

I cant complain though, Ive been employed in Gibraltar over 2 years now and job is still going very strong. We're always busy and ive never had to worry about my job. Salary took a tumble when the £ to € dropped in its value. But then at the same time the cost of renting apartments in spain did. So it balanced out for me.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 6:42 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was one 'ell of a shock yesterday.......the boss paid off 2 members of staff and put them on the streets.....both had been there for 10 years.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 9:29 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madridboy
Well that was one 'ell of a shock yesterday.......the boss paid off 2 members of staff and put them on the streets.....both had been there for 10 years.
$hit
Old Jun 1st 2010, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst I enjoy reading your posts don't get caught writing them!!!
Old Jun 1st 2010, 12:07 pm
Yaaarp

Originally Posted by Rotor
Whilst I enjoy reading your posts don't get caught writing them!!!
lol, I'm at home. Only access I have to internet at work is on my mobile.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:14 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

lol, I'm at home. Only access I have to internet at work is on my mobile.
I am still employed although the company are running a very lean ship at the moment. Probably why we are still in buisness. Keeping my head down and getting on with it. Still nervous though.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CBANDY
I am still employed although the company are running a very lean ship at the moment. Probably why we are still in buisness. Keeping my head down and getting on with it. Still nervous though.
That's pretty much my situation. Don't grumble, just be glad to have the job that allows us to work from home in Spain. Can only hope things pick up back in the UK.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

pain-in-spain has much to be proud ofpain-in-spain has much to be proud ofpain-in-spain has much to be proud ofpain-in-spain has much to be proud ofpain-in-spain has much to be proud ofpain-in-spain has much to be proud ofpain-in-spain has much to be proud ofpain-in-spain has much to be proud ofpain-in-spain has much to be proud ofpain-in-spain has much to be proud ofpain-in-spain has much to be proud of

I am planning to write a book about my work situations here in cloudy Barcelona (weather has been awful all year) but due to my huge flexibility I am still in work (albeit paid in the usual cash in hand) earning less than this time last year. I work in tourism and with the endless stream of Easyjetters here it´s a reasonable business to be in, there´s little else. I´ve been lucky to find a nice Spanish family company to work with and despite very low salary, I would not consider looking elsewhere, here that is. I am planning my move back to London as have simply had enough of this place (been here nearly 8 years) there´s no future and I´m sick of the low wages, high prices and high immigration and crime (where I live it´s much worse than a comparable area of London). I am always amazed how Brits still want to move here. The economy here is worsening by the minute and I have just read a very damming report in the Times, Spain is just as bad if not worse than Greece and I fear for the future. My parents retired here 10 years ago but my father is Spanish so for him it was coming home, however, my mum would give anything to live back in the UK. I´ve stuck around this long to be near them but I am reaching break point and my move back to my beloved London is only months away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.