Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How to Sign on the PADRON and become EMPADRONMIENTO

How to Sign on the PADRON and become EMPADRONMIENTO

Old May 11th 2011, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: How to Sign on the PADRON and become EMPADRONMIENTO

Well the effort has paid off we today received our poll cards.
-
OFFICIA DEL CENSO ELECTORAL

I think our poll station is:- I.E.S.GONZALEZ DE AGUILAR
CALLE ALAMOS DE LOS S/N

so when we find that we can do our part to change things in Costa Esuri.
Old May 18th 2011, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard that problems have occured with the delivery of Poll Cards to large areas of Esuri. The cards for Marina Esuri, Rago 3 and Lomas Esuri and maybe others have been held back at the Tow Hall and have to be collected. Just pop into the council office with photo (ID preferably passport) and it will be handed to you. You will need this on Polling Day.
Old May 18th 2011, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Here's what you do on polling day :-

You need to take your voting card, passport or Spanish driving licence (not English) and, if you have received it in the post, an envelope and voting slip for the party you want to vote for. If you haven't received one then there will be plenty in the polling station which will be open from 9.00am - 8.00pm.

The voting slip should not be marked in any way. You are voting for the party and not an individual. There will be approx. 23/25 names on each list, depending on how many seats each party win on percentage basis. ie. One party wins 10 seats then the first 10 names on the list are the ones who get in to the town hall.

Any voting slip that is marked in any way will be classed as spoiled and not counted.
Old May 22nd 2011, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Today is polling day use your VOTE!

The poll station is open until eight o'clock tonight so if anyone wants to vote and can't get down there (it is too hot to walk) let me know and I could give a lift. More like the 50's but I even remember when not a lot of people owned cars the parties in UK used to get their supporters to offer lifts.
Old May 22nd 2011, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Alectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud of
Default Re: How to Sign on the PADRON and become EMPADRONMIENTO

They were not at all interested in my voting card - just my passport. I managed to get one of the envelopes for the party I voted for from the main candidate himself. They were available at the polling station but in full view of everyone hanging around - so secrecy went out of the window. What I did like was that, unlike the UK, there was no way my vote could be traced back to me.
Old May 22nd 2011, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Today is polling day use your VOTE!

The poll station is open until eight o'clock tonight so if anyone wants to vote and can't get down there (it is too hot to walk) let me know and I could give a lift. More like the 50's but I even remember when not a lot of people owned cars the parties in UK used to get their supporters to offer lifts.
When will you know the outcome? I hope you get the result you think will be best for Esuri. If you don't it won't be for want of trying. Well done for your effort and fingers crossed.
Old May 22nd 2011, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by olivia
When will you know the outcome? I hope you get the result you think will be best for Esuri. If you don't it won't be for want of trying. Well done for your effort and fingers crossed.
Don't know if they count overnight but the die is now cast. Lets hope that whatever the outcome perhaps it will make a difference.
Old May 22nd 2011, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like 'no change' and 'no overall control'.
PSOE seem to have exactly the same proportion of the vote as before (2007) and the comensurate increase in seats.
The big winners seem to be the PP.
What does this mean for CE? If Anything
Interesting that the increase in population (arguably incomers - eg Esurians) has created 4 new seats. Perhaps this is our leverage?
If anyone can explain what the results actually mean that would be good.
Old May 23rd 2011, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Looks like 'no change' and 'no overall control'.
PSOE seem to have exactly the same proportion of the vote as before (2007) and the comensurate increase in seats.
The big winners seem to be the PP.
What does this mean for CE? If Anything
Interesting that the increase in population (arguably incomers - eg Esurians) has created 4 new seats. Perhaps this is our leverage?
If anyone can explain what the results actually mean that would be good.
Looking at the El Pais results page :-

http://resultados.elpais.com/eleccio.../01/21/10.html

the PSOE have 10 seats, the PP 8 seats, the AP-EP-And 2 and the IULVA-CA 1 This I think is less secure for the Mayor than last time but not by much so his reaction may to punish CE with higher EUC charges. The combined vote of the opposition could out-vote the incumbant but the views of the parties are diametrically opposed and at the extreme ends of the political spectrum so I agree no change in the Mayor.

One result could be that the last major proposal by the Mayor, a Hypermarket, Hotel, petrol station and shopping center alongside the motorway on the Poligono could be accelerated since he will not want to endanger it moving forward. It is alleged that the land he has designated for this is owned by a close relative of the mayor or his company!

This would of course be the death knell for the Hotel and Commecial center on CE for a very long time if ever.