Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How to Sign on the PADRON and become EMPADRONMIENTO

How to Sign on the PADRON and become EMPADRONMIENTO

Old Jul 15th 2010, 4:45 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to Sign on the PADRON and become EMPADRONMIENTO

Originally Posted by spanish_lawyer
The Law said every person living in Spain is obliged to register in the Register of the municipality in which usually resides. Who live in several municipalities must only register where he is living longer.

The registration is independent. A person may be undocumented and be registered. Moreover, to obtain a residence permit must present the certificate of registration.
You either have different rules there or you have it wrong.
To get on the padrone here you need to have a rental agreement or house ownership papers, residencia certificate, passport, and copies of all of them.
This also allows you to vote in the local elections.

PS sorry but I don`t understand your last sentence, unless you mean you need the padrone to get the residencia certificate, here it`s the other way round.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 4:53 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
To get on the padrone here you need to have a rental agreement or house ownership papers, residencia certificate, passport, and copies of all of them.

PS sorry but I don`t understand your last sentence, unless you mean you need the padrone to get the residencia certificate, here it`s the other way round.
exactly - we have to prove that we live here to sign on to the padron - & what they now ask for as proof is that you have signed on to the register of foreigners
Old Jul 15th 2010, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jdr

Sorry, jdr. Maybe I have explained badly. I mean a person who has no permiso de residencia (residence permit ¿?) can register. If someone is undocumented "sin papeles" (residing illegally in Spain), can register submiting the passport. Logically, if you are legally submit your DNI, NIE, or permiso de residencia.

If that person who is illegal in Spain wants to regularize his situation (apply for a residence), has (among other documents) to submit the certificate of registration.

Indeed, to register you have to prove where you live (rental agreement or deed of sale).
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:21 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, jdr. Maybe I have explained badly. I mean a person who has no permiso de residencia (residence permit ¿?) can register. If someone is undocumented "sin papeles" (residing illegally in Spain), can register submiting the passport. Logically, if you are legally submit your DNI, NIE, or permiso de residencia.

If that person who is illegal in Spain wants to regularize his situation (apply for a residence), has (among other documents) to submit the certificate of registration.

Indeed, to register you have to prove where you live (rental agreement or deed of sale).
Thanks I understand now, there is no way an illegal immigrant could sign on here with just their passport.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: How to Sign on the PADRON and become EMPADRONMIENTO

If I am following you correctly the sequence would be: -

I wish to come to live in Spain

1) To buy or take a long lease on a property I obtain my NIE as the first step. This allows me to open a bank account and transfer funds to Spain to complete purchase or lease.

2) I come to Spain bringing my Passport as my ID document.

3) I complete on my property giving me an Escritura or long lease.

4) I pop along to my Ayuntamiento office taking with me a) My NIE certificate, b) My Passport and c) My Escritura.

They photocopy each of these and register me on the Padron for the Municipality. I am so thrilled to be registered I ask for a certificate signed by the Mayor. They say come back in 3 days and pay €1.35 and you will have one.

I now have the four vital documents to start my new in Spain I can buy a car, register at the doctors and pay my taxes.

After 60 days I conclude that I wish to stay for the rest of my days and gather up all the aformentioned documents and pop down to the local foreigners office with a copy of form EX16 filled in pay my tax and receive my Residents Certificate and I am now legally resident in Spain. After my first year I can go along to the Hacienda and pay my income tax for the last year and I am legal decent and honest.

Is that about right?
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:33 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Even if they sign on the Padrón it doesn't mean they can vote in the local elections if they are not resident.....does it
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:38 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Even if they sign on the Padrón it doesn't mean they can vote in the local elections if they are not resident.....does it
That is why you need the residencia certificate.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by John & Kath

1) To buy or take a long lease on a property I obtain my NIE as the first step. This allows me to open a bank account and transfer funds to Spain to complete purchase or lease.

4) I pop along to my Ayuntamiento office taking with me a) My NIE certificate, b) My Passport and c) My Escritura.

They photocopy each of these and register me on the Padron for the Municipality. I am so thrilled to be registered I ask for a certificate signed by the Mayor. They say come back in 3 days and pay €1.35 and you will have one.

I now have the four vital documents to start my new in Spain I can buy a car, register at the doctors and pay my taxes.

After 60 days I conclude that I wish to stay for the rest of my days and gather up all the aformentioned documents and pop down to the local foreigners office with a copy of form EX16 filled in pay my tax and receive my Residents Certificate and I am now legally resident in Spain. After my first year I can go along to the Hacienda and pay my income tax for the last year and I am legal decent and honest.

Is that about right?
You must have nice officials if they photocopy your things for you.
You can only sign on at the doctors if you take your work contract or your pensioners S1 form to the social security office and get another form from them to take to your local clinic, or go private.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
No there is another step and it is a separate list kept upstairs away from the Padron, Solicitud ***** ****** as explained on the other thread by SL. Ayamonte have not started this list for next year yet but I shall keep asking. There is a fall back SL said the electorial commission write to yor registered address and ask you where you want to vote.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jdr
You must have nice officials if they photocopy your things for you.
You can only sign on at the doctors if you take your work contract or your pensioners S1 form to the social security office and get another form from them to take to your local clinic, or go private.
They did but I guess with le crunch they might not now! As a silver surfer I can get an S1 but others might have the E106. For those much younger they can register their children in school.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cat are us has just posted this on the Spain thread: -

"Padron - new rules?
I have just read an item in a magazine published in one of the Costas. It said "A reader has reported a new bureaucratic hurdle for the 'foreigners' erected by the Spanish Administration, which emanated from INE (Instituo Nacional de Estadistica). The registration in the 'Padron Municipal' (list of habitants) must now be renewed every second year. If one does not re-register as the bureaucrats demand one will automatically be kicked out of the list and lose the benefits of being on the Padron: losing discounts on local taxes, voting rights etc. A visit to the town hall does not sound too bad but the problem lies in the requirement to present at the registration a document from the National Police station confirming your NIE. It must be a recent document, any bureaucrat may refuse one which he/she considers too old. More queues for you. One must also take their 'Original ID'. For many citizens, who do not have a valid Residence Card (not the paper certificate) or a National ID cards, the only valid ID is there original passport, not a copy! In addition to the many foreigners now actively selling their dwellings and leaving Spain, this new measure will certainly lead to other foreigners being forced out of the Padron because they do not know about the new rule, while others will refuse to be herded around and stand in the long queues. Others may think: This is only the citizens from outside the EU or EEC, certainly not for European citizens, but it applies to all non-Spanish European citizens. It should be noted that whilst this 'new instruction' from Instituto Nacional de Estadistica has applied to some parts of Spain for the past eighteen months, some Municipalities have not heard of it."

My local one has not heard of it. Can anyone confirm whether this is true as I don't know whether to always believe what is printed in magazines especially when they begin with "A reader has reported" - which might be only a rumour."
Old Jul 17th 2010, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

Is that about right?
Yes, that's a possibility. But there are also people who living illegally in Spain, such persons may register with the passport. The case that you have written is common in people of the UE.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Exclamation Re: How to Sign on the PADRON and become EMPADRONMIENTO

Cat are us has just posted this on the Spain thread: -

"Padron - new rules?
I have just read an item in a magazine published in one of the Costas. It said "A reader has reported a new bureaucratic hurdle for the 'foreigners' erected by the Spanish Administration, which emanated from INE (Instituo Nacional de Estadistica). The registration in the 'Padron Municipal' (list of habitants) must now be renewed every second year. If one does not re-register as the bureaucrats demand one will automatically be kicked out of the list and lose the benefits of being on the Padron: losing discounts on local taxes, voting rights etc. A visit to the town hall does not sound too bad but the problem lies in the requirement to present at the registration a document from the National Police station confirming your NIE. It must be a recent document, any bureaucrat may refuse one which he/she considers too old. More queues for you. One must also take their 'Original ID'. For many citizens, who do not have a valid Residence Card (not the paper certificate) or a National ID cards, the only valid ID is there original passport, not a copy! In addition to the many foreigners now actively selling their dwellings and leaving Spain, this new measure will certainly lead to other foreigners being forced out of the Padron because they do not know about the new rule, while others will refuse to be herded around and stand in the long queues. Others may think: This is only the citizens from outside the EU or EEC, certainly not for European citizens, but it applies to all non-Spanish European citizens. It should be noted that whilst this 'new instruction' from Instituto Nacional de Estadistica has applied to some parts of Spain for the past eighteen months, some Municipalities have not heard of it."

My local one has not heard of it. Can anyone confirm whether this is true as I don't know whether to always believe what is printed in magazines especially when they begin with "A reader has reported" - which might be only a rumour."
IMPORTANT: This applies only to foreign persons who are not UE, and have no permanent residence permit.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=jdr;8704388]You must have nice officials if they photocopy your things for you.
QUOTE]

You're right, jdr. But in Ayamonte officials are very, very kind.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 9:22 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

IMPORTANT: This applies only to foreign persons who are not UE, and have no permanent residence permit.
apparently your info is out of date

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=676917

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.