Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How to Sign on the PADRON and become EMPADRONMIENTO

How to Sign on the PADRON and become EMPADRONMIENTO

Old Jul 14th 2010, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile How to Sign on the PADRON and become EMPADRONMIENTO

I have just heard from MichaelH who sometimes post on here that he is preparing an article (first promised in the Resident newspaper) and better still a video of how to do this at Ayamonte Town Hall.

When this is available I will post a link here to enable us to do this over the summer period before we all hide away for the winter.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 8:33 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to Sign on the PADRON and become EMPADRONMIENTO

Originally Posted by John & Kath
I have just heard from MichaelH who sometimes post on here that he is preparing an article (first promised in the Resident newspaper) and better still a video of how to do this at Ayamonte Town Hall.

When this is available I will post a link here to enable us to do this over the summer period before we all hide away for the winter.
is your office open in August?

I have a sneaky feeling ours might not be
Old Jul 14th 2010, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Originally Posted by lynnxa
is your office open in August?

I have a sneaky feeling ours might not be
Good point! Does the Town hall shut down over the Spanish Summer holiday? If so, when does it reopen. I may have to fix my plans to make sure I am there after that.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 10:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: How to Sign on the PADRON and become EMPADRONMIENTO

Originally Posted by Reptonian
Good point! Does the Town hall shut down over the Spanish Summer holiday? If so, when does it reopen. I may have to fix my plans to make sure I am there after that.
No the municipal offices are open all through but I am sure they run on fewer staff but hey this is Spain mannana!
Old Jul 14th 2010, 3:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Technically you can only sign on the Padrone if you actually live there, although some townhalls still let you sign on if they are short of cash.
I was just thinking about the mayor, if he checks on the residents he may block it if he thinks it may effect his power ?
Old Jul 14th 2010, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jdr
Technically you can only sign on the Padrone if you actually live there, although some townhalls still let you sign on if they are short of cash.
I was just thinking about the mayor, if he checks on the residents he may block it if he thinks it may effect his power ?
Lots of us live there but have not signed on yet.

Costa Esuri was designed as a very mixed development with about 900+ parcellas for individual casa's, 2000 town houses for families and 4000 apartments and duplex's which can be residential or holiday. There are Europeans of every nationality who live here and until now not a lot have become Epadronmiento. Now is the time to make our voice heard.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jdr
He can not do anything. Register is an administrative obligation of every citizen. It has many implications for the citizen: gives you access to municipal services (schools, health centers, subsidies), voting rights, etc.; for the municipality: it is also good, the more people more income, greater number of council members and greater powers...
Old Jul 14th 2010, 6:13 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spanish_lawyer
He can not do anything. Register is an administrative obligation of every citizen. It has many implications for the citizen: gives you access to municipal services (schools, health centers, subsidies), voting rights, etc.; for the municipality: it is also good, the more people more income, greater number of council members and greater powers...
yes, of every resident

but I'm pretty sure jdr was talking about people who don't actually live in Spain

the poster he quoted was talking about organising a trip over here to register - so presumably doesn't live here

so, although it's great that the municipality gets money per capita - it isn't really right that they get money for non-residents - unless the law changes & even those who have holiday property here are obliged to register

around here at least you can't sign on the padron until you have registered as resident - so non-residents can no longer empadronar
Old Jul 14th 2010, 6:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

All those who might wish to register and thereby influence the further development and completion of this area have already made a very substantial investment of the order of 6 or 7 figures in Ayamonte. As I say below: -
Old Jul 14th 2010, 6:51 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

All those who might wish to register and thereby influence the further development and completion of this area have already made a very substantial investment of the order of 6 or 7 figures in Ayamonte. As I say below: -
so can non-residents sign on the padron there then?

it used to be possible here - but isn't now
Old Jul 14th 2010, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

so can non-residents sign on the padron there then?

it used to be possible here - but isn't now
I did but we will let you know when we test the system in August.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 6:55 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

I did but we will let you know when we test the system in August.
that's what I was wondering - when we originally did it was possible - even positively encouraged - although we were actually living here in our case anyway (although we didn't have 'residencia')

then when they did away with 'residencia' & introduced the 'residents list' they eventually started insisting on proof of being a resident before you could empadronar
Old Jul 14th 2010, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

that's what I was wondering - when we originally did it was possible - even positively encouraged - although we were actually living here in our case anyway (although we didn't have 'residencia')

then when they did away with 'residencia' & introduced the 'residents list' they eventually started insisting on proof of being a resident before you could empadronar
As I said before we got ours on a plot so they must have known we did not live there now that we do we will have to get our name on the residents list. Of course we already have an NIE and are on the Padron and have returned our tax form to the Hacienda so I do not see what that adds to the sum of knowledge.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 11:18 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I think they are tightening up a lot now cos of the shortage of cash, the last time I had to produce Residencia certificate and Padrone, can`t remember what it was for now though.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

The Law said every person living in Spain is obliged to register in the Register of the municipality in which usually resides. Who live in several municipalities must only register where he is living longer.

The registration is independent. A person may be undocumented and be registered. Moreover, to obtain a residence permit must present the certificate of registration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.