Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How many of you are voting in the UK election?

How many of you are voting in the UK election?

Old Apr 10th 2010, 2:46 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How many of you are voting in the UK election?

Originally Posted by lynnxa
you do lose your right after 15 years of leaving the country

of course they have know that have actually left
Que?
Old Apr 10th 2010, 2:55 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatasia
Que?
ok so i missed a word out

of course they have know that you have actually left
Old Apr 10th 2010, 2:56 pm

ok so i missed a word out

of course they have know that you have actually left
how do they know?
Old Apr 10th 2010, 2:58 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

how do they know?
well some people tell them

& I suppose that if you stop claiming things like child benefit

or paying tax & so on

they might just notice.........................
Old Apr 10th 2010, 3:06 pm

well some people tell them

& I suppose that if you stop claiming things like child benefit

or paying tax & so on

they might just notice.........................
I'll take your word for it. My old man told 'em a while back that he's the only one living at the address. Yet I'm still registered. Not that it matters that much.

Btw are there any elections you can vote in over there? Here I pay income tax & local ward tax yet cannot vote in any local/national elections.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 6:16 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

I'll take your word for it. My old man told 'em a while back that he's the only one living at the address. Yet I'm still registered. Not that it matters that much.

Btw are there any elections you can vote in over there? Here I pay income tax & local ward tax yet cannot vote in any local/national elections.
we can vote in local & European elections

as long as they know we're here & we're registered to vote

Spoiler:
in other words if we've signed the resident's register, gone on the padron & registered to vote - as so many don't
Old Apr 10th 2010, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: How many of you are voting in the UK election?

we can vote in local & European elections

as long as they know we're here & we're registered to vote

Spoiler:
in other words if we've signed the resident's register, gone on the padron & registered to vote - as so many don't
You must sign on the Padron and make sure your name is on the electorial roll.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 6:30 pm
around

w1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud of

Im not going to , im feed up with all there cow dung. Im in spain at the mo , when i go home i'll lots of crap through the door i'll not read. Think i've only voted 2x in my life. I don't like my name against a number so they now who ive voted for.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 6:51 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Does it really make any difference ..... they are ALL a bunch of crackpots, in it for themselves
Old Apr 11th 2010, 6:26 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by John & Kath
You must sign on the Padron and make sure your name is on the electorial roll.
that's what the spoiler says
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:17 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

We are registered as non-resident Voters in the UK and our son, who is our proxy, will vote on our behalf in the General Election.

If we happened to be in the UK at that time, we could vote in person.

We can vote in Parliamentary and European elections in the UK and in Spain we can vote in the Council ones (we did not register for the Europeans in Spain).
Old Apr 11th 2010, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

You should vote, insist on voting and be able to vote...
where you live!
Old Apr 11th 2010, 1:00 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lenox
You should vote, insist on voting and be able to vote...
where you live!

I disagree. I don't want non-UK citizens voting in the UK, fine if they take on UK citizenship. Equally, unless you take on Spanish citizenship I don't see that you should be allowed to take part in choosing the Spanish government. It's not a case of just taxes and spending, the government may need to call on its citizens to fight in times of war. If you've not taken on citizenship you're not showing 100% commitment to that country.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

savateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nice

I deffo will vote as I feel this is probably one of the most important votes in the history of this great nation.

Don't wish to ram my view's down anyone throats on here, as this isn't a political forum. However, I have a strong vested interest in the Armed Forces, which I feel have been very poorly served recently, also add to that infringments on civil lilberties, criminilisation of the masses............ I could go on, but won't, as this isn't the place.

I can understand some people feeling their so disilusioned, they can't be bothered. But I feel they should, as if you don't, you relinquish the right to protest if you get a Government you don't agree with.

Re the not counting people who leave the country, has that not been done away with ?

Don't expats get the chance to cast their votes early in order to beat postal delays etc ?
Old Apr 11th 2010, 1:16 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by savateur
I deffo will vote as I feel this is probably one of the most important votes in the history of this great nation.

Don't wish to ram my view's down anyone throats on here, as this isn't a political forum. However, I have a strong vested interest in the Armed Forces, which I feel have been very poorly served recently, also add to that infringments on civil lilberties, criminilisation of the masses............ I could go on, but won't, as this isn't the place.

I can understand some people feeling their so disilusioned, they can't be bothered. But I feel they should, as if you don't, you relinquish the right to protest if you get a Government you don't agree with.

Re the not counting people who leave the country, has that not been done away with ?

Don't expats get the chance to cast their votes early in order to beat postal delays etc ?
I left that country because of the way it was getting dragged down. If I get the chance to vote for someone who might change it and make it a bit better (Surely nobody could do a worse job than those that rule at the minute) then I'll be blowed if I won't try my hardest to get a vote in there somehow. Maybe I won't ever live there again but I have a lot of friends and family that do and I would only want what's best for them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.