Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How many goals will the world's best team score today?

How many goals will the world's best team score today?

Old Nov 12th 2011, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many goals will the world's best team score today?

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I am but please don't tar me with the brush you are thinking of, thank you.
You don't know what I'm thinking at all.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
European would come last for me.

Mackem first,
English second,
British third

and I've changer my mind about European, it wouldn't even figure on my list.

Having said that I don't mind the Spanish too much.
They are mostly ok guys.
European wouldn't enter my head. A stupid metaphor if ever there was one. Perhaps those that like to identify with this metaphor could explain what it means to them to be European and how it differentiates from being a "A citizen of the Northern Hemisphere" or "World citizen"
Old Nov 12th 2011, 4:18 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuboy
European wouldn't enter my head. A stupid metaphor if ever there was one. Perhaps those that like to identify with this metaphor could explain what it means to them to be European and how it differentiates from being a "A citizen of the Northern Hemisphere" or "World citizen"
Yeh, I haven't a clue precisely what it means either.

To try to bring such a diverse set of countries together under one set of laws, rules and regulations which half of them choose to ignore anyway, is ludicrous in the extreme and little more than a sad attempt to take the first step in destroying the individual cultures and identities of each.

More than likely it will all end up in tears or chaos, just as the attempt to impose a one size fits all currency was doomed to failure from the start.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't like the answer don't ask the question in the first place nor make silly comments.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

If you don't like the answer don't ask the question in the first place nor make silly comments.
I presume this is directed at me.

Isn't the whole point of "Siesta time" to make comments and ask questions?
Old Nov 12th 2011, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

stuboy .... I make a comment that I want Spain to win, you post a silly comment on my nationality. My nationality has nothing to do with the thread nor with my choice of who I want to win. You then make further comment my reply to another post.

Not that it has anything to do with this thread, the reason i put european is that as I am not living in my country of birth nor on the Island it is part of but am living in a member state of the european Union I am therefore classed as a European. Quite simple and not really relevant to anything for me but again I was asked the question then get slated for it. Silly childish and not worth any further resopnse from me. Back to watching the skill the Spanish is their short passing and seeing who scores next.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 6:03 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

At a rough guess I would say none.

Just a guess,mind you
Old Nov 12th 2011, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see that our resident football experts clearly know even less than I do about the game!
Old Nov 12th 2011, 6:16 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Who took the mickey out of my prediction

Graham
Old Nov 12th 2011, 6:16 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Think I must have gone a bit mutton jeff, I don't seem able to hear any fireworks tonight.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy .... I make a comment that I want Spain to win, you post a silly comment on my nationality. My nationality has nothing to do with the thread nor with my choice of who I want to win. You then make further comment my reply to another post.

Not that it has anything to do with this thread, the reason i put european is that as I am not living in my country of birth nor on the Island it is part of but am living in a member state of the european Union I am therefore classed as a European. Quite simple and not really relevant to anything for me but again I was asked the question then get slated for it. Silly childish and not worth any further resopnse from me. Back to watching the skill the Spanish is their short passing and seeing who scores next.
The vast majority of threads end up having little to do with the original post as you well know. You made assumptions about the original question I proposed and commented based on those assumptions. As to the European issue there is huge difference between being classed/defined as a European and identifying personally with this title.
PS Sorry you lost
Old Nov 12th 2011, 6:25 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by The Oddities

Graham
Yeh but you gave Spain credit for scoring a goal.

Personally I couldn't see them scoring if they played all night.

Just as well we only used the reserve team or else we'd really have been taken them to the cleaners.

Now where's that C'man, I only hope he hasn't turned suicidal.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Be fair, they did come close towards the end, but certainly in the first half, lots of pretty, pouncy stuff in midfield, but not a shot on goal. Probably only two shots on target all game. Must have been another fluke!
Old Nov 12th 2011, 6:52 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities

Graham
Not me! We may not have got the score completely correct, but we got the result right! Time for a virtual glass of cava...err... I mean gold label!
Old Nov 12th 2011, 7:01 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Just as well we only used the reserve team or else we'd really have been taken them to the cleaners.

Now where's that C'man, I only hope he hasn't turned suicidal.
Originally Posted by agoreira
Be fair, they did come close towards the end, but certainly in the first half, lots of pretty, pouncy stuff in midfield, but not a shot on goal. Probably only two shots on target all game. Must have been another fluke!
Same old .... Same old .... Predictable anti Spain crap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.