Reload this Page >

How long did it take you...?

How long did it take you...?

Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Bettyboobird is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile How long did it take you...?

Hi there!

My husband and I are in the VERY early stages of discussing moving to southern Spain. We have two girls under 3 years old.

I have already lived in Sardinia for a year, so I am aware of how 'different' life, and paperwork, can be abroad!

I just wondered, as a matter of interest, how long did it take YOU to decide that the move to Spain was the right choice? How long did the process take you?

Any annecdotes would be gratefully receiceved.

Thanks,

Elizabeth
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:01 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long did it take you...?

Originally Posted by Bettyboobird
Hi there!

My husband and I are in the VERY early stages of discussing moving to southern Spain. We have two girls under 3 years old.

I have already lived in Sardinia for a year, so I am aware of how 'different' life, and paperwork, can be abroad!

I just wondered, as a matter of interest, how long did it take YOU to decide that the move to Spain was the right choice? How long did the process take you?

Thanks,

Elizabeth
Hi Elizabeth, welcome.

The best advice I can give you at this stage is to have a look around the forum.

The search button is top right, just type in anything and I can guarantee that its been covered before.

If it isnt ask away, we are all a friendly bunch, but be warned, we like to have a laugh.

As I said, welcome.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Elizabeth. Welcome. Im still in the UK so cant answer Im afraid. However, you are asking on a Saturday night so, if you have read previous threads before posting on here, you will know what its like. It can get off topic at times but please bear with us. (Like I know what Im talking about... Ive been on here less than a month myself! )
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

RM I seem to be following you around. I`m really not stalking you.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:06 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebsyW
RM I seem to be following you around. I`m really not stalking you.
Yeah...............whatever.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Bettyboobird is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: How long did it take you...?

Thank you both for your quick replies!

I have only just found this site, it looked informative and fun, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I shall now go and use the search facility, but my original post still stands-if you would like to share your story, my husband and I will be happy to read it!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yeah...............whatever.
Or maybe I am....
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have only just found this site, it looked informative and fun, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I shall now go and use the search facility, but my original post still stands-if you would like to share your story, my husband and I will be happy to read it!
RM will keep you up all night by all accounts with what he is saying on another thread
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:11 pm
Straw Man.

There will be loads of people happy to give you stories, and if you are patient they will make it from their terraces and chilled G&T's to their computers to let you know, but be patient!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

There will be loads of people happy to give you stories, and if you are patient they will make it from their terraces and chilled G&T's to their computers to let you know, but be patient!
Its Sabado Noche, they will be hanging out til the heat has gone,

for me Im still deciding on whether to have another bash at it
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:15 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by andyrich666

for me Im still deciding on whether to have another bash at it
the bishop?
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future

Or sat here from the terrace and fingers make the laptop. Normally a good punch at this time of night does but tonight the laptop is lucky, got a nice lunch to be at tomorrow so the normal amount ain't sank down tonight.

Though Spain will turn you into a piss head ha ha, cue a Rugby Matt gag about a mod
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:51 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there!

Thanks,

Elizabeth
From the initial thought to actually moving here took about 5 years, although we bought here 2 years before we moved.

Its an important step, and you can never be 100% sure that its going to work for you, but doing loads of research and not rushing into it can make the odds better for you
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:52 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebsyW
Hi Elizabeth. Welcome. Im still in the UK so cant answer Im afraid. However, you are asking on a Saturday night so, if you have read previous threads before posting on here, you will know what its like. It can get off topic at times but please bear with us. (Like I know what Im talking about... Ive been on here less than a month myself! )
Yeh you may have only been here only a month but you fit in so well and you passed you initiation with flying colours
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
From the initial thought to actually moving here took about 5 years, although we bought here 2 years before we moved.

Its an important step, and you can never be 100% sure that its going to work for you, but doing loads of research and not rushing into it can make the odds better for you
I never answered your question sorry after reading Mitzy's. I woke up early last year and thought i want to move to Spain. Always had an idea i wanted to do but woke and thought right that's it. A good few months later i am here and loving it. Loads of new friends and contacts etc. Though i can work from anywhere as long as i have my laptop so a hell of a lot easier and no money worries for me etc.

Good luck

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.