Reload this Page >

how to get a telefonica email address/homepage

how to get a telefonica email address/homepage

Old Apr 4th 2007, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

usinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how to get a telefonica email address/homepage

Hi,

I have a phone and email connection via my telefonica line. I want to set up an email account and homepage with them, but when I try to do this online I get a page which asks for my id and password which I dont have. The page says that if you dont have these then phone telefonica 900502010 . I have tried to do this but it seems to be a recorded message. I phoned 1004 and spoke to an english speaker, but they said to phone the internet no. which I was already trying. Please could anyone say how I can do this. Im about to cancel my uk internet sub. so I need to set this up soon. Thanks.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 2:43 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how to get a telefonica email address/homepage

Originally Posted by usinspain
Hi,

I have a phone and email connection via my telefonica line. I want to set up an email account and homepage with them, but when I try to do this online I get a page which asks for my id and password which I dont have. The page says that if you dont have these then phone telefonica 900502010 . I have tried to do this but it seems to be a recorded message. I phoned 1004 and spoke to an english speaker, but they said to phone the internet no. which I was already trying. Please could anyone say how I can do this. Im about to cancel my uk internet sub. so I need to set this up soon. Thanks.
Hi usinspain,

Why pay for something when you can get it for free?

Google does both emails and homepages.

So does yahoo.

The number for telefonica regarding web related issues (email and webspace) is only in Spanish and from what I've heard some that have used it were not very happy with the service. But then again, they may have improved....I don't really know. We have ADSL and phone line with telefonica but have never bothered with anything else they provide.

Best of luck,
Martha
Old Apr 4th 2007, 3:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

You will need your username and password to set it up, I set mine up with these then changed my password and all worked well for a couple of years, but now i cant access the site.
Despite numerous emails to and from the techies who say they can access the site with my current details, I still cant get on.
I even offered a bribe if they would come to my house and show me the magic logon they must have.
I had previously also thought of having a website with them, but thankfully I didn`t. If they cant run an email address properly, what chance is a website......
Old Apr 4th 2007, 3:13 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi usinspain,
Why pay for something when you can get it for free?
Google does both emails and homepages.
So does yahoo.
The number for telefonica regarding web related issues (email and webspace) is only in Spanish and from what I've heard some that have used it were not very happy with the service. But then again, they may have improved....I don't really know. We have ADSL and phone line with telefonica but have never bothered with anything else they provide.
Best of luck,
Martha
Yes there are any number of alternatives, and in my mind the less you have your eggs in one basket the better. I can access my emails from anywhere in the world through another supplier. I also have adsl & phone with Telfonica only because I have no other choice.

The Internet dept in Madrid IS a bit of a nightmare. I tried in my (bad) Spanish a while back and although I thought I had failed when the operator put the phone down, the following day an english speaker called me back and said it had been fixed. Also gave me his mobile number in case of more problems.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 3:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yes there are any number of alternatives, and in my mind the less you have your eggs in one basket the better. I can access my emails from anywhere in the world through another supplier. I also have adsl & phone with Telfonica only because I have no other choice.

The Internet dept in Madrid IS a bit of a nightmare. I tried in my (bad) Spanish a while back and although I thought I had failed when the operator put the phone down, the following day an english speaker called me back and said it had been fixed. Also gave me his mobile number in case of more problems.
I got that, but when i tried the mobile.... beep beep beep. lol
Old Apr 4th 2007, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

The recorded message gives you your log in details and it identifies you from your CLI. You then use this page to set it up:

http://telefonica.terra.es/paneldeco...activacion.htm

Subsequently you log in from the control panel:

http://telefonica.terra.es/paneldeco...rreo/index.htm

I have had mine for several years with no problems.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 3:27 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
You will need your username and password to set it up, I set mine up with these then changed my password and all worked well for a couple of years, but now i cant access the site.
Despite numerous emails to and from the techies who say they can access the site with my current details, I still cant get on.
I even offered a bribe if they would come to my house and show me the magic logon they must have.
I had previously also thought of having a website with them, but thankfully I didn`t. If they cant run an email address properly, what chance is a website......
You are OBVIOUSLY not acquainted with Pepe
Old Apr 4th 2007, 3:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: Pepe and I still can`t access my account.

I still get my emails in IE and opera though.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

usinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for your replies. I will try both the links, and also the idea of setting up a google account. Its so good to have found a site where I can get support, and in English too! Thanks again
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Thank you all for your replies. I will try both the links, and also the idea of setting up a google account. Its so good to have found a site where I can get support, and in English too! Thanks again
I think g mail you have to be invited to join, but hotmail and yahoo you can set up an account on their websites.

You can get Gmail accounts onThis site

Last edited by jdr; Apr 4th 2007 at 8:54 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I think g mail you have to be invited to join, but hotmail and yahoo you can set up an account on their websites.

I have a gmail account, you can't just invite peeps, you get so many chances to do so. I will access my account (when i rem my passsword) and see if I have any invites left.
It wont be till tomorrow though.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

mka2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr

You can get Gmail accounts onThis site
gmail is now open for any one to register
Old Apr 5th 2007, 6:43 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by mka2
gmail is now open for any one to register
Thanks, shows you how long ago I used it, lol
Old Apr 5th 2007, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Thanks, shows you how long ago I used it, lol
lol, me too
Old Apr 6th 2007, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

pm me an email address that you use and I can invite you should you so wish.