Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

HOW TO GET ONLINE IN SPAIN THE ANSWERS

HOW TO GET ONLINE IN SPAIN THE ANSWERS

Old May 24th 2008, 8:25 pm
Banned

advent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up HOW TO GET ONLINE IN SPAIN THE ANSWERS

THIS IS A SERIOUS THREAD NO HIJACKING
I think its a good idea if everyone who has an internet conection in spain post here.Please do not discuss on here,just share your own details based on fact.
1,what type of internet,ie mobile,fixed wireles
2,what speed do you have
3,how long you can be online for ie is it non stop or after 6pm etc
4,how long a term is the contract.
5,how reliable is your connection.
6,what area of spain are you in
7,any cost for install
8,how much does it cost a month
PLEASE ANSWER IN THIS ORDER IT WILL HELP ALL COMPARE COSTS ETC.
Old May 24th 2008, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Spanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: HOW TO GET ONLINE IN SPAIN THE ANSWERS

1-Wireless
2-11mbps
3-Endless
4-(SNIP)
5-Excellent
6-Benalmadena,Costa Del Sol
7-None
8-Zip......

ps..I am confused as to why you want this info....I thought you live in Romania?..

Last edited by Mitzyboy; May 24th 2008 at 10:25 pm. Reason: Rule 3
Old May 24th 2008, 9:13 pm
Banned

advent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of lightadvent7006 is a glorious beacon of light

John,now ive had to add a post that should not be on here,I am in romania but still have a place in spain,this thread again i will say is in everyones intrest,now please only post your info,if people want more info from you they can email you.
Old May 24th 2008, 9:43 pm
Banned

bokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the rough

1. Telefonica landline with ADSL router and WiFi.
  2. Rated 2 megs, actual speed 1184 kbs down stream and 320 kbs up stream
  3. Nailed up connection (24 hours).
  4. Not sure, probably 1 year minimum. I've had the connection 3.5 years.
  5. 100%. It used to be terrible in the summer but I found this was down to voltage drop on the household supply rather than a problem with the phone line. I changed to a high output power supply to the router and now it works flawlessly.
  6. Alicante province. I'm 6.5 km from the telephone office which is near the limit for ADSL. Rural connects are slower but allow a bit more distance.
  7. Optional. Either do it yourself or have an engineer round. I bought the first router from Telefonica but that was damaged by a lightning strike.
  8. Telefonica Duo, costs 38 euros/month on top of the basic rental fee. For that you get free local and national calls and full time ADSL with no data quantity restrictions.

Originally Posted by Spanish John
2-11mbps
That's your LAN speed and has nothing to do with your connection speed.
Old May 24th 2008, 9:56 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

(SNIP - Rule 3)

1. Telefonica landline with ADSL router and WiFi.
2. Rated 1 megs, actual speed 800 kbs ish down stream and 260 kbs up stream
3. 24 hours
4. Not sure, probably 1 year minimum.
5. Extremely good.
6. Valencia province - Ontinyent in Campo so I should only really get 512 K
7. Optional. Either do it yourself or have an engineer round. I bought the first router from Telefonica but that was damaged so I installed my own wireless netgear one.
8. ADSL 24H from Telefonica is 39,90 per month on top of the basic rental fee (which for me is 13,974). For that you get free local and national calls and full time ADSL with no data quantity restrictions.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; May 24th 2008 at 10:45 pm.
Old May 25th 2008, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by advent7006
THIS IS A SERIOUS THREAD NO HIJACKING
I think its a good idea if everyone who has an internet conection in spain post here.Please do not discuss on here,just share your own details based on fact.
1,what type of internet,ie mobile,fixed wireles
2,what speed do you have
7,any cost for install
8,how much does it cost a month
PLEASE ANSWER IN THIS ORDER IT WILL HELP ALL COMPARE COSTS ETC.
Can you edit your post and ask the question what restrictions are on the service, if the download is capped or it is capped at certain times of the day.

for some BB users this will be quite important I feel.
Old May 25th 2008, 4:50 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

1,what type of internet,ie mobile,fixed wireless
ADSL
2,what speed do you have
By contract 3Gig, but in reality about 1gig.
24/7
No idea
Ok until either we have rain when the connection can fail sometimes or we are low in electricity then the router stops working.
Galicia
7,any cost for install
None as we are into computers!
8,how much does it cost a month.
49€ with all national calls included. (plus IVA)
Old May 25th 2008, 8:30 am
Banned

bokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
2,what speed do you have
By contract 3Gig, but in reality about 1gig.
Be serious!