Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How to find a rental property in Cadiz?

How to find a rental property in Cadiz?

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to find a rental property in Cadiz?

Originally Posted by Aussie30
Thanks for that, hmmmm, how windy are we talking here?

Cool, which part of Australia is he from? We're from Adelaide.
Tarifa is the windiest place in Europe I believe (or windiest place in Spain, cant remember the fact).

But very windy. Great little place though.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 6:40 pm
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, so pretty windy then! Is it like that all year round or is it seasonal?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:08 am
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Maybe a different answer in post 12 would of been better then ?

It's 'have' not 'of' - I just thought you'd like to know as you like things to be so correct

(blows kisses back)

Last edited by lunacrout; Nov 4th 2009 at 1:00 am.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:08 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lunacrout
It's 'have' not 'of' - I just thought you'd like to know as you like things to be so correct

(blows kisses back)

Some other smart arse PC already posted this on another thread.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lunacrout

(blows kisses back)

Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:48 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

OK, thanks for that, I really appreciate all of this advice, it is so hard moving to another country, I thought moving to the UK from Australia was hard but this is a whole new level!
We're going for a drive to Cadiz tomorrow to check it out and the surrounding areas.
Let us know how you got on and what towns you liked.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 8:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
Let us know how you got on and what towns you liked.
Thanks for that, I will!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

Hi everyone,
Thought I'd give you an update on how it's all going!
Well, today we drove down to Cadiz which we thought was nice, then we drove down to Chiclana and met with a local real estate agent who told us to check out Conil, well we fell in love with it and are now waiting to hear back from the agent with some places to check out tomorrow & later in the week. I'm feeling really happy that we finally found somewhere we both love! Let's hope they can now find us the perfect place.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 10:34 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,
Thought I'd give you an update on how it's all going!
Well, today we drove down to Cadiz which we thought was nice, then we drove down to Chiclana and met with a local real estate agent who told us to check out Conil, well we fell in love with it and are now waiting to hear back from the agent with some places to check out tomorrow & later in the week. I'm feeling really happy that we finally found somewhere we both love! Let's hope they can now find us the perfect place.
I knew I'd forgotten somewhere - Conil is a good place, couple of decent bars and even has a Chinese! (6 years ago that was a real luxury in the costa de la luz). I seem to remember a mexican had started up but I haven't been back in Conil for 3 years.

I gets super-super-busy in the summer as its a prime Spanish holiday town so be aware. Nice beach - the beach is the same up and down the coast - wide and windswept.

Might be a little bit less cosmopolitan than Tarifa but should have plenty of furnished (holiday) lets, getting broadband in your holiday let (in a decent timescale) might be tedious. Beware noisy mopeds - bedroom at the back will be better than on the front of the property.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 10:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
I knew I'd forgotten somewhere - Conil is a good place, couple of decent bars and even has a Chinese! (6 years ago that was a real luxury in the costa de la luz). I seem to remember a mexican had started up but I haven't been back in Conil for 3 years.

I gets super-super-busy in the summer as its a prime Spanish holiday town so be aware. Nice beach - the beach is the same up and down the coast - wide and windswept.

Might be a little bit less cosmopolitan than Tarifa but should have plenty of furnished (holiday) lets, getting broadband in your holiday let (in a decent timescale) might be tedious. Beware noisy mopeds - bedroom at the back will be better than on the front of the property.
We love it! We looked at each other and said 'This is it' We're only planning on renting a place for 3 months so the whole getting busy in Summer issue won't affect us! Apparently there is a lot of different cultures there now too. We were just blown away by how beautiful it is and the whole feeling it had. I just can't wait to find somewhere to live now so we can get the hell out of Seville!
Old Nov 5th 2009, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

We love it! We looked at each other and said 'This is it' We're only planning on renting a place for 3 months so the whole getting busy in Summer issue won't affect us! Apparently there is a lot of different cultures there now too. We were just blown away by how beautiful it is and the whole feeling it had. I just can't wait to find somewhere to live now so we can get the hell out of Seville!
Glad that you liked Conil, we love it and still do after nearly 6 years. Dont bother with the Chinese though its rubbish but there are some other very nice places to eat there. If you need any info PM me.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 8:22 pm
Democracy advocate

Originally Posted by jo-ann
Glad that you liked Conil, we love it and still do after nearly 6 years. Dont bother with the Chinese though its rubbish but there are some other very nice places to eat there. If you need any info PM me.
Well its certainly not as good as a UK Chinese, but it was the only one in a 25 mile radius at the time. After a couple of years with no Asian (or any non-Spanish) food it was an oasis.

What non-Spanish restaurants would you suggest, next time I am back in the area it would be useful to know.