Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How to find a rental property in Cadiz?

How to find a rental property in Cadiz?

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 6:59 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to find a rental property in Cadiz?

Originally Posted by Aussie30
Actually we are both EU citizens as we have British passports, so it's not a problem!
Maybe a different answer in post 12 would of been better then ?
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:08 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I dont think the question of visa requirements was asked or being discussed at that point though
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:50 am
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
What do you mean?
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
Are you city-dwellers or town dwellers?

Down the coast I would look at Vejer and also consider Tarifa. Chiclana and Barbate don't do a lot for me although Barrosa beach is nice and Zahara de los Atunes has a wicked beach but is probably a bit quiet.

For 3-6 months Tarifa might work out better - cosmopolitan enough (for Cadiz province which is not the most cosmopolitan part of Spain) to be interesting, bound to be able to have broadband and possibly used to short-term furnished lets due to the windsurfing crowd.

Central Cadiz would be pretty good, especially in the old town - you wouldn't need to use the car much so parking whilst a pain wouldn't be terminal on a daily basis. Pick somewhere near the cathedral. I'd like to live in downtown Cadiz at some point, note that the spoken Spanish in Cadiz area can be a little "thick" to understand.

Thanks so much for all of the advice and info, that is great! We are going to try and check out some of these places in the next couple of days.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 9:52 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for all of the advice and info, that is great! We are going to try and check out some of these places in the next couple of days.
If you are hotelling I'd recommend the Hotel Argantonio HERE
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 10:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
If you are hotelling I'd recommend the Hotel Argantonio HERE

Thanks!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Are you city-dwellers or town dwellers?

Down the coast I would look at Vejer and also consider Tarifa. Chiclana and Barbate don't do a lot for me although Barrosa beach is nice and Zahara de los Atunes has a wicked beach but is probably a bit quiet.

For 3-6 months Tarifa might work out better - cosmopolitan enough (for Cadiz province which is not the most cosmopolitan part of Spain) to be interesting, bound to be able to have broadband and possibly used to short-term furnished lets due to the windsurfing crowd.

Central Cadiz would be pretty good, especially in the old town - you wouldn't need to use the car much so parking whilst a pain wouldn't be terminal on a daily basis. Pick somewhere near the cathedral. I'd like to live in downtown Cadiz at some point, note that the spoken Spanish in Cadiz area can be a little "thick" to understand.
Tarifa is very windy and much too touristy for my mind. At least Chiclana is a working town, so out of season it doesn´t "die". I asked if you were an Aussie as my son in law who lives here is a Kiwi and his neighbour is also an Aussie.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 12:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I am indeed an Aussie, all the way from Adelaide
Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I dont think the question of visa requirements was asked or being discussed at that point though
What do you mean?
True, but he/she said they were an Ozzy, not an EU citizen. ;-)
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jdr
True, but he/she said they were an Ozzy, not an EU citizen. ;-)
Yes, and there are lots of Australians who are also EU citizens as many of us have parents who were born there! I didn't realise having an EU passport meant that I was no longer an Australian, having been born there and lived there for my entire life up until 1 year ago!

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 2:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Tarifa is very windy and much too touristy for my mind. At least Chiclana is a working town, so out of season it doesn´t "die". I asked if you were an Aussie as my son in law who lives here is a Kiwi and his neighbour is also an Aussie.
Thanks for that, hmmmm, how windy are we talking here?

Cool, which part of Australia is he from? We're from Adelaide.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 5:10 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Yes, and there are lots of Australians who are also EU citizens as many of us have parents who were born there! I didn't realise having an EU passport meant that I was no longer an Australian, having been born there and lived there for my entire life up until 1 year ago!

My query was that you said you was an Ozzy and they need visas for Spain, if you said you had dual nationality I wouldn`t have bothered to try and help an Ozzy.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 5:26 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, hmmmm, how windy are we talking here?

Cool, which part of Australia is he from? We're from Adelaide.
It can be pretty windy down there as it is prime windsurfing territory - then again it can be pretty windy all the way up the coast to Cadiz - the are is well known for the Levante wind.

I guessed that there would be an easier opportunity for a short-term furnished let as they are used to people coming for a few months to windsurf.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

It can be pretty windy down there as it is prime windsurfing territory .
It's only windy when they turn on those big fans
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 6:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jdr
My query was that you said you was an Ozzy and they need visas for Spain, if you said you had dual nationality I wouldn`t have bothered to try and help an Ozzy.
But I did tell you, straight after you asked the question? Hmmm, might need to invest in some sort of mind reading apparatus around these parts!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 6:19 pm
Account Closed

It can be pretty windy down there as it is prime windsurfing territory - then again it can be pretty windy all the way up the coast to Cadiz - the are is well known for the Levante wind.

I guessed that there would be an easier opportunity for a short-term furnished let as they are used to people coming for a few months to windsurf.
OK, thanks for that, I really appreciate all of this advice, it is so hard moving to another country, I thought moving to the UK from Australia was hard but this is a whole new level!
We're going for a drive to Cadiz tomorrow to check it out and the surrounding areas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.