Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How to Educate People about Neutering Pets...#2

How to Educate People about Neutering Pets...#2

Old Nov 18th 2012, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default How to Educate People about Neutering Pets...#2

So if you were trying to 'spread the word' about pet-neutering in Spain specifically, what animal-based websites/forums/pages/etc would you feel were most important to target for discussions? As with the previous thread I started, I'm still only really on the edges of the local charity but if I can point in the right direction occasionally I think it might help.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to Educate People about Neutering Pets...#2

Originally Posted by fionamw
So if you were trying to 'spread the word' about pet-neutering in Spain specifically, what animal-based websites/forums/pages/etc would you feel were most important to target for discussions? As with the previous thread I started, I'm still only really on the edges of the local charity but if I can point in the right direction occasionally I think it might help.
Most towns have their own web sites, that might be a good place to start as you would be reaching the local people.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 10:26 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

I would target the school children, they have a greater effect on the parents and attitudes.

I would also ensure the general treatment of animals including pets was covered. Especially the "throw away" attitude when not needed or wanted for whatever the reason.

hth

`
Old Nov 19th 2012, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

All the animal welfare groups have pages on Facebook. For example

No al Maltrato Animal

Partido Animalista on Facebook
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
All the animal welfare groups have pages on Facebook. For example

No al Maltrato Animal

Partido Animalista on Facebook
Thanks all... sorry I seem to have removed my post notification .. In fact one of the admin of the FB group, Axarquia Online Animal Rescue, is posting today about needing to spread the word about re-homing - which is of course two (or several) steps up the line. There's catching, treating, feeding, neutering/chipping, fostering, and re-homing. And it's all an uphill battle for those at the sharp end, of which I'm not one. I just feel I should do my bit to spread the word!
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

flotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond repute

Our local vet has a huge poster display on her wall giving all the benefits to the animals for neutering, she has positioned it so as you sit and wait its right in front of you, the only thing you have to read! All our neighbours thought that we were putting our dogs through suffering, they could not believe how bouncy and happy they were the next day. When we had the last dog done the vet said to the rest of the customers waiting that she was 4 hours post surgery and showed them how well she was, maybe asking some of the local vets for space on their walls to positively promote it would help. Our previous vet only has pet toys on her walls, totally different priorities!
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Next time you're in there, could you take a close look and sometime post what the poster is (ie who produced it) so I can maybe download/tell the vets around here? Thanks
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

flotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond repute

Its obviously homemade by the vet, very heartfelt but I was wondering whether some of the charities could approach a medical rep for vets or nutrition company such as Hills to produce them and give them out. I often found in previous life that big companies such as Smith and Nephew would do this as part of marketing.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 23rd 2012, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry it's a bit big! But lots of good points there.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 1:35 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

one of the most enduring adverts was
A dog is for Life not just for Christmas
on TV, bumper stickers etc
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 8:58 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

To my mind the remedy is simple.
Close all so called pet shops selling animals.
Make it illegal to own an animal that has not beeneutereded.
Any breeder to be strictlicensedced & again illegal to sell any animal unless neutered first.

Still I know that a law like that anywhere in Europe has about as much chance being passed as ...................... (you know the drill)
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 9:00 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
one of the most enduring adverts was
A dog is for Life not just for Christmas
on TV, bumper stickers etc
A better one ?
A dog is basically a shitting/pissing machine
Old Nov 24th 2012, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by playamonte
A better one ?
A dog is basically a shitting/pissing machine
But more relevant, a dog (or cat) is basically a reproduction machine.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fionamw
But more relevant, a dog (or cat) is basically a reproduction machine.
Trouble is, as I'm sure you are aware, to some people this also means they are money-making machines.

One of my neighbours has just sold six podenco pups for €50 each. If the father (unknown) had been a pod too, they would have fetched a lot more. He wouldn't dream of getting his bitch neutered.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.