Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How do you denounce in Spain?

How do you denounce in Spain?

Old May 19th 2009, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of
Default How do you denounce in Spain?

I have had a few quarms with a Hotel I used to work since it's reopened.
Basically I worked in entertainment for 10 years for one hotel up until it closed down 2 years ago. Now that it has reopened they have a new entertainment manager(which Im not happy about) who was the entertainment manager for another hotel in the same group but has moved the my old hotel,and now he does Bingo for cash and earns himself a shed loads of money. Ive been snubbed out of my old job which I had to reapply for basically because I wouldnt have stood for this. The bingo is illegal. I know because they haven't got a licence so I want to do something about it to get his money making scheme stopped.
The Hotel allows the bingo but they think they are getting the profits but one entertainer that works with the Entertainment manager says he controls everything and does pocket most of the money but are scared to say anything. I wouldnt be if I was back in my old job hence the reason the Entertainment manager now doesnt want me working there.

I want to denounce the Bingo. What steps do I need to take to do this.?

Last edited by spainboy; May 19th 2009 at 3:10 pm.
Old May 19th 2009, 4:36 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How do you denounce in Spain?

Originally Posted by spainboy
I have had a few quarms with a Hotel I used to work since it's reopened.
Basically I worked in entertainment for 10 years for one hotel up until it closed down 2 years ago. Now that it has reopened they have a new entertainment manager(which Im not happy about) who was the entertainment manager for another hotel in the same group but has moved the my old hotel,and now he does Bingo for cash and earns himself a shed loads of money. Ive been snubbed out of my old job which I had to reapply for basically because I wouldnt have stood for this. The bingo is illegal. I know because they haven't got a licence so I want to do something about it to get his money making scheme stopped.
The Hotel allows the bingo but they think they are getting the profits but one entertainer that works with the Entertainment manager says he controls everything and does pocket most of the money but are scared to say anything. I wouldnt be if I was back in my old job hence the reason the Entertainment manager now doesnt want me working there.

I want to denounce the Bingo. What steps do I need to take to do this.?
Off to the local Ayuntamiento is my guess....
Old May 19th 2009, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

You go to your local police station and say you want to make a denouncement. The police should take up the case there and then.
Old May 20th 2009, 5:09 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
You go to your local police station and say you want to make a denouncement. The police should take up the case there and then.
not the Policia Local though, you need to go to the Guardia Civil
Old May 20th 2009, 5:11 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
not the Policia Local though, you need to go to the Guardia Civil
In fact it's the National Police!

I recently issued a denuncia so know the process well.

I don't know, but you could possibly do it through the Guardia as well.
Old May 20th 2009, 5:37 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
In fact it's the National Police!

I recently issued a denuncia so know the process well.

I don't know, but you could possibly do it through the Guardia as well.
I have used the denuncia process recently too - & went to the Guardia

actually maybe you can do it at the Policia Local too - I seem to remember a friend reporting a stolen bag at the 'local'
Old May 20th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

I think you will find it depends on what you want to denounce as to which police you go to. At a guess I would say for what you mention you could go to the National Police, if they are not interested they will tell who to go to, possibly local police.

Be warned, this happens in most hotels here, not specifically with bingo but I have found there are people always on the make in them with back handers or other so don't hold your hopes too high of getting anywhere as this is common practice in many places, also the local police (if that is where you are sent) appear to becoming less interested in this kind of crime and more interested in things they can fine people for, the main aim now appears to be bringing money into the town hall... at least that is what it seems like on the CDS

HTH
Old May 20th 2009, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Econ
I think you will find it depends on what you want to denounce as to which police you go to. At a guess I would say for what you mention you could go to the National Police, if they are not interested they will tell who to go to, possibly local police.

Be warned, this happens in most hotels here, not specifically with bingo but I have found there are people always on the make in them with back handers or other so don't hold your hopes too high of getting anywhere as this is common practice in many places, also the local police (if that is where you are sent) appear to becoming less interested in this kind of crime and more interested in things they can fine people for, the main aim now appears to be bringing money into the town hall... at least that is what it seems like on the CDS

HTH
I know the local Police have been keen in trying to shut down bingo in bars, infact 2/3 have been raided this year alone and close the bars down and give them a hefty fine to pay.
Surely though if you properly denounce someone they have to follow it up rather than just tell a copper on the streets who may just brush it off.

what is the process of de nouncing?
Old May 20th 2009, 11:29 am
¿Dónde estoy?

I know the local Police have been keen in trying to shut down bingo in bars, infact 2/3 have been raided this year alone and close the bars down and give them a hefty fine to pay.
Surely though if you properly denounce someone they have to follow it up rather than just tell a copper on the streets who may just brush it off.

a 'denuncia' is just a report/complaint to the police
Old May 20th 2009, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly in Fuengirola they are keen to fine businesses and car owners for trivialities while they allow hundreds of immigrants sell pirated goods on the streets with little intervention from them, so as empty shop fronts seem to be on a dramatic increase so are those who are selling their illegal goods quite freely as the latter cannot pay fines, it doesn't take someone to be too smart to see where that will be going.

In the UK you just call the police to look into something, here in Spain you need to go and make out a report/denounce the people or person for the police to look at it.

Last edited by Econ; May 20th 2009 at 11:36 am.
Old May 20th 2009, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Not that im entirely bothered either way but does the person who gets denounced know who has done it or is it all confidencial?
Old May 20th 2009, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Nothing is confidential, in other words if the person who is being denounced asks who denounced them then they will be shown. This is one reason why there are not as many denuncias as there could be.

I remember putting one together against a 'always drunk British' person who was always making a racket with loud music and arguments with his girlfriend at a block where my sister lives, he was even throwing flower pots from his 4th floor balcony to try and hit his girlfriend when leaving after their arguments, these could have killed someone, if not his girlfriend then maybe some poor kid who just happened to be there. I talked to others in the same side of the block, all said he was a problem, some signed the denuncia I made out but when the Spanish where asked to sign then suddenly the guy was not such a problem... in other words because he could have found out their names they didn't want to know.