Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How did you choose your user name?

How did you choose your user name?

Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:06 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did you choose your user name?

Originally Posted by sam parky
I am going to tell you a little thing that happened to me yesterday, well it wasnt little it made me heave!!! I took my little boy (dog not hubby) out for a walk yesterday and he had constipatin Anyway I stood there while he tried with all his mite to do what he had to do and in the end it lookied like it was too big for his bum So as it was sort of half way in and half way out I decided to knock on my neighbours door for some assistance As we were stood there waiting for her to buzz the gate open my little boy decided to have a shake You can probably guess the rest!!! Yep it SPLATTERED all over my legs :curse::curse: Needless to say we both ended up in the shower

Your post made me laugh so much I almost fell off my chair!.. And what does your neighbour do for living?.. just curious ...
Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:23 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
Hello Anabella,
I think either of your names are really pretty, but I especially like Anabella

Now, I'm going to show complete ignorance now, and ask "what sort of game is brisca??" If you say it's something Spanish, I'm going to feel really embarrassed (but I've only been here 15 months!)

Something else I've been meaning to ask you for ages is, "what is tetris??"

Isn't it terrible to admit such ignorance in front of so many people!?
Go in the arcade and try playing tetris, you might like it ...

Brisca is a Spanish game played with cards (Spanish ones) it's similar to the more popular game called tute but you play with 3 cards instead of 10, I would have never guessed that your username was an abreviation for something else, it looks like you didn't know how cool your name was!

If you are interested in knowing more about these games check these links:

http://www.pagat.com/marriage/tute.html
http://www.ludoteka.com/brisca-en.html
Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:45 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by COWBOY_BUILDER
I decided to be honest too.....
Originally Posted by willmore
You two follow each other don't you?
Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
and I actually like volleyball and my name is Kate.
is kate shortfor bob!
Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:56 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maryann
is kate shortfor bob!
yes.....funny name for a girl.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
yes.....funny name for a girl.
morning babe, OH doing the school run, and I am supposed to be packing, off to blighty tonight to drive my brother to Heathrow as he moves to Oz tomorrow. We may get him on this forum!
I am so sad, Even though we dont live near each other any more I shall miss him loads.

x x x
Old Jun 8th 2007, 7:00 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Paulrachel are my parents.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 7:12 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by maryann
morning babe, OH doing the school run, and I am supposed to be packing, off to blighty tonight to drive my brother to Heathrow as he moves to Oz tomorrow. We may get him on this forum!
I am so sad, Even though we dont live near each other any more I shall miss him loads.

x x x
Not had any thought of going to OZ yourself then?
Old Jun 8th 2007, 10:38 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
Your post made me laugh so much I almost fell off my chair!.. And what does your neighbour do for living?.. just curious ...
Maybe a ring cleaner ? lol
Old Jun 8th 2007, 10:41 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brisca
No way Sam!!!

What were you hoping your neighbour was going to do anyway!!??

Hey, while we're on this subject, have you ever had to "help" your boy after he's eaten grass??
My dog eats grass regularly, and on occasion I have been known to use my plastic "pooper scooper" bag, wrapped round my hand........and had to help her ease out a long, stringy bit of grass and "you know what" - otherwise it would never come out!!

The things you do for love!
The worst thing is when you're standing there extracting something disgusting from your dog's bottom, and someone goes by!!

How to bring down the tone, eh?
Hi Sam,

My neighbour provided kitchen roll and warm water then held him up for me while I washed his bum

I had to do the grass removal with my other dog we had in the Uk before she died. Benny had to hold her up (cos she didnt like it) while I got the poop bag, wrapped it round my hands and pulled and pulled till it came out. You could see it must had not been a nice feeling cos she used to squeeze her bum closed Those blades of grass could be really long a bit like the magic trick when they pull all the tied together hankies out of their shirt cuffs lol.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 10:41 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Maybe a ring cleaner ? lol
Its a good job she loves him
Old Jun 8th 2007, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Brisca is a Spanish game played with cards (Spanish ones) it's similar to the more popular game called tute but you play with 3 cards instead of 10, I would have never guessed that your username was an abreviation for something else, it looks like you didn't know how cool your name was!

Thanks for those links Anabella,

I'll have a look soon.
So far my only experience of playing Spanish card games has been with the children in the Plaza! (About my level of understanding )

I don't think I'd better go into the arcade, cos I might just get hooked on tetris according to Rosemary!
I already spend far too much time on this forum as it is!!

I had to force myself NOT to turn the computer on this morning, as I had several jobs I had to get done first!
Old Jun 8th 2007, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
Hi Sam,

My neighbour provided kitchen roll and warm water then held him up for me while I washed his bum

I had to do the grass removal with my other dog we had in the Uk before she died. Benny had to hold her up (cos she didnt like it) while I got the poop bag, wrapped it round my hands and pulled and pulled till it came out. You could see it must had not been a nice feeling cos she used to squeeze her bum closed Those blades of grass could be really long a bit like the magic trick when they pull all the tied together hankies out of their shirt cuffs lol.

I think you and I might be providing just a little bit TOO much information for some people's tastes, you know Sam!!
Old Jun 10th 2007, 1:57 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget Guiñote...the most popular card game in Mañicolandia.

As to usernames, mine is self explanatory...working in metalcasting- though it's been ages since my iron (or Aluminum or steel) pouring days).
Old Jun 10th 2007, 2:27 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

I have been called (amongst other things) Crispy since Feb 1972 when I started work for an Advertising Publisher in Fleet Street. The secretary there who become a wonderful life long friend called me Crispy from the first time she met me and it has just stuck. Sometimes she will call me Crispygirl if I am being a bit to naughty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.