Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How can I find a list of telephone exchanges in my local town in Spain?

How can I find a list of telephone exchanges in my local town in Spain?

Old Nov 6th 2010, 8:20 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How can I find a list of telephone exchanges in my local town in Spain?

Originally Posted by John & Kath View Post
I entered my details and it does not show a map but some of the page was translated and on the google bar I could translate back to Spanish in one click. None of the adverts such as jazztel translated but no map.
I got a map in the end

it would be easy enough to translate the few words on the table of distances & info using a dictionary, even if the OP's computer doesn't like googletranslate or have a functioning cut/copy & paste option
Old Nov 6th 2010, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: How can I find a list of telephone exchanges in my local town in Spain?

Originally Posted by lynnxa View Post
I got a map in the end

it would be easy enough to translate the few words on the table of distances & info using a dictionary, even if the OP's computer doesn't like googletranslate or have a functioning cut/copy & paste option
What did you do to get the Map. I know our address appears on my Satnav and it is also on the cadastral site but I also know that we cannot have a landline since there are no wires in the manhole box outside my front gate but they are 150 m away across the the fairway.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 9:08 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How can I find a list of telephone exchanges in my local town in Spain?

Originally Posted by John & Kath View Post
What did you do to get the Map. I know our address appears on my Satnav and it is also on the cadastral site but I also know that we cannot have a landline since there are no wires in the manhole box outside my front gate but they are 150 m away across the the fairway.
using the middle column - just kept going through the steps adding more address details

I get a map with tables of distances on the right

like this

and no - that's not where I live.............................
Attached Thumbnails How can I find a list of telephone exchanges in my local town in Spain?-2010-11-06_105750.png  

Last edited by lynnxa; Nov 6th 2010 at 9:59 am. Reason: add image
Old Nov 7th 2010, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Checkala is just really niceCheckala is just really niceCheckala is just really niceCheckala is just really niceCheckala is just really niceCheckala is just really niceCheckala is just really niceCheckala is just really niceCheckala is just really niceCheckala is just really niceCheckala is just really nice

Telefónica's exchange is likely to be quite central in the town. Why not ask at correos just off the Gabriel Miró or perhaps try the Ayuntamiento at the top of the hill. There are lots of English bisinesses in the town who might help.

Originally Posted by sabian View Post
lynnxa and gardner8

Many thanks for your reply and for the link

Thanks for this. This is what I was after, after trying the link that gardner8 gave. It didn't seemed to work for me. It doesn't have my area listed in the dropdown search box. There is Alicante, Valencia which are the only cities close to me but are over an hour away. I currently don't have telephone line. but I am trying to find out in advanced how fast the internet speed would be. If it's slow like 1 or 2 mbps I won't bother with getting a telephone line and just use a wireless service like 3g. I am located in Calpe. I know there is telefonica and movistar. But I don't want to book them to come over just yet until I can determine just how far I am from the local street cabinet. As the closer you are the more chance you will have a faster speed. Do you know of any sites that list this?

Many thanks in advance