Reload this Page >

How to become 'Parejas de Hecho'

How to become 'Parejas de Hecho'

Old May 14th 2013, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

MarbsandCarbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to become 'Parejas de Hecho'

Hello,

I've started a new thread just for this...so its doesn't get confused with my other thread

Please can anyone tell me how we become 'Parejas de Hecho'...

many thanks
Old May 15th 2013, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to become 'Parejas de Hecho'

Like a lot of things in Spain it'll depend on where you are based.A google search came up with some details of the process in Barcelona
Old May 15th 2013, 2:16 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarbsandCarbs
Hello,

I've started a new thread just for this...so its doesn't get confused with my other thread

Please can anyone tell me how we become 'Parejas de Hecho'...

many thanks
yes, Daveinspain is right - it can vary a bit depending on where you are

as a rule of thumb though, you have to prove that you've been living together (in Spain, though I've heard in some areas they will accept proof from outside Spain ) for 2 years - either by joint bills or mortgage/rental contract/bank account, same address on the padrón, same address for your resident certs etc.
Old May 15th 2013, 2:23 am
Just Joined

Hello,

Yes I'm sorry I should of said...I'm in the Malaga region...

Yep my search came up with that info...didn't have much luck with a more local search though....although I did find the Junta de Andalucia's info and I could understand the Spanish but it seemed mighty complicated! So I kinda wondered if anyone had any first-hand experience of applying for one...

Thanks
Old May 15th 2013, 2:25 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarbsandCarbs
Hello,

Yes I'm sorry I should of said...I'm in the Malaga region...

Yep my search came up with that info...didn't have much luck with a more local search though....although I did find the Junta de Andalucia's info and I could understand the Spanish but it seemed mighty complicated! So I kinda wondered if anyone had any first-hand experience of applying for one...

Thanks
I know people who have done it in my area, but that's a long way from you

the only way to find out for sure is to pop into the local ayuntamiento & ask them what they require - even if someone here has done it in Málaga, chances are the rules have changed since then
Old Jun 1st 2013, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

Pilar Spanish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Marbsandcarbs! To become a pareja de hecho is simple. The town hall of your area has a registry of parejas de hecho. You will fill an application form with a few documents attached (civil status certificate, ID documents, padrón). These documents will prove that both of you are single and at least one of you are registered in the town hall (padrón).

And the enjoy your honey moon!
Old Jul 16th 2013, 1:30 am
Just Joined

parejando is just really niceparejando is just really niceparejando is just really niceparejando is just really niceparejando is just really niceparejando is just really niceparejando is just really niceparejando is just really nice

Hi MarbsandCarbs.
Have you had any joy in further investigations in the pareja de hecho? I rang the British Consulate in Málaga today because I know in order to get married you need some kind of certificate to prove you're single. Well, you need to prove you're not married or single to do the pareja de hecho too, but you'll need to get in touch with the General Registry in the UK.

I'm going to the office where they deal with it in Seville tomorrow, so if I find any useful information I'll post it on here.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 2:02 am
Just Joined

Hello,

No I've been poorly

But will be trying to figure it all out as soon as I can

x
Old Jul 16th 2013, 2:37 am
Just Joined

parejando is just really niceparejando is just really niceparejando is just really niceparejando is just really niceparejando is just really niceparejando is just really niceparejando is just really niceparejando is just really nice

Oh no, get well soon!

I've just noticed a mistake in my post:
Well, you need to prove you're not married or single

Ignore the single bit!

I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 2:45 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by parejando
Hi MarbsandCarbs.
Have you had any joy in further investigations in the pareja de hecho? I rang the British Consulate in Málaga today because I know in order to get married you need some kind of certificate to prove you're single. Well, you need to prove you're not married or single to do the pareja de hecho too, but you'll need to get in touch with the General Registry in the UK.

I'm going to the office where they deal with it in Seville tomorrow, so if I find any useful information I'll post it on here.
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 17th 2013, 3:02 am
Just Joined

I just wrote a really useful list of information but the post seems to have disappeared now. How annoying!

This gives you loads of information http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/organ...jas-hecho.html and I recommend you go to the Junta's office in San Jacinto in Málaga (the link has the full address) for any queries you've got. They'll also give you a form for you and your partner to fill in.

You'll need to get a copy of your birth certificate and have it legalised (also known as an Apostille stamp) http://www.ukofficialservice.co.uk/ and then translated by an official translator into Spanish https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ist-of-lawyers

You'll also need "no trace of marriage" certification which you can get from the General Register. No such certificate actually exists but they'll prepare some kind of letter for you https://www.gov.uk/general-register-office

Make sure your NIE is up to date, and I assume you're empadronado.

The certificates and translations cost a bit, but cheaper than a wedding!

Good luck
Old Jul 17th 2013, 11:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by parejando
I just wrote a really useful list of information but the post seems to have disappeared now. How annoying!
Hi there parejando and welcome to BE. Sorry about you having to re-write your very helpful post.
When a new user makes a post with links , BE automatically sends that post into a holding area for checking & it then needs to be manually approved. This is to help keep the boards clean of spammers. As us motley mods are all around the world, it can sometimes take a wee bit of time for one of us to see the post and approve. I'm in a wintery New Zealand for my sins

As you will see I have approved your post . Thanks for your patience & for being so helpful. It's what BE is all about.